Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New FT Pinpointers

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New FT Pinpointers
November 18, 2017 06:59PM
A Relic Roundup podcast this week featured this - pretty interesting.

Available as Fisher F-Pulse or Teknetics Tek-Point. - MAP $129

Interesting features include
Wear resistant material for those of us who insist on grinding the PP into the dirt
Really bright led (adjustable)
PI - works great in salt water and black sand
Lost PP alarm feature
At least as Deep as a TRX - so I’m told by someone who tested it
2 AA batteries give 30 hrs continuous
Ratchet power control

Available for pre order now - Deliveries in December

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: New FT Pinpointers
November 18, 2017 07:54PM
Interesting.....I had a pulse pin pointer.....The Vibraprobe......It really interfered with all my detectors. It will be interesting to see if those issues were solved with these models.
November 18, 2017 08:32PM
Its really a powerful unit...

it's hotter depth wise than about any I've ever ran..its hot like the pistol P.I. probe..but built way better

No problems with it falsing on the hot soil like most ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 18, 2017 08:56PM
Yes I forgot to mention falling - the Podcast emphasized that it had no falling issues - unlike VLF probes.

Rick Kempf
November 18, 2017 09:46PM
is it waterproof?
November 18, 2017 10:02PM
Yes, rated for 10’. Russ Balborina of FT stated on the podcast that he and his son swam out in Hawaii into about 12” of water and let the thing sit on the bottom for 10 minutes or so - it was fine - I’m Sure FT has more rigorous testing, but you get the idea.

Here’s a link to the podcast.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 11:33PM by lytle78.
New FT Pinpointers
November 19, 2017 12:09AM
Keith and Rick

I wasn't able to determine from the FT brochure if it is TIP sensitive only or if the detection field surrounds the probe.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
November 19, 2017 12:44AM
A depth gauge calibrated in inches isn't the best idea for a global product. We Brits can handle it, but most others would prefer cm. [it may be dual-scale, of course, I've only seen the one pic.]

The abrasion-resistant plastic is a good idea... except it may have the adverse effect of encouraging people to dig vigorously with it. [in the same way that selling an 'unbreakable' spade is guaranteed to result in some ape-man snapping it in two..] I've work my original Garrett propointer through to the potting compound, but a sleeve of heat-shrink tube seems a pretty decent protector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2017 12:51AM by Pimento.
November 19, 2017 02:04AM
Not tip only - as the sensitivity is reduced, apparently the “tip” sensitivity persists.

Inches and Cm - one scale on each side.

“Ye take the high road and I’ll take the low road ...and I’ll be at the target before ye....”

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2017 02:06AM by lytle78.
November 19, 2017 06:37AM
My Tek-Point was 3.75 on an nickel and 3.25 on a quarter. Left it in my bathtub overnight and powered right up the next morning.

Used next to a T2...G2+...8500...F19...F44...AT Max...Etrac...Impact....no interference on any of those.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
November 19, 2017 07:10AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Tek-Point was 3.75 on an nickel and 3.25 on a q
> uarter. Left it in my bathtub overnight and power
> ed right up the next morning.
>
> Used next to a T2...G2+...8500...F19...F44...AT Ma
> x...Etrac...Impact....no interference on any of th
> ose.

Whats it like on small gold?

this seemed to be a sticking point for those who originally looked at the X-Pointers?

cheers winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
November 19, 2017 12:42PM
Thanks. I may just pick one up. The Garrett Carrot works well for most situations for me, but at the beach it does not like the seeping water that comes up when you dig a deep hole, without retuning it. I just hope the FT has a loud speaker and doesn't clog with sand as most pin pointers do on the beach.
November 19, 2017 01:35PM
I will be keeping an eye on this one. I absolutely hate my Garrett carrot. It falses like crazy in the soil I have around here. The sad thing is, is that it is better than the others currently on the market that I have used. The Pistol Probe gave me high expectations as it is probably the probe that air tests with the greatest detection distance that I have seen. As soon as it got close to my ground it went crazy and was useless. It needed some kind of ground balance on it.
November 19, 2017 02:42PM
Looks good! I hope it can be set and the settings saved so it's the same each time it's turned on. I'd hate to have to hold the button down and then push the button several times to get it where I want it to be set, every time I want to use it. Otherwise I'd spend more time adjusting it than actually using it to find a target.
November 19, 2017 03:17PM
I’m pretty sure that Russ Balbirona said on the podcast that it had nonvolatile memory.

Rick Kempf
November 19, 2017 04:43PM
looks nice
November 19, 2017 05:13PM
Should be good on small gold. I clipped off an extremely small bit of a paper clip with some snips. It picked it up. Also picked up birdshot. Seeing as how it goes further on a nickel than a quarter I'm inclined to think it will get small gold easily.

It would not false anywhere. Not once. Salt water or gold claim in California.

It saves settings.

Has retune to narrow the target.

Hope that answers the questions and is of help.

November 19, 2017 05:24PM
Is there a pre-order available for the fisher (red) unit ?
November 19, 2017 05:39PM
Perhaps through a dealer....I am unsure.

Here is a video showing performane if interested...skip forward a minute or so to skip past my ad stuff.

[youtu.be]

November 19, 2017 06:08PM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps through a dealer....I am unsure.
>
> Here is a video showing performane if interested..
> .skip forward a minute or so to skip past my ad st
> uff.
>
> [youtu.be]

I have watched your most of your youtube videos, great job !

After owning a couple Fisher products I just prefer the Fisher brand. I would love to see a comparison between the mlab and fisher units when available.
November 19, 2017 07:48PM
Thanks Hunter GT - winking smiley - appreciated

[www.earthscan.co.nz]