Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Would You?

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Would You?
October 28, 2012 03:48PM
Scenario; What if someone said they would employ you, pay a handsome hourly wage to detect pre determined properties that permission was granted. But, you had to turn in all the items found to this someone. You could detect at your convenience while maintaining a minium amount of hours (say 10 hrs per week min, 40 hrs max), and have to video the entire hunt. Would you? ..... And no, this is not an offer.

Edit; Making it clearer- That person finds the private properties ahead of time and has more than enough funds to pay you. He or she takes care of everthing, like an employer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2012 04:33PM by ozzie.
Re: Would You?
October 28, 2012 04:04PM
Personally have to be careful on this one( me thinks something mighty valuable on this property).....careful what kind of contract you sign and of couse with limited knowledge just a knee jerk answer...
October 28, 2012 04:09PM
It puts a damper on the hunt, that being a 'contract' as such. I often offer to give up all I find to the owner, but that's my choice, not theirs. This is akin to doing any work for a homeowner, taking down a tree, cutting grass, painting, etc. If it's not fun, I'm not going to bother with it.
October 28, 2012 04:20PM
Really odd the video part....something tells me they couldn't afford me.
October 29, 2012 12:26AM
no i wouldnt its the thrill of the hunt for me! I wouldnt want to give up all my finds.
October 29, 2012 12:37AM
Suppose you took up the offer. Would you dig any targets deeper than 3-4" ??
After all, digging deeper targets would mean more work, especially if the ground is dry & hard during the summer months.

If I wanted to do that, I'd just go to my job.
Detecting under these circumstances & going to my real job wouldn't be any different.

Both would be boring very quickly...............see ya yardhunter
October 29, 2012 01:04AM
Oh yeah... the video.

Forgetaboutit!
October 29, 2012 02:16PM
Keep this in mind work is work and fun is fun....Even though retired for a long time I still remember the long hours and rigors of the job so tell him to go take a hike as to me hobby is fun and relaxation and with my luck would find a 20 dollar gold piece and sorry charlie if I dig it...its mine...
Mickey D's is hiring but you will have to learn a mop swing and get away from the detector swing.
Seriously something just don't add up with this scenario and not for me....
PS: located valuable rings and things and a few sentimental ones along the way along with car keys, property stakes, old well but I did it for the challenge but have to admit me and the missus were rewarded with a gift card for a nice supper in appreciation for my efforts along the way by some of the grateful people but no money was accepted...
October 29, 2012 02:40PM
Okay, saw your edit.

If this guy is willing to pay me as much as I'm making in my day job, I'd consider it. There would have to be written legal agreements, including a agreed percentage for found valubles.
The video part of it really has me concerned for many reasons.
October 29, 2012 06:23PM
Videos are for the sole purpose of keeping the hunter honest, as much as possible and not to be aired on television, ever. No percetage of finds go to the hunter/detectorist. You are there to video, locate, retrieve.
October 29, 2012 09:36PM
Soooo, if these videos are to keep you honest then the camera would need to run non-stop, right?

I don't think it needs to mentioned all the technical problems involved w that could work against you.