Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

If You could only have one Detector?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
If You could only have one Detector?
November 29, 2017 05:22PM
I remember this Topic a few Years back. I was wondering with The New units since if Your pick has changed?
I said the Etrac with Sunray 8" Coil.
I think today I would have to say My CZ-3D with stock 8" coil as more raw depth. It was always close between these two, But it would be easier to replace a Etrac as most are the same depth wise and in iron. My CZ-3D is a Hot 12.1" Detector that is also best CZ I have had in iron and have had every model. I also have a Hot New Tone Golden uMax that would have to be No. 2 as hard to find them this hot. So Etrac would move to 3rd.
So what's Yours?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2017 05:26PM by Harold,ILL..
Re: If You could only have one Detector?
November 29, 2017 05:29PM
F75 DST or T2 DST. The concentric coils can give an edge on the F75, but the T2 audio has that something I like.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
November 29, 2017 05:40PM
Of the ones I've owned, it would have to be an MX Sport with a 10" concentric coil.
November 29, 2017 05:48PM
Need you ask CZ's rule....deep silver......as far as clad local parks so many good ones..your call....
November 29, 2017 05:53PM
Minelab GPX 5000 with the 15x12 DD coil
November 29, 2017 05:59PM
Xp Deus, to we'll rounded machine not to have one.
November 29, 2017 06:13PM
I agree with Welgund...XP Deus offers the best versatility options be it technical or ergonomic. cool smiley

Charles
November 29, 2017 06:37PM
Modded Lobo ST. or Tejon.

Rick
November 29, 2017 07:00PM
If it was just one machine then it would have to be the Deus and i also have another complete machine as a backup just incase smiling smiley
November 29, 2017 07:01PM
If I could only have one it would be the F75 LTD with DST. It is my favorite now by far. DST really opened up my areas. Prior to DST my EMI environment just killed it. But DST changed all that... Plus the F75 LTD feature set floats my boat. Although I would wish it had three gain settings instead of two as even the low gain setting is pretty hot, but I can get use coil height as an additional gain control when I need it. I have to pack it away ever so often so I can use my other units. Isn't that funny.

I hope I never get to the point where I could only have one. I like others models,too, but the F75 LTD DST is my favorite.

HH
Mike
November 29, 2017 07:16PM
That new Knox thing checks all my boxes, I just can't get one...

I have a dozen different detectors now so I can adjust to conditions and have backups. Any single detector can come close to dedicated units, but I am VERY skeptical that it can match or exceed them all. Also there is the backup question, what never fails? Can I take a hunting break while it is being repaired and stay sane? Can my loved ones live with me with shaking hands and stuttering random mumbling? Should they have to? One detector? I don't think so.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 29, 2017 07:49PM
I would pick the mxt pro and detech 6" excellerator coil.
November 29, 2017 07:50PM
Equinox 800, within a doubt...and without ever seeing/touching one in person 'yet'....
My mind, body, spirit has been completely consumed by the hype machine, lol
November 29, 2017 07:51PM
CTX 3030 #1 and XP Deus #2 and Equinox when it comes out will be #? We shall see.
November 29, 2017 08:14PM
Depends on the day or mood I'm in!
November 29, 2017 08:22PM
90% of my permissions are large open fields, many haven't seen a plough in living memory. The Signum beats them all on depth and alerting to the deep coins, the Deus, Etrac, Rutus, F19, GM's, Nexus, Racers etc they were fun and have their uses, but couldn't cut the mustard on my grounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2017 08:24PM by ghound.
November 29, 2017 08:30PM
Right now my CTX because I can use it for most of my hunting.
Ocean,land,rain ETC ETC.
When I get my NOX 800 that may change thou.
November 29, 2017 09:34PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That new Knox thing checks all my boxes, I just ca
> n't get one...
>
> I have a dozen different detectors now so I can ad
> just to conditions and have backups. Any single d
> etector can come close to dedicated units, but I a
> m VERY skeptical that it can match or exceed them
> all. Also there is the backup question, what neve
> r fails? Can I take a hunting break while it is b
> eing repaired and stay sane? Can my loved ones li
> ve with me with shaking hands and stuttering rando
> m mumbling? Should they have to? One detector?
> I don't think so.

Bless you Tom---you have SO MUCH empathy for your loved ones!winking smiley------Harold---For me, it depends on what kind of hunting I'm doing.-----For coin hunting, it would still be the Etrac w/X-8 coil.-----For relics. the F-19/G2+ or Fors Relic-----For gold (nugget), the GM1000--can't afford (or lift) the Minelab Super detectors!------I have to have more than one or I get shaking hands & stuttering speech also----and I SURE don't want to put my wife through that!!!eye rolling smiley
November 29, 2017 09:39PM
CZ6a
November 29, 2017 09:56PM
A good Jack Russell terrier that can smell silver, and bark one time.
One that can smell copper and bark 2 times.
All other nonferrous, one that barks 3 times,

Just a little Alpo and I'm all set.lol

The mighty Russell might even help me dig the targets too.
November 29, 2017 10:00PM
T2 LTD or F75 LTD for myself.

Good depth.
Good separation.
Great battery life.
Great ergonomics.
Easy to setup.

Can handle the trifecta of my hunting likes...parks - relics - prospecting.

Give me the stock 11DD and the 5in DD...all set.

Thank goodness we don't have to choose just one. I like using all 10 detectors I own. Multiple tools for multiple jobs.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
November 29, 2017 10:07PM
A mint condition Compass Gold Scanner Pro!
November 29, 2017 10:32PM
F 75 LTD DST. That detector just works well for me. HH jim tn
November 29, 2017 10:37PM
It would have to be the Tesoro Vaquero with the 11" DD coil. Back to the basics, beep & dig with one of the best disc circuits available IMHO.
November 29, 2017 10:48PM
Only one detector ?.....not going to happen anytime soon...lol
November 29, 2017 10:49PM
Equinox 800.......If I could only do one type of hunting it would be the wet salty sand. So I'll take the detector I have been waiting for twenty years to arrive. If it doesn't deliver I'll still have the Sovereign GT. But I have faith in Minelab. So bring it on. I reserved one this morning. Or maybe I should say I put my name on the list.
November 29, 2017 10:55PM
I'm stocking up on bathroom tissues just in case the Nox Craps The Bed!
November 29, 2017 11:04PM
For me, right now? CTX. Just got one a few weeks ago, and I am in awe of what this thing is doing for me in such a short amount of time. Given its versatility, and the type of hunting I do -- on top of the extremely impressive way it has performed for me in this "honeymoon" period...WOW.

I have high hopes for the Equinox...REALLY high hopes. But at this point, I am not sure it will out-do the CTX. I am not buying it for that reason, I'm buying it to complement the CTX, but since we are talking about just ONE machine, it would have to be the CTX (though I wouldn't complain if in 6 months I change my answer to the Equinox...and I'm eyeing a Rutus Alter 71 as well...)

Steve
November 29, 2017 11:05PM
A. Goat you can use those to dry your tears if it works close to what was promised!
As a water hunter I'll look for a bidet should the 'lab roll snake eyes!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 29, 2017 11:06PM
If I could only have one detector...........it would be either a Nokta or Makro.