Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's a hunt I did yesterday with the AT

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's a hunt I did yesterday with the AT
March 19, 2011 07:12PM
Man it's hard to hunt and film.......Need a headcam....I went in with one idea in mind of hunting iron but I have pounded the place so hard in the last month it is about dead..

Anyway I ended up just digging a couple of target's ....do get a 3-ringer on video...actually ended up digging 9 of them in a spot out away from the dense iron did dig a civil war J-hook at the 10 inch mark but did not get it on video dang it....

Did do a test in the video you might be interested in with some iron stained dirt...

Well for a first hunt with camera it was a learning experience and I did not stay to original plan...

Did not catch any great recoveries neither....

but it's a beginning

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2011 07:32PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Here's a hunt I did yesterday with the AT
March 19, 2011 07:47PM
Interesting video and a great example of halo interference. Ive been looking at these tripods as a solution to a helmet cam. They could be mounted on the handle below the control box and when digging and the detector is set down paned over to the hole for hands free digging. Just a thought. I don't know how well they would hold up though, there was no review of this one and the cheaper ones I found were getting bad reviews.
HH
godigit [joby.com]
Keith.....Re: Here's a hunt I did yesterday with the AT
March 20, 2011 12:39AM
You took your time and energy to make this for your fellow detectorists. Its greatly appreciated.
wjs
Tripod
March 20, 2011 01:52AM
I bought one of those tripods from Ebay for $2.98 delivered. It came from Hong Kong but only took about 10 days or so to get here. Its works ok. Dont think it would hold up on a real camcorder. It works ok on the Flip ultra I got.
I Kam Glasses
March 20, 2011 02:46AM
I've been wanting to try these, a friend of mine has some and they work great. Hands free video......

[revolutionaryoutdoor1-px.rtrk.com]
Re: I Kam Glasses
March 20, 2011 03:11AM
Great job on the video!!! My hat's off to you buddy. If I came across all of that iron, I'd put my detector back in my truck and go fishing smiling smiley BTW, do you dig every signal at a site like that? LOL

Seems like the AT Pro is good at cutting through the iron. Nice finds. Keep up the good work winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2011 03:12AM by njnydigger.
Re: I Kam Glasses
March 20, 2011 11:25PM
Thanks for taking the time to make that video Keith. I'm still on the fence about picking up an AT Pro and part of the reason is wondering how it will do in the red clay here in TN but your video seems to put that concern to rest. What state are you in?
Hey Neugen I am in GA...
March 21, 2011 12:31AM
West of Atlanta....right in the Gold Belt ....hot rock's...red clay.... heck I live a few miles from a copper mine if that say's anything about the mineral content...

Keith
Re: Hey Neugen I am in GA...
March 21, 2011 12:51AM
Thanks Keith, I have an retired uncle in Dahlonega and want to get down there with a detector but haven't been able to make it happen yet. Have you ever hunted that area?
Re: Hey Neugen I am in GA...
March 21, 2011 09:50PM
I did year's and years ago ...1985-86 I believe it was....I hunted some old tailing pile's way back in the wood's did not find anything ....then came across a chimney and spent the rest of my Saturday poking in that....found some house site stuff late 1800's that day but not much....

was dreaming about a Gold coin with the D on it when I saw the chimney but no such luck...

Keith
March 21, 2011 10:11PM
Keith thanks for posting the video, I'll check it out (I have a list of AT videos to watch smiling smiley

I picked up the AT Pro that LowBow/Lorenzo had over the weekend. Now I just need some free time to test it out smiling smiley

There's a fair amount of videos for the AT Pro, that should help speed up the learning curve substantially. I'd love to see a video with good audio (in the Pro mode, don't see the point of the standard mode...I guess it's for folks coming to the AT from the ACE series?) for deep targets and good targets (like coins) mixed in with nails or other iron.

Thanks and HH,
Brian
March 21, 2011 10:20PM
Keith.....you are in the right area for a 'D'.

Just finished extensive testing of your AT Pro.....and now have it boxed up. Will ship soon. THANKS!
March 22, 2011 12:38AM
I really hope to get down there over the summer, who knows I might just get lucky.
N/T
March 23, 2011 03:16AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith thanks for posting the video, I'll check it
> out (I have a list of AT videos to watch smiling smiley
I'd love to see a video with good
> audio (in the Pro mode, don't see the point of the
> standard mode...I guess it's for folks coming to
> the AT from the ACE series?) for deep targets and
> good targets (like coins) mixed in with nails or
> other iron.
>
> Thanks and HH,
> Brian

Brian try DirtFishing's video below he is has been working the AT Pro in some heavy iron as well.

[www.youtube.com]
March 23, 2011 03:22AM
Cal you just take the At and see if you can use it for what your needs are it has to have that fun factor...Even no it was not my cup of tea I would like to see it become a deep silver machine for you...I will wait to hear from you in April..When I hunted with Crosby I missed my G2 so much and Crosby was using the Omega and said he was thinking of selling it but it did so well at our spot that he is going to keep it....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
fine video keith - nice spin also smiling smiley
March 23, 2011 03:30AM
good luck on the next spin