Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox shipping next week to Europe

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox shipping next week to Europe
December 07, 2017 06:19PM
i just saw this posted from the UK supplier Leisure Promotions

''Scott Ellis We would like to inform everyone that the serial production of Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 detectors has just begun. First detectors should be shipped from Australia to Europe at the end of next week. Unfortunately we do not know the numbers we get (we have several orders running there). It is likely that we will only receive relatively small numbers in December, and larger numbers will only come in January. The detectors we receive in December will be consistently sent according to how pre-orders arrived.

We would also like to announce that all those who pre-ordered or re-order the detector by the end of the year will receive a T-shirt from a non-sales limited series from LP''
Re: Equinox shipping next week to Europe
December 07, 2017 06:37PM
Seems too much hype at present.....it very likely could be my next machine but not without some real life reviews.
December 07, 2017 07:03PM
IF true that's great news and in-line with my time-tabled predictions.
December 07, 2017 09:29PM
'A mystifying comment???

Scott Ellis, is a forum Admin on a Minelab forum
Leisure Promotions is a UK dealer.

Yet, there are zero comments / posts on the forum Scott is on and last post on Leisure's Facebook is from October?"
Equinox shipping next week to Europe -
December 08, 2017 03:46AM
Glad to see that Minelab has a production version of the Equinox and shipments are in the works. I'm looking forward to hearing from my dealer soon.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 08, 2017 10:30AM
So Des..... you saying this could be fake news? If not it could be like a EU McDonals...... where it narrows and the elbowing just gets worse. I talked to a dealer today and he said Chi town knows nothing about said shipment and expect to get them about the same time. He also talked to his counterpart in EU...... whose not aware of any such shipment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 06:08PM by dewcon4414.
December 08, 2017 05:02PM
I sure hope that the Equinox is every bit as good as people hope that it's going to be, because I sure would like to own one if it is. Waterproof and lightweight with multi-frequencies sure sounds great! However, I'm willing to bet that the Equinox won't replace the Deus when it comes to target separation and unmasking in most ground. Also I'm willing to bet that it won't outdo the 3030 when it comes to finding deep silver coins. I agree with Monte when he says that there's no one perfect detector for all uses.

tabman
December 08, 2017 06:50PM
No operating manuals on the website yet.

HH
Mike
December 08, 2017 08:26PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No operating manuals on the website yet.
>
> HH
> Mike

And still no post under the "Treasure Talk" header on the Minelab web page that is to be titled "EQUINOX Technologies (Part 3)" -- which they said in "Part 2" would be "forthcoming..."

Steve
December 08, 2017 10:15PM
Im not real concerned if its not perfect ...... as a gold, relic, or coin machine as long as it works GREAT in Salt water lol.

Dew
December 08, 2017 10:19PM
Exciting Times ahead -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 09, 2017 03:17AM
If it doesn't work great in salt water then I don't won't it. CTX doing just fine in salt water and there is plenty of good coin and relic machines already available.
December 09, 2017 02:08PM
you would want to see some live reviews before laying out cash .will bits break off ??and other complaints from early adopters
December 09, 2017 02:23PM
I was under the assumption that Minelab manufacturers most of their detectors in Malaysia since 2009? If this is true, why would they ship from Australia? It would seem to me that it would be a bit harder to come in at the price point they are offering the Equinox(s) for if this model was manufactured in Australia. I have doubts about the legitimacy of the "UK Suppliers" post..
December 09, 2017 11:28PM
I spoke with my dealer and he has confirmed that they will have stock before Christmas
December 10, 2017 01:13AM
coherent Wrote:
> I was under the assumption that Minelab manufactur
> ers most of their detectors in Malaysia since 2009
> ? If this is true, why would they ship from Austr
> alia? It would seem to me that it would be a bit h
> arder to come in at the price point they are offer
> ing the Equinox(s) for if this model was manufactu
> red in Australia. I have doubts about the legitima
> cy of the "UK Suppliers" post..

Straight from Minelab's website, seems they still manufacture detectors in Australia as well.

"Since December 2009, the Codan Group’s manufacturing service provider, Plexus Corp, a US company, situated in Penang, Malaysia has been responsible for the majority of Minelab’s worldwide metal detector production. Minelab is proud of its association with its outsource partner in Malaysia. Genuine Minelab metal detectors are exclusively manufactured by Minelab in Australia and by Plexus Corp, USA in the Malaysian facility."
December 10, 2017 01:34AM
There was lot of buzz with the Atpro also.....sure a good detector but nothing most mid range detectors can't handle the same.
I REALLY am waiting for the reviews that's for sure.

Living in the busy city need some new technology to breath life back into my very very few hunt sites. Hope it is a winner have my fingers crossed. hh

OJ/bc
December 10, 2017 02:09AM
sanjuro Wrote:
"I spoke with my dealer and he has confirmed that
they will have stock before Christmas."

Is your dealer in the US?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2017 02:14AM by Badger in NH.
December 10, 2017 02:13AM
I doubt it. I could be wrong. No I'm sure I'm right.
December 10, 2017 01:02PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> sanjuro Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> "I spoke with my dealer and he has confirmed that
> they will have stock before Christmas."
>
>
> Is your dealer in the US?