Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Your one machine for coinshooting

Posted by Bill B. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your one machine for coinshooting
December 08, 2017 03:29PM
If you were hunting for old coins in yards, what would your single detector of choice be now? Not necessarily what is the BEST detector (if there can even be such a thing), but what would be your personal choice, and why? The one machine that you feel most comfortable with?

For the past couple of years, I've mostly swung an etrac, but I still feel most comfortable with my 20-plus-year-old QuickSilver.
Re: Your one machine for coinshooting
December 08, 2017 04:19PM
For me it would be my T2 and Sharpshooter coil or 5'' coil,its found me the most gold coinage including full and 1/4 celtic gold staters
December 08, 2017 04:28PM
Definitely a FBS machine Etrac or CTX.
Great ID , handles the EMI one encounters in such environments and dead on pinpointing and depth readings which help contain digging in pristine areas.
I have both and would opt for either before my single frequency machines.
December 08, 2017 04:28PM
As of right now? The Impact. Although in a yard there is considerably less trashy, with all the options available, not only will your bases be covered when it comes to different types of spots, be you will have great depth for filled sites.
December 08, 2017 04:54PM
In the past it would have been a Fisher CZ-3D...but...since I don't own one anymore...I would have to go with my XP Deus. It is lightweight and it easily detects coins.

Charles
December 08, 2017 05:28PM
Although an older detector the Minelab Musketeer Advantage found me alot of coins.
December 08, 2017 05:39PM
Deus.... Then Impact.
December 08, 2017 05:52PM
F75 with DST in case the house is an EMI factory. Small football concentric...followed by the stock 11DD.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 06:16PM by TheHunterGT.
December 08, 2017 06:10PM
CZ3D or Etrac
December 08, 2017 06:14PM
I would first go with the MXT with the 9.5" coil, then go with the 4x7" Excelartor 11 pro coil.It will pick out any coins that are next to trash, and still get about 7" deep. I love this coil on the MXT.
December 08, 2017 06:17PM
Here is a good one for you high tech gurus......

A 30 year old is one of my favorites out of my vintage detector arsenal. My Toltec 100 equipped with the Troy Shadow Super Nine coil is deep & accurate in old Victorian house sites filled with nails and larger iron, it absolutely hates iron. It will false on larger iron but has a special language that must be learned...This trait coupled with a lightning quick recovery speed and an accurate analog meter equals a well behaved coin and relic machine.

..This kind of performance is related to my mild & sweet ground only.......... Your mileage will vary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 07:19PM by Hombre.
December 08, 2017 06:22PM
Etrac with either the 13" Ultimate or X-8 on board (depending on site)-----Why?---Because they are a "lethal combo" for coin hunting!
December 08, 2017 07:20PM
Really depends on if the old yard still has a house standing, or if the house has been torn or burned down. If it was one or the other, standing or torn down it would make a difference in the detector I'd want. But if could only be one detector to cover both then I'd have to go with the Impact.
December 08, 2017 07:38PM
#1: CTX
#2: Etrac
#3: CZ6a
December 08, 2017 08:50PM
I would use the Omega as depth isn't paramount in most yards and with its little lower frequency it just seems to love silver. I would also keep the 10" concentric on. And, if the battery died and I didn't have a spare, i would go to my F 75 LTD2 DST. HH jim tn
December 08, 2017 09:27PM
In a well manicured lawn have to go with the Etrac and Sunray X-8 Coil.
The digital Numbers and Screen make it a little easier to Cherry pick Coins.
December 08, 2017 09:35PM
Around the old home where there is thousands of targets, f-75, 5" coil.
Further out away from the old home, cz3d, 10" coil or the 8"second.

< TheHunterGT stated- F75 with DST in case the house is an EMI factory. Small football concentric...followed by the stock 11DD.

Hunter, do you prefer the 6" concentric football coil over the 5'dd....if so why? Thanks.
December 08, 2017 09:39PM
CTX 3030
December 08, 2017 09:51PM
CTX 3030 with the proper coil size too match conditions.
December 08, 2017 10:16PM
same as SkiWhiz - Musky is still my favorite coin muncher -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 08, 2017 10:26PM
CTX 3030
CZ 6a or 5
December 08, 2017 10:27PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Around the old home where there is thousands of ta
> rgets, f-75, 5" coil.
> Further out away from the old home, cz3d, 10" coil
> or the 8"second.
>
>
> < TheHunterGT stated- F75 with DST in case the hou
> se is an EMI factory. Small football concentric...
> followed by the stock 11DD.
>
> Hunter, do you prefer the 6" concentric football c
> oil over the 5'dd....if so why? Thanks.

Well...I will have to get off topic a bit to explain. So I better just make a new topic for it and probably add a disclaimer or two. I'll go post it in a few minutes.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
December 08, 2017 10:44PM
Minelab Explorer SE Pro with X1 probe and 6x8 SEF coil
December 08, 2017 11:17PM
My spare F2 seems about average finding clad. Lately been digging deeper targets to get a few more finds.
As fields get mowed a lot and cuttings force the coins deeper. hh

oj/bc
December 08, 2017 11:18PM
CZ5...if real junky 5inch coil....to back up Hombre found my oldest US silver with a Toltec 100...5 inches deep standing right on end in plug..1839 seated dime...old meeting place that mucho types of coils passed over with various units....
Original Explorer XS was probably the deepest of their lot and found a lot of deep silver also...
December 09, 2017 01:16AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In a well manicured lawn have to go with the Etrac
> and Sunray X-8 Coil.
> The digital Numbers and Screen make it a little e
> asier to Cherry pick Coins.

Virgin Yard of average size? As of today, I go with my Etrac, but, I start with the standard Pro coil and switch to my 800 if needed. Small yard? I start with the 800.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 09, 2017 02:41AM
I’d have to say Equinox hands down! Lol. With a manicured lawn I’d use Etrac, Ctx. because of the accuracy.

John
December 09, 2017 10:15AM
Minelab Sterling was hot on Silver but the Big Bud Pro SE worked very well as I recall!
December 09, 2017 02:12PM
CTX 3030
December 09, 2017 02:49PM
An interesting collection of responses. Thanks!