Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The great Equinox conspiracy.

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: The great Equinox conspiracy.
December 19, 2017 09:26PM
From the earliest Explorer to the CTX they all get right around the same depth. So does anyone expect less? Number one detector need taken care of!
Everyone that has tested it has already reported it is fast in recovery...Number two detector need taken care of!
It is lighter than any FBS or BBS Cinder Block released before it......Number three check!
The only thing left is bells and whistles. And it sounds like it has plenty of those. I'll give up the GPS and a few bin tones for a lighter weight.
So just wait for the release. Me? If my reservation comes in before Nokta releases their version I'll try the Nox. But I guarantee the Nokta will come with hype too!
December 19, 2017 09:41PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This may be turn out to be an astute Minelab marketing move. The hype of a new mid-priced detector
> before the holidays will necessarily depress the sale of competing mid-priced units as potential buy
> ers wait for the Nox while ML gambles that sales of their flagship CTX is not cannibalized too badly
> .
> How many sales will they lose, or gain, by keeping the anxiety at fever pitch by leaking out videos,
> manuals and training guides while continuing to delay the shipping date? I’d guess more deposits than lost sales...

I don't think people are asking the right questions regarding their flagship sales...... perhaps the real question is, is anyone actually buying enough CTX's to make it worth their while to continue to support it?

As I understand it, they barely sell any in continental Europe, which makes a lot of sense. I doubt their a big seller in France, as the French like to buy French made products and the XP Dues is a big seller there. There's a lot of detector vendors in Europe that aren't that well known in the U.S., but they are over there, and they attend all the big multi-vendor rallies, and have good support over there..... so ask yourself, is the CTX really that big of a seller? If so, who's buying it? What market is the Equinox targeting? If you peel back the layers of data, you'll find the CTX isn't as large of a seller as many may assume, and the Equinox, even though at this point it's vaporware, has already seemingly cornered the mid-range all-terrain market.
December 19, 2017 09:41PM
goodmore Wrote:
> From the earliest Explorer to the CTX they all get
> right around the same depth. So does anyone expect
> less? Number one detector need taken care of!
> Everyone that has tested it has already reported i
> t is fast in recovery...Number two detector need t
> aken care of!
> It is lighter than any FBS or BBS Cinder Block rel
> eased before it......Number three check!
> The only thing left is bells and whistles. And it
> sounds like it has plenty of those. I'll give up t
> he GPS and a few bin tones for a lighter weight.
> So just wait for the release. Me? If my reservatio
> n comes in before Nokta releases their version I'l
> l try the Nox. But I guarantee the Nokta will come
> with hype too!

Nobody has found anything with one that they wouldn't have found with an ACE 250 ...reality check. smiling smiley
December 19, 2017 10:09PM
You are not going to take an Ace 250 onto a salt water beach and compete with a waterproof Minelab multi frequency detector. This detector was made for beach hunters more than anyone else. We have been asking for it since the first Sovereign. They gave us the CTX first. We said lighter and half the price. They more than listened.
December 19, 2017 10:16PM
goodmore Wrote:
> You are not going to take an Ace 250 onto a salt w
> ater beach and compete with a waterproof Minelab m
> ulti frequency detector.

The people making the promo videos aren't going to take the NOX and do that either. smiling smiley
December 19, 2017 10:42PM
goodmore Wrote:
This detector was made fo
> r beach hunters more than anyone else. We have bee
> n asking for it since the first Sovereign. They ga
> ve us the CTX first. We said lighter and half the
> price. They more than listened.

I thought they debuted it by dropping it from the sky and landing it in the arms of a detectorist to use in the middle of a plowed field. I'm not doubting you, but maybe someone should give them directions to the beach. smiling smiley
December 19, 2017 10:55PM
Dirtmover Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> This detector was made fo
> > r beach hunters more than anyone else. We have b
> ee
> > n asking for it since the first Sovereign. They
> ga
> > ve us the CTX first. We said lighter and half th
> e
> > price. They more than listened.
>
>
> I thought they debuted it by dropping it from the
> sky and landing it in the arms of a detectorist to
> use in the middle of a plowed field. I'm not doubt
> ing you, but maybe someone should give them direct
> ions to the beach. smiling smiley

Good come backsmiling smiley The reviews will be the deciding factor for me. No leap of faith like jumping out of a airplane.
December 20, 2017 01:43AM
Dirt hunters will use the Equinox and make terrific finds. They always do. But you also have a large variety of detectors that can do the same thing. From the F75 to the Deus to the new AT Max. None of those machines are worth even walking onto a salt water beach with. Those that hunt the water and wet sand know the value of stability. They also know the value of a lighter weight detector. We've been dragging around Excals and CZ20's for decades. Now I may have stated things a little wrongly on the post above and for that I guess I'll eat my crow. But let's get one thing very clear. The Salt water hunters have been waiting for decades. We can wait a few months more if need be. And we won't cry about conspiracies or third party web pages posting incorrect information. In the end all I want to do is have a nice hunt on a beach with a great detector.
December 20, 2017 01:51AM
goodmore Wrote:
> Dirt hunters will use the Equinox and make terrifi
> c finds. They always do. But you also have a large
> variety of detectors that can do the same thing. F
> rom the F75 to the Deus to the new AT Max. None of
> those machines are worth even walking onto a salt
> water beach with. Those that hunt the water and we
> t sand know the value of stability. They also know
> the value of a lighter weight detector. We've been
> dragging around Excals and CZ20's for decades. Now
> I may have stated things a little wrongly on the p
> ost above and for that I guess I'll eat my crow. B
> ut let's get one thing very clear. The Salt water
> hunters have been waiting for decades. We can wait
> a few months more if need be. And we won't cry abo
> ut conspiracies or third party web pages posting i
> ncorrect information. In the end all I want to do
> is have a nice hunt on a beach with a great detect
> or.

So,
You want to say goodbye to the cinder blocks.
Don't blame you one bit.
December 20, 2017 02:07AM
Though I mainly hunt land I am close to many large beaches, I'm confident the reviews to come will be favorable.
The Nox will be likely a purchase but after reviews. only.

I'm sure it will get the job done and Kudo's for all involved... but reviews will weigh heavily on decision to purchase.
December 20, 2017 04:22AM
Sod-buster Wrote:

> So,
> You want to say goodbye to the cinder blocks.
> Don't blame you one bit.

I will still keep a cinder block or two in my arsenal. Ya never know when you are going to need one.
December 20, 2017 05:03AM
therover61 Wrote:
> Sod-buster Wrote:
>
> > So,
> > You want to say goodbye to the cinder blocks.
> > Don't blame you one bit.
>
> I will still keep a cinder block or two in my arse
> nal. Ya never know when you are going to need one.

For sure I put a couple of Sov's in the back of my Mustang car trunk for extra snow traction up North here..grinning smiley
December 20, 2017 01:50PM
guvmore Wrote:

> For sure I put a couple of Sov's in the back of my
> Mustang car trunk for extra snow traction up North
> here..grinning smiley

Now what the heck are you doing driving a Mustang in the snow ? We all know a Corvette gets much better traction.
December 20, 2017 03:16PM
(This post is NOT directed at ANYONE specific person. I am not being personal here.)

I don't see where I am creating any "wild conspiracy theories" My article, is a serious piece. Everything up until, the last paragraph and the conclusion, is factual. As for posting this on multiple forums, that is my right to do so.

The last paragraph asks questions and makes a few suppositions.

The now tattered and frayed relationships that inhabit the forums are the direct fault of Minelab not releasing any information, or so says the consensus.

I read many different forums and people all across them are fighting over this machine. I am seeing many relationships fall apart and true colors shining through.

Why all the secrecy? Are there glaring issues? Is this a stunt to force the hand of the competition?

Again these are valid questions. Nothing here to suggest something sinister.

This large "silent gap" is not only causing strife, but is hurting Minelabs reputation.

Another true statement based on the frustration I am reading across the forums. Some are even just plain angry with them.

It's a lose/lose all the way around. This gap as well as a possible missed release date(they still have a few weeks left) gives the competition like Nokta/Makro, Fisher, Whites, XP and whomever else the chance to catch-up and possibly surpass with an early release of their own cancelling Equinox pre-orders. After all, would you rather wait 200 deep or get something much sooner?

IF I was their competitor, NOW would be the perfect time to post about a 'hot new machine" to draw pre-orders away from Minelab. If you give the competition a chance like this, you bet in some way, their are trying to capitalize on it. A release date of "early December" was mentioned many times by credible sources at Detectival.

So where is the "wild conspiracy" that my post is fostering? I like Minelab. I am on the list for an Equinox. If my line of questioning or lack of patience frightens or disturbs you then there is a good reason. Why are people SO upset about "impatient people" when they don't mind "patient people". Who cares if someone rants about themselves not getting what they want. Just let them vent and move on.

BTW, I'm not mad at anyone, just concerned about people here not taking the "adult(?)" approach and simply having a civil debate. This post was automatically written off because I used the word, "conspiracy". If you have negative feelings toward that word, so much so, that you feel you must criticize the OP's intelligence even calling him insane, then YOU are the one that needs help. YOU are the one that is immature and impatient because you refused to act in a civil manner toward your fellow man or even find out in which context the term was being used.

Ignore this post(or all my posts), that is fine with me, but if I make just one person stop and think, or even ask questions, then my job is done. I know people here are from all over the world, but free speech applies to everyone and is not at all about what you say, it's about what you think. If we stifle one's speech because we don't like it, we stifle his right to think as a free man.

Anyway, I hope things will begin to settle down now.
December 20, 2017 04:15PM
There is a large difference between a company that releases an inferior product or a flawed product where actual customers spent their money on a product and what Minelab is doing. In fact they are making sure that what is released is right. Whites had problems with the sport and even a well known person in the hobby gave it praise in a magazine. Now that was not right. Xp promised an update and was long overdue on it with the Deus. People that owned the Deus were waiting for a better release for a long time. Talking to many owners they don't think XP ever delivered. But criticising a company for not releasing their new product just isn't the customers right in my eye. It's bullying and whining. Just the way I feel.
December 20, 2017 04:51PM
I can understand what you are saying Goodmore. But consumers do have rights.
December 20, 2017 05:11PM
'In the meantime, I had a perfectly lovely day out with my DEUS this afternoon.
Didn't find much but at least I was out. Few buttons, lead junk, heard a lot of iron and got cracking signals on 2 pieces of coke, TID 29, heard more of it with that 'whizz-r-whizz' buzz it makes!
And, I'd hazard a guess and say, even if I did have an Equinox in my hand I still wouldn't have found much...
If it's not there no machine is gonna find it!"
December 20, 2017 05:18PM
therover61 Wrote:
> guvmore Wrote:
>
> > For sure I put a couple of Sov's in the back of
> my
> > Mustang car trunk for extra snow traction up Nor
> th
> > here..grinning smiley
>
>
> Now what the heck are you doing driving a Mustang
> in the snow ? We all know a Corvette gets much bet
> ter traction.

You have a pointgrinning smiley
December 20, 2017 05:25PM
goodmore Wrote:
> There is a large difference between a company that
> releases an inferior product or a flawed product w
> here actual customers spent their money on a produ
> ct and what Minelab is doing. In fact they are mak
> ing sure that what is released is right. Whites ha
> d problems with the sport and even a well known pe
> rson in the hobby gave it praise in a magazine. No
> w that was not right. Xp promised an update and wa
> s long overdue on it with the Deus. People that ow
> ned the Deus were waiting for a better release for
> a long time. Talking to many owners they don't thi
> nk XP ever delivered. But criticising a company fo
> r not releasing their new product just isn't the c
> ustomers right in my eye. It's bullying and whinin
> g. Just the way I feel.

Goodmore many of the Nox threads were gentle pokes in the rib....why others get crazy mad upset is rather another problem not ours.