Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

the end of the auto mechanic looms

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: the end of the auto mechanic looms
December 22, 2017 01:49PM
diggers
what will happen to jay lenos car
> collection ? how long before classic car prices pl
> ummet if ever??

>
> As long as gasoline is available, there will be a
> healthy classic car market.

but wont there be a panic as owners of high priced classics wont want to left holding the baby and see their prices collapse like ice cubes in the noon day sun

there will be a tipping point when electric gets a big hold on the market and gas stations see falling sales

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2017 01:50PM by diggers.
December 22, 2017 02:00PM
diggers
there will be a tipping point when electric gets a big hold on the market and gas stations see falling sales

That will only happen when Big-oil gains sufficient ownership in the new electric recharging marketplace. Watch the purchase of battery and electrification companies by the likes of BP and Exxon in the news within the next decade.

A big new national electrification grid will necessitate government regulation and that won’t happen until oil lobbyists support it. So much for draining the swamp...

#MAGA. eye rolling smiley
December 22, 2017 02:17PM
No matter how hard the lefties try to TRUMP Big oil they get their heads handed to them.
December 22, 2017 03:03PM
Automotive battery technology development is well underway with solid electrolyte programs at Toyota soon to reach production and BMW also busy in the area. The oil companies have no serious chops in this area. All the serious work is being done in Europe and the Far East.

Here’s an article on Toyota’s

[www.extremetech.com]

As far as recharging networks, as the solid electrolyte battery’s appear, charging times drop dramatically and fewer stations are needed.

A good overview on the subject is available at Wikipedia

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 22, 2017 08:59PM
Doc, did your ‘ole great-grandpa praise Teddy Rosevelt for standing up to the fledging auto companies in behalf of the carriage makers?
December 22, 2017 09:10PM
lytle78
All the serious work is being done in Europe and the Far East.

Correct.

For what is one of the dirtiest countries in the modern world, China is heavily investing in solar, rechargeable batteries and vehicle electrification. And, of course, their communist government is funding the investment (with US debt) to be the world leader. European companies will have the cutting-edge technology but China will be the volume leader.

Where do you think the world will be in twenty years while we drill for oil off Myrtle Beach and in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge? eye rolling smiley
December 22, 2017 09:33PM
So looks like may be a car insider here,,,,any 101 class how to purchase a cash sale with sticker price say approx 60-70 k ? thanks for any general stuff hate paying sticker price..

Cheers
oj/bc4me
December 22, 2017 10:11PM
go-rebels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doc, did your ‘ole great-grandpa praise Teddy Rose
> velt for standing up to the fledging auto companie
> s in behalf of the carriage makers?

He probably didn't care for Teddy's Big Guv stance.

What gives me a chuckle about those who rail against Big Oil is they continue to line Big Oil's and my pockets with their SUV's,airplanes,etc. Exxon stock has provided me with a comfortable retirement so I am hoping they play a big part in these newfangled lectric autos.
December 23, 2017 02:01AM
Guvner, I read your posts and it’s like I’ve had one too many drinks, but then I think it’s like deja-vu from Findmall.

You really need to get a little education.
December 23, 2017 02:09AM
doc holiday
What gives me a chuckle about those who rail against Big Oil is they continue to line Big Oil's and my pockets with their SUV's,airplanes,etc.

Yeah... I know what you mean. Should I buy a new Citation Mustang or an Embraer Phenom 100?

Doc, just remember for every ten cents you make I earn $1. And your kids will pay for that $1.

Thanks.
December 23, 2017 02:35AM
This post should be retitled "The end of common sense" and beginning of nonsense posts...I have more in the bank then you would ever be able to spend Goodmore aka Go-Rebels.
December 23, 2017 02:41AM
Really, is that what we have come to?

I have more money than you therefore I win?

Please - adult intervention urgently required.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 23, 2017 02:45AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really, is that what we have come to?
>
> I have more money than you therefore I win?
>
> Please - adult intervention urgently required.

Exactly, why is everyone dick wagging ? I'm smarter I'm richer just dick wag posts .
December 23, 2017 10:36AM
Man ole man. Get out and get some sun on the face guys....I think we're lacking vitamin D.
Either that or the grump is setting in early.
December 23, 2017 01:53PM
qualcom wireless charging is a game changer and when new owners see the rapid acceleration of electric ..and lesser fuel bills the flood gates will open ..IMO ..