Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Enjoy the Stainless, Tungsten, & Titanium Rings you find

Posted by Tom Slick 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Enjoy the Stainless, Tungsten, & Titanium Rings you find
December 23, 2017 03:53AM
Watching Shark Tank this evening. Two guys got one of the sharks to invest $500,000.00 in their silicon (rubber) ring business under the premise that 150,000 folks a year lose or damage their fingers due to their rings getting caught or smashed on something. Bad enough we have to find these crudolium rings but now they will be selling silicon rings that our detectors won't hit on. They even had some as wedding bands that had flecks of microscopic gold in them. What's the world coming to?
Re: Enjoy the Stainless, Tungsten, & Titanium Rings you find
December 23, 2017 04:08AM
Evil. This satanic attack on the tradition of making jewelers and detectorists richer by sharing the joy of the bonds of holy wedlock must be suppressed!

Oh well, I think I’ll have another eggnog.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2017 05:19AM by lytle78.
December 23, 2017 04:46AM
I hate to say it but I bought one due to the job I work in which industrial maintenance. The company I work for banned wearing metal wedding bands due to a guy getting his finger taken off in a piece of machinery due to his wedding band. It was either a rubber wedding band or a tattoo wedding band.
December 23, 2017 06:10AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate to say it but I bought one due to the job I
> work in which industrial maintenance. The company
> I work for banned wearing metal wedding bands due
> to a guy getting his finger taken off in a piece o
> f machinery due to his wedding band. It was either
> a rubber wedding band or a tattoo wedding band.

My band comes off when I work with electricity, do mechanical work, etc. I don't want to get electrocuted or lose a finger like the fellow at 88junior's work or a friend. My friend was tossing a football with the guys at his house, ball went on the roof and rolled back to stop in the rain gutter. Being a collegiate baseball player he jumped to pluck the ball out of the gutter. Wedding ring caught on the gutter and when he came down, his ring, ring finger and tendons stayed up in the gutter. Lost his finger permanently.

Not sure if this 'trend' of jewelry being made out of non-precious metal and worthless materials will continue and become more wide spread. It has started putting a dent in the finds of beach hunters already. I've been finding junk rings for ages. They were out there even back in the old ghost towns. Not everybody could afford a GOLD ring. But if those that CAN afford a gold ring decide to go with something else, like Titanium or whatever, that's a major shift.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
December 23, 2017 10:28AM
I haven't worn a wedding band or any ring for 32 years for the same reasons....it catches on things..... the finger gives before the gold. In my line of work it is unsafe and I'd like to keep all my digits. It would also through off my counting.
December 23, 2017 10:39AM
ozzie Wrote:
> I haven't worn a wedding band or any ring for 32 y
> ears for the same reasons....it catches on things.
> .... the finger gives before the gold. In my line
> of work it is unsafe and I'd like to keep all my d
> igits. It would also through off my counting.

LoL

not because you're careful and don't wear a ring due to the possibility of losing a finger but the counting thing is hilarious grinning smiley
December 23, 2017 12:20PM
Oh man...... then they will be adding diamonds like they do on Tung and SS now. More FLOATERS near shore to be eyeball finds.
December 23, 2017 02:59PM
One of my good friends bought a silicone wedding band because of his job back in 2011. I wonder how they would pay $500,000 for a new idea that's 6 years old?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
December 23, 2017 07:04PM
As a motor bike enthusiast have known a few bikers who got hurt changing a battery.. lot of amperage on 12 volt batteries.

On a side note noticed all the fluff coins the mints produce....they have no class like the early designs, not saying bad or good but I hardly buy the new designs. May buy for bullion only.
I'm sure there are many well designed also.

Most things sell if marketed right how long is another story.

oj/bc4me
December 23, 2017 10:35PM
I haven'y worn my wedding band since the day of marriage for safety reasons. Work around too much equipment it could snag on and take my finger off. And it also does not sit uselessly in a jewelry box which I don't even own.
The ring does see much usage but, not on my finger. I use it as a target to test out metal detectors with..........................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 23, 2017 11:08PM
A lot of people at work have the tattoos, non precious metal rings, and silicone rings.

Not only for safety reasons but to this generation, marriage isn't as sacred as it once was. The rings were a symbol of a special bond. I outgrew my 14k band. I now have a .925 silver band that I wear when I'm not at work. Hard to wear one at a factory...it attracts the home wreckers.
December 24, 2017 01:06AM
So it appears that its the men who get the junk rings. Are women getting these as well? I don't think so. IMHO I have gotten and seen so many of the worthless rings this year it makes my head spin. I have gotten at least half a dozen. Just keep on swinging.
December 24, 2017 01:16AM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> So it appears that its the men who get the junk ri
> ngs. Are women getting these as well? I don't thin
> k so. IMHO I have gotten and seen so many of the
> worthless rings this year it makes my head spin. I
> have gotten at least half a dozen. Just keep on sw
> inging.

Found a ring last month on a soccer field, first glance a gold ring....just pewter gold plate....due for real sooner or later.

oj/b4me