Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Out walking today ...Dug a Nice Complete Spur!! (Video)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Out walking today ...Dug a Nice Complete Spur!! (Video)
January 21, 2014 01:37AM
Was working my way towards a house site I know about and along the way I find a Road bed and manage to find a Spur ...Best part was it was lying under a barb wire fence that had fell into the ground...

when I got to the house site it was grown up pretty bad so nothing really found there ...

But I did Find a Cavalry Piece...So im Happy!!

Might take the ATX back over there sometime and see if theres some deep stuff in the road itself..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 02:24AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Out walking today ...Dug a Nice Complete Spur!!
January 21, 2014 02:10AM
Congrats on the spur Keith!

Thanks for the video

Aaron
Re: Out walking today ...Dug a Nice Complete Spur!! (Video)
January 21, 2014 03:10AM
Nice truck Keith!! I got a 79. Oh yeah,killer spur too,lol. I enjoy watching your videos!
January 21, 2014 03:43AM
Thanks Aaron...

Hey Ray...Man I like the 79's....Straight axle!!!

Mine's a 91 22-RE...Gets about 23 Miles to the gallon just running around.....And thats unheard of in a 4x4 truck... 23 years later and they still cant get that Gas mileage in a modern one...Last year of the real toyota's...Luckily mine was built in Japan...Some that year was built in the new U.S factory and have been ever since....Their not the same any more..

Well that's enough of that LOL!!

Yes I love the Spurs...Hard to find them whole they usually break..I have found 7 whole ones in my life...and dozens of broken one's...The reason they bend them like that is they throw them down when they loose the rowl and they decomission them from being used again or at least try..Or at least that's what an old timer told me years ago...I always figured it's like today when you crush a can before tossing it...just something to do...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 02:48PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Out walking today ...Dug a Nice Complete Spur!!
January 21, 2014 03:03PM
Your welcome Aaron..

sorry not a lot to show ..you know what's funny ..i video constantly but only upload certain stuff..

i have hours of recordings..

I want to hook my detector audio up to the go pro and that's my main aim..i want to capture the full hunt from initial signal to retrieval..

I'm working on it..slowly..

Not enough time in my day to get everything done.and hunt Too..

keith
January 21, 2014 04:16PM
great find Keith, that's something you never seen found up hear in the northeast or at least I've never seen
January 21, 2014 04:29PM
Nice find makes me want to hunt again we have had no rain in the gold country the ground this time of year you can dig with your hand but it is rock hard again.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 21, 2014 07:14PM
Keith too bad I didn't hook up with you and go hunting when I lived around the corner. At the time didn't realize how deep you were involved in CW relic hunting. I might have found something more than a few musketballs.
Excellent find.................................by the way.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 21, 2014 09:59PM
Nice find Keith. One good thing about the winter around here, the brush dies off for the most part...except for those darn sticker bushes.

Do you carry a hand held gps,.. or a compass? I have gotten turned around in the woods before without either....a slight panic tries to set in, especially on the way back. Some woods have no special features, all the trees look the same and the terrain is flat.
Ya end up thinking to yourself -- "I don't remember that", "was that there on the way in", "dam, it's gonna get dark soon", "where the hell is that main trail", "crap, left my phone in the truck" .... ha ha,.....I laugh now.
January 21, 2014 10:32PM
LOL Ozzie, and if you ever see a house made out of candy in the woods, turn around and run away.
January 21, 2014 11:51PM
Ha, Hungarian,... if it was made of chocolate, I might have to bite and run.
January 22, 2014 01:18AM
Sweet find. Great video. Thanks

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
Spur Pic!
January 22, 2014 03:44AM
January 22, 2014 08:39AM
Excellent piece of history there Keith :-)

Wish we could find stuff like that around here -- closest I could ever hope for in MI here is some 1850s/60s farmers spur!

Congrats and HH

Wayne

P.S.
Nice truck BTW!
January 22, 2014 12:52PM
Keith, what metal is that made with? brass?
January 22, 2014 03:56PM
Awesome.......... I yet to find even a piece of an old spur. If that spur can talk what a story it would tell.............
Corey
January 23, 2014 05:01AM
Hey Ozzie Spurs are usually brass as this one is...there is the occasional iorn one also...but not too often...

Michigan there should be some yankee spurs up your way in spots.Old house sites ought to hold some...lots of troopers out of Michigan...

there was a lot of Michigan cavalry in my area...

Thank's

Keith