Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got my super six coil for VGG.... WOW!!!

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Got my super six coil for VGG.... WOW!!!
January 31, 2018 09:32PM
I got the super six coil for the VGG yesterday and gave it a run in my test garden, I was very surprised to see it hit my measured 12” quarter from every angle with solid modulated 2 way hits as well as my 8” and 10” nickel loud n clear. This machine is unbelievably deep,fast and has tones that just speak like magic, I can’t wait to see Keith’s review on this coil on this machine, I don’t know how DeepTech did it but this super six coil can punch deep. I like this machine so much that I’m gonna have to get another one for backup because nothing else as far as I know can do what it does the way it does it. Thanks

John
Re: Got my super six coil for VGG.... WOW!!!
January 31, 2018 11:08PM
I had even deeper results with the super six on my standard Vista Gold just the other day.

I got good repeatable signals on my 12" silver dime and 15" silver quarter. I was totally amazed.

Next chance I get, I need to go back and try the 11" elliptical coil again because last I checked, I don't think that coil picked up either of those coins.

January 31, 2018 11:35PM
What kind of soil do you guys have?

One of the challenges I've had over the years was reading people post they got "such and such" detector and how deep it would go, only to find out that in our mostly highly mineralized soils of California and some areas of Nevada that the machines struggled to get anything near the depths that were touted.

To give you an example, most of our soil out here is 4-bars out of 5 in mineralization, and I typically GB around in the 80's on machines like the F75, T2, Racers, Impact, etc.

I was at a very odd alkali site last year, very strange site as far as soil conditions go. On one side of the site my VLF detectors would GB in the low 20's, go to the other side of the site and they would GB in the high 70's to mid 80's. It didn't have much of an impact on my hunting buddy's Explorer2, but my VLF machines were noticeably handicapped.
February 01, 2018 12:22AM
I have 0 bar to 1 bar dirt. My ground is frozen right now otherwise I’d try burying deeper coins, I had the 25khz VG and really liked it also but I feel this new 30khz VGG is definitely a notch above tonal wise and with the added gain control punches deeper than the original VG in my dirt. I need to make a deeper test garden for this machine. Check out Keith’s videos, he has highly mineralized dirt and the VGG still punches down deep I don’t know of any other machine that can hit a 13” dime and not call it iron. DeepTech is definitely onto something with this machine.

John
February 01, 2018 12:41AM
A question here.

Are any of the coils cross compatible with any of the deep tech units? That run on different freqs.
February 02, 2018 12:17AM
Sod-buster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A question here.
>
> Are any of the coils cross compatible with any of
> the deep tech units? That run on different freqs.

No they are not
February 02, 2018 11:05PM
Sand dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got the super six coil for the VGG yesterday and
> gave it a run in my test garden, I was very surpri
> sed to see it hit my measured 12” quarter from eve
> ry angle with solid modulated 2 way hits as well a
> s my 8” and 10” nickel loud n clear. This machine
> is unbelievably deep,fast and has tones that just
> speak like magic, I can’t wait to see Keith’s revi
> ew on this coil on this machine, I don’t know how
> DeepTech did it but this super six coil can punch
> deep. I like this machine so much that I’m gonna h
> ave to get another one for backup because nothing
> else as far as I know can do what it does the way
> it does it. Thanks
>
> John

I'm looking more and more to this interesting machine. I wonder how the super six coil will compare to the Dues HF elliptical with 28Khz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2018 11:08PM by wilci.