Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Did the Kruzer just obselete several of Makro's own lineup?

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Did the Kruzer just obselete several of Makro's own lineup?
February 01, 2018 12:45AM
It would seem that the Kruzer would kill the sales of the Racer, Racer 2 and the Nokta Impact. For the money, why would anyone buy the others with the features the Kruzer offers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 12:50AM by Dan(NM).
Re: Did the Kruzer just obselete several of Makro's own lineup?
February 01, 2018 12:47AM
Yes.
February 01, 2018 12:50AM
basstrackerman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes.

A planned event to thin the lineup?
February 01, 2018 01:05AM
Sure did....But the used market has gone to crap so it doesn't pay to unload the heavy Impact. As I stated in the other post it sure would be nice to use the coils from the Impact with an extension cable on the Kruzer. It would help ease the pain of being obsolete.
February 01, 2018 05:28AM
Maybe as far as the Racer models but I don't think the Kruzer will replace the Impact The Impact offers more modes ( I especially like the DI99) as well as a few other model specific features. Granted they both have much in common but enough different that one could benefit from owning both. I think now is the time to buy a used Impact as they are a real deal at some of the prices I have seen listed.
February 01, 2018 05:35AM
The mixed mode seems is lacking on Kruzer multi.
If I read correctly, di99 too.

I really wished Minelab wouldn't have used this word "obsolete".

I mean a Racer 2 can still find coins and relics.
A Minelab Explorer 2 can still find coins and relics.
The Impact can still find coins and relics.

We don't off our autos every year do we??
Or our TVs.
Or our homes.

Let me find a gold coin with one of my obsolete detectors. I guess it won't be worth as much or be as worthy of a find. Yeah right.
Some times when I see this word obsolete used when talking about metal detectors, I think of the fable the tortoise and the hare.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 06:09AM by Sod-buster.
February 01, 2018 10:47AM
Nokta/Marko stopped just short of offering everything on the Impact. But the lighter weight and waterproof features offset any tone mode in my book. The coil issue is becoming like Whites and FT. Just a complicated mess on what coil fits where. If they are going to turn out detectors once or twice a year they need compatibility. The term multi frequency has been discussed as well. And as already stated we all know what is coming from them. A real multi frequency machine. Any single frequency machine is just rewrap. But then again we see it all the time from other manufacturers.
February 01, 2018 12:42PM
Agree...the weight and waterproof factors in for alot of people. Have 3 frequencies to choose from is still great. And I believe with it's options just won me over .. I know makro has top notch customer service.. I like the battery mod under armrest that uses the Garrett battery pack as I have 2 of the RnB batteries.. ads another 10 plus hours which is amazing.. looks very rugged and I really like the sealed control unit.. taller armrest and wireless headphones. Price is great too.. competition is really good too! Makes all of us winners.
February 01, 2018 01:43PM
I would say no. The Impact. Kruzer, and Racer(s) are different animals in the way they behave. Is the Kruzer up-dateable via the web? I wonder if those two new features on the Kruzer can be added to the Impact?
February 01, 2018 02:33PM
I don't know. I've ordered the Multi-Kruzer but The Impact has way more adjustability and features than the Kruzer, like 6 additional modes, headlight, etc. so in other words, the Impact has everything the Kruzer has and more, less the water proofing. Even though I have the Impact, I still have my Racer 2 because there's times I just prefer it to the Impact. I guess I'll find out shortly if I want to keep all three or not.
February 01, 2018 03:02PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> I would say no. The Impact. Kruzer, and Racer(s) a
> re different animals in the way they behave. Is th
> e Kruzer up-dateable via the web? I wonder if thos
> e two new features on the Kruzer can be added to t
> he Impact?

See this thread post #1.
Advertising the update capability.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
February 01, 2018 04:00PM
Sod-buster Wrote:
> Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would say no. The Impact. Kruzer, and Racer(s)
> a
> > re different animals in the way they behave. Is
> th
> > e Kruzer up-dateable via the web? I wonder if th
> os
> > e two new features on the Kruzer can be added to
> t
> > he Impact?
>
>
> See this thread post #1.
> Advertising the update capability.
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,138743

Thanks don't know how i missed that lol
February 01, 2018 04:18PM
Certainly doesn't obsolete but I fully expect a mark/price adjustment again. Something like Racer $399, GR $549, R2 $599, K $649, GK $749, MK $749. Pure speculation but Makro sales have already been stagnant for a while with current pricing well before Kruzer announcement.

One thing Makro/Nokta do have most other companies don't is government subsidies. I believe this keeps them innovating and moving forward regardless of market trends.
February 01, 2018 05:32PM
Nothing was really made obsolete, they will still work fine and bring home the goods.

The Racers have a large coil selection from Makro as well as aftermarket coil manufacturers, and have plenty of life left IMO.

The Impact is a different animal the MK, it has twice the amount of search modes and some of them have become well leveraged by it's user base.

I look at the Multi Kruzer more as a waterproof Impact lite, or the little brother to the Impact. I think it has more in common with the Impact vs a Racer 2 with 3-frequencies.
February 01, 2018 06:04PM
MARK MY WORDS: There WILL be an IMPACT 2(IMO) smiling smiley
February 01, 2018 06:18PM
If I were a betting man, I'd bet their next big detector will be a simultaneous multi-frequency machine thumbs down

David and Goliath anyone?
February 01, 2018 06:37PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> If I were a betting man, I'd bet their next big de
> tector will be a simultaneous multi-frequency mach
> ine thumbs down
>
> David and Goliath anyone?

Yep and maybe even a PI
February 01, 2018 06:38PM
I don't think the Kruzer series will obsolete the Racer 2 ( looks like the original Racer is discontinued, not listed on Makro's website any longer) The Racer 2 has a very nice coil selection ( mfg and aftermarket) still offers great performance, just lacks the Kruzer waterproofing. However, I do think what will make the Racer 2 obsolete/extinct is the pricing. The R2 seems to be the odd one out when it comes to pricing as compared to the Kruzer and several other Nokta machines. The MAP price of an R2 standard pack is $749 and $949 for the pro pack. When looked at that way, the multi Kruzer, Relic 2 coil package, and the Impact become the better bang for the buck.
February 01, 2018 07:28PM
Its called marketing..........the unit you just bought was last weeks detector of the month...that's why the used unit prices are down the toilet....
February 01, 2018 08:07PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
> Its called marketing..........the unit you just bo
> ught was last weeks detector of the month...that's
> why the used unit prices are down the toilet....

It's a buyers market, just bought 2 nice analog machines for about $150 a piece....
February 01, 2018 09:16PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> If I were a betting man, I'd bet their next big de
> tector will be a simultaneous multi-frequency mach
> ine thumbs down
>
> David and Goliath anyone?

Pfffft with the Equinox.

THIS is the one I'm waiting for!
February 01, 2018 09:27PM
It looks like Makro have succeeded in doing what they intended by blowing the Garrett AT Series out of the water -

As for making their other units 'obsolete', what a laugh - I am still enjoying the CF77 just like so many are enjoying virtually ALL of Makro's lineup -

I certainly would rather have a continuous supply of new Tech as opposed to old tech rebadged & re-boxed -

These will certainly make a dent in the AT sales for sure

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 02, 2018 01:45PM
The modes I use on the Impact are not found on the Multi Kruzer. For me it would be like a waterproof buddy I could use in the water. My Racer 2 is now expendable by adding the Impact.
February 02, 2018 02:51PM
I feel bad for alot of manufacturers. Minelab gave a crushing blow to their bottom line with the equinox. There are quite a few manufacturers whose sales will be stagnant until they bring something out comparable to the equinox at the same price point.
February 02, 2018 03:08PM
Don't think so....used over 100 units over the years an the Racer 11 was the best all around unit I ever used..every one knows am a CZ nut for depth, But the weight large meter display, user friendly features won me over....your call fellows...