Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F-19

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F-19
May 06, 2014 04:28PM
The F-19 does have dual processors----right???
Re: F-19
May 06, 2014 05:52PM
I'm not sure why you've started a new thread, but...What real difference would it make? The number of processors has no real bearing on the performance, it's just a cost / convenience / ease of writing software / engineering-reasons decision. Two 1-dollar chips, or one 1.70 chip? One dedicated to driving the LCD display, reading the keypad buttons, monitoring the battery voltage? One doing discrimination processing? Two slow ones vs. one faster one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2014 05:54PM by Pimento.
May 06, 2014 07:40PM
Ok, please forgive my ignorance---I guess I probably should have added this question to the other long thread.-----Question still stands---does the F-19 have dual processors (like the neat G2/GB Pro)?---Anybody know?----Perhaps this is info that isn't out yet.
May 06, 2014 08:55PM
Interesting question ... Hope the administration will continue to allow more than one post about any particular machine otherwise going to be some awful log threads developing lol . I for one am ready for a new earth shattering old coins machine .
May 06, 2014 09:32PM
I think admin will allow it, there's 3 or 4 threads on it already. These are the main two, on the F19 and F19-LTD:
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

I think it's likely to be close in internal design to the G2, and will keep with the two micro arrangement, though it's certainly possible one or both of them have been 'upgraded' to faster / more powerful /etc types.
May 07, 2014 01:43PM
To me, the F19 looks like a 19Khz Eurotek Pro. More of a lateral move then anything "new". Just a rehash of technology they already have. Calling it the "Best Relic Machine Ever" is a little bit of a strech to me.....
May 07, 2014 01:59PM
My G2 is the best relic machine I've ever used. Hands down.
May 07, 2014 03:21PM
Yeah what is the idea of this machine coming out not a lot of effort when they put it out doesn't seem like anything so different that I have to have it...I would think they would put all of their eggs in one basket and hit us with a new machine that we all would want to have

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 07, 2014 03:40PM
Hi Doug,

A new thread on the F-19 is ok, Sometimes other related threads get too cluttered with a zillion pages it's refreshing to see a new one started.

I feel the F-19 will be a good detector, For both nugget hunting and relic. Actually, May be the grab & go detector for many.

Paul (Ca)
May 07, 2014 06:03PM
Now if they made a Deus competitor without the wireless, then I'd be interested..very interested

A multi frequency (selecatable) machine (like he deus) that you can choose the frequency based on conditions and what your're after and I'd be all over it. And you can keep the wireless out of the equation, just drives up the cost and not needed.

7 Khz, 12 Khz, 19Khz etc.
May 07, 2014 07:09PM
What no 4? Or is that etc. just out of order?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 08, 2014 12:23AM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure why you've started a new thread,
> but...What real difference would it make? The
> number of processors has no real bearing on the
> performance, it's just a cost / convenience / ease
> of writing software / engineering-reasons
> decision. Two 1-dollar chips, or one 1.70 chip?
> One dedicated to driving the LCD display, reading
> the keypad buttons, monitoring the battery
> voltage? One doing discrimination processing? Two
> slow ones vs. one faster one?

reminds me of a person who likes to use that phrase
to describe a traumatic event.."what difference does it make?"
unbelievable!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 08, 2014 12:47AM
It was meant in the most straightforwards way possible. If D&P was basing a decision to buy the new machine or not on whether it had two processors or not, he would be making a mistake. The number of processors is truly irrelevant to the performance of the unit.
May 08, 2014 11:29AM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was meant in the most straightforwards way
> possible. If D&P was basing a decision to buy the
> new machine or not on whether it had two
> processors or not, he would be making a mistake.
> The number of processors is truly irrelevant to
> the performance of the unit.

D&P-OR was MERELY ASKING if the F-19 had two processors, not making a buying decision on ANYTHING (at this point)!------Are you always this rude?-------Sorry I set all this off guys, I thought it was a harmless enough post to make.
May 08, 2014 12:07PM
I'm sure a search of my posts will show few signs of rudeness.

I wish Fisherlabs would put the user manual online. The trickle of information just raises more questions than it answers. But that's modern marketing for you...
May 08, 2014 12:56PM
Ya know old threads get cluttered up and often do not get revisited when the question/inqury gets answered. I maye very well not read any of the previous F19 post because the ar mostly in the repetion mode now with little new input.

Stating new threads with fesh questions/coments is fine with me.
May 08, 2014 02:30PM
Del,
The GoldBug/G2 has dual processors because they couldn't fit the ground cancelling algorithms in with all the other stuff they had on the original processor. So they added another one and moved the ground programs to its own processor. Thats how it wound up with dual processors.

I haven't been involved with the F19, but I would hazard a guess that they kept this arrangement in place.

During the ETPro development there were discussions around the Goldbug/G2 platform. I won't know until its released if any of those discussions bore fruit.

I will say that I personally like the availability of various feature set groupings on a common platform. Metal detectors are tools. The best tool is the one that fits both the hand and the task.

HH
Mike
May 08, 2014 06:24PM
See we learned somthing
thanks Mike