Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Old timers. The talking turtle

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Old timers. The talking turtle
March 27, 2011 01:19PM
Who remembers when they was trying to develope it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 01:47PM by sonny(IN).
Re: Old timers. The talking turtle
March 28, 2011 05:37AM
You have me stumped.
March 28, 2011 06:25AM
HUH????---I'm just a young un, I can't remember back that far!!!---How did it work out for 'em (this talking turtle developing business)??
March 28, 2011 10:26AM
They were trying to develope in years ago and even had a big write up in one of the magazines. Never did hit the market...really cant remeber who or when exactly was working on it. anyway that was years ago and never did happen. I had my first Fisher when they were located in Palo Alto, Ca. That was a while back!
March 28, 2011 02:08PM
Sonny---You're SO OLD!!---Kids like us wouldn't know (remember) nuthin like that!! laff (I'm kiddin ya)-------I'm 72 & I guess that one got by me, don't remember anything about it.--------Del
March 28, 2011 03:19PM
I thought I was old at 48 years old with all the young newbee yuppies around detecting nowadays. I sure do miss the 70's,It was the last simple decade,no cell phones no computers,great economy. If you didn't like your job you could quit go across the street and get another sometimes better job! The internet is fun,But if I had a choice I would go back in a heartbeat! Even at my current age it was just less complicated.
March 28, 2011 04:21PM
Hey Harold----I'm still trying to figure out how to run this new-fangled computer!!!!! ha ha-------You're right, life was simpler but we still had some "pain in the butt problems".----As the man says "there's always something"!-------------Del
March 28, 2011 05:01PM
I know what you mean I just know enough to log on and post a message. I don't even know how to post pictures. That's why I don't post finds. I will learn it one of these days. I do use an E-trac though,But mostly in the stock coins program with a few personal preference tweeks. I figure as long as I am finding stuff why change it?
March 28, 2011 07:28PM
Never heard of that one. I remember one called a Silver Turtle, it was waterproof and made by Tesoro I think, for some other company.
March 28, 2011 08:16PM
I remember the turtle, I had one called the silver turtle, it was a water machine. Had a tesoro circuit. Late 70's I think. You're right Sonny, the talking turtle, highly advertised for a time but never hit the market.---Wade
March 29, 2011 12:22AM
Ok, so what the sam hanna is a "talking turtle" for us young pups on here????
March 30, 2011 09:36PM
I wish I could remember the 70's, were they fun