Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab EQ in stock at Cabelas

Posted by toddbbq 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab EQ in stock at Cabelas
February 20, 2018 11:45AM
As of 6:45 both the 600 and 800 are available to order.
Re: Minelab EQ in stock at Cabelas
February 20, 2018 11:51AM
They are indeed listing it with a drop shipment of 5 to 7 days.
I'll wait until one is available from an out of state dealer where I won't have to pay 7% sales taxsmiling smiley
February 20, 2018 12:47PM
If you have a Bass Pro Shop in your state you will have tp pay sales tax. Bass Pro owns Cabelas but they do have units that sell out right away.
February 20, 2018 02:10PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are indeed listing it with a drop shipment of
> 5 to 7 days.
> I'll wait until one is available from an out of st
> ate dealer where I won't have to pay 7% sales tax:
> )

I bit the bullet and paid the Mich 6% tax.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 20, 2018 03:14PM
If I wasn't paying $749.00 with no tax free shipping I would buy one spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
You could definitely beat a lot of the pre orders thou.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 03:15PM by GreenMeanie.
February 20, 2018 06:15PM
I paid the MI tax too for the 800.

Rick
February 20, 2018 06:20PM
Super tempting....although I have an 800 on order for $789 sans tax/shipping charges....versus $960 from Cabelas, almost a $200 savings (should buy a 6" coil) but who knows when it'll get here. Wonder what Cabela's return policy is?
February 20, 2018 06:40PM
Shocks me to see this going on whereas dealers still can't get them. As the old saying goes "Money Talks and Bull$%&^ Walks" Where do I signup for drop shipping sounds like a nice setup haha.
February 20, 2018 07:11PM
I've been waiting 8 days on USPS to deliver a 600 I bought online. So even when you can get one shipped no gaurantee it will ever arrive. smiling smiley At this rate my pre-order will arrive first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 07:11PM by detectingMO.
February 20, 2018 07:16PM
Guess I'll find out how good Cabela's 90 day return policy is:

It's not fair to the dealers and customers that put in their pre-orders that Cabela's trumps them just because their a box store.....I placed my pre-order in September...at least I'll have a unit to play with until the one I ordered SIX MONTHS ago eventually shows up thumbs down
February 20, 2018 08:59PM
Drop ship from manufacturer? I thought Minelab was waiting on the next shipment like the customers who ordered them?
February 20, 2018 09:47PM
Lets wait and see if Cabelas actually puts machines in peoples hands. We often get too riled up over what might be happening.
If you ordered from Cabelas, pls post delivery info when it occurs.
February 20, 2018 10:07PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> Lets wait and see if Cabelas actually puts machines in peoples hands. We often get too riled up over what might be happening.
> If you ordered from Cabelas, pls post delivery info when it occurs.

I went ahead and ordered one from Cabela's this morning (thanks to the OP!). Someone will get (from Cabela's) a great deal on a used one when I return it...shame on ML for screwing dealers and end users that pre-ordered in September thumbs up

I'll post the progress on the delivery, but as I've read on various forums, everyone that got in on the original Cabela's order, received theirs within days of their order.

HH,
Cal
February 21, 2018 01:35PM
Some of those that ordered from Cabelas yesterday have posted that their orders have been updated to SHIPPED.
February 21, 2018 08:16PM
toddbbq Wrote:
> Some of those that ordered from Cabelas yesterday have posted that their orders have been updated to SHIPPED.

I just checked the order status, and indeed it shows as shipped:

Order Details
Thank You For Your Order
Order Number: 25051xxxx
Order Status: Shipped
Order Date:02/20/2018
February 21, 2018 08:43PM
i type equinox or minelab in on Cabelas site and it doesnt even show up.
February 21, 2018 08:53PM
Rod-PA Wrote:
> i type equinox or minelab in on Cabelas site and it doesnt even show up.

It comes up for me:

NEW! Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector

Item: IK-648489
Note: This item is not available on our On-Line Store at this time. To purchase this product please contact Customer Service at 1-800-753-3218.
February 21, 2018 10:47PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Rod-PA Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i type equinox or minelab in on Cabelas site and
> it doesnt even show up.
>
> It comes up for me:
>
> NEW! Minelab Equinox 800 Metal Detector
>
> Item: IK-648489
> Note: This item is not available on our On-Line St
> ore at this time. To purchase this product please
> contact Customer Service at 1-800-753-3218.

Maybe ML contacted them and said we busted boys take er down hahaha
February 21, 2018 11:55PM
I think after they sell out they don't show up in a search, but if you saved the link from when they were in stock, they come right up.....
February 22, 2018 01:02AM
Nothing makes Americans buy something more than a shortage from retailers. From gaming systems to cabbage patch dolls it has always been a great sales technique. If you want to sell something in America make it a hard item to find.
February 24, 2018 01:23AM
Did anyone see the messages that customers got from Cabelas saying the orders have been put on back order until March 30. I guess people are canceling there orders and now wishing they had not cancelled there orders with there dealer. What a mess. Seen it on some of the Equinox groups on Facebook.
February 24, 2018 11:17AM
It seems that most have cancelled. I did and so did my buddy. Going to go with a known dealer this time and save the sales tax.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 24, 2018 01:45PM
You can find them cheaper too.

Jackpine Wrote:
> It seems that most have cancelled. I did and so d
> id my buddy. Going to go with a known dealer this
> time and save the sales tax.
February 24, 2018 01:50PM
I was home 2/20 seen that someone posted that they were in stock at 10.00 I ordered one checked next day on the order said not shipped . Went back on the forum and everybody said there's was shipped but no tracking numbers so I thought that was doomed called cabalas and the lady said mine was shipped okay now this was 2/23 in the morning I get a tracking # said detector was in my state thought I might get it today came home from work and the detector was at my front door .drinking smiley

So why how don't know only live 250 miles from shipping center now all I got to do is get that horse shoe out of my a## so I can play with it . sube
February 24, 2018 09:39PM
Canceled my order.

Rick
February 24, 2018 10:30PM
I don't get it - Look at all this buyer Hysteria - Geez - confused smiley

Perhaps the wise thing to do is WAIT until your dealer has them in stock and go in and purchase one -

All this pre-order here, pre-order there and the whining - Just don't pre-order - Surely the recent Whites/Garrett releases should have everyone cautious about purchasing via pre-orders anyways -

Personally I think if you pre-order, you should expect unforeseen delays - it happens as history proves -

Therefore if you are a person who tends to get upset easily, I suggest pre-ordering, is NOT for you ......

Pop in and see your local Minelab Dealer when all the hysteria has died down - smoking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 24, 2018 11:20PM
Some people just have to have the latest and greatest first lol . I got over that syndrome years ago. Already have better machines anyway other than the weight factor so will get one when the smoke clears. Some detectorist are almost as bad as gamers and cell phone junkies smiling bouncing smiley
February 25, 2018 02:38AM
In this case glad I got the latest and greatest. Never intend to get over that syndrome. Life to short. Didn't sigh up for one until late January. Just got lucky. 10 orders in front of me but no one saved up. While isn't for everyone until they get one in their hands that is, it has one thing that you just can't find anywhere else in any platform is Multi IQ. With ONE coil I can go from 5 to 40Kz. So far I don't find it to be any deeper than its siblings they aren't showing to be deeper. Not bad for 900 bucks and did I mention I can go from park to field to gold and wrap up the day on volleyball courts looking for micro jewelry and didn't have to change machines. HH Type One Personality.