Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Used Multi Kruzer F/S

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Used Multi Kruzer F/S
March 04, 2018 12:48AM
For anyone looking to get one.
[metaldetectingforum.com]
Re: Used Multi Kruzer F/S
March 04, 2018 04:35AM
Dang that was quick! Haven’t seen any Equinox’s for sale yet.. they must be working.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 04, 2018 06:48AM
I saw the ad on Finds.
The seller posted saying he didn’t like the ergonomics.
March 04, 2018 09:48AM
Here is another one for trade [www.thetreasuredepot.com].
March 04, 2018 09:54AM
TabZilla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the ad on Finds.
> The seller posted saying he didn’t like the ergono
> mics.

None of my customers have said anything negative about the ergonomics of the Kruzers but then not everyone has the same likes & dislikes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2018 09:55AM by SkiWhiz.
March 04, 2018 10:53AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> TabZilla Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw the ad on Finds.
> > The seller posted saying he didn’t like the ergo
> no
> > mics.
>
> None of my customers have said anything negative a
> bout the ergonomics of the Kruzers but then not ev
> eryone has the same likes & dislikes.

I picked one up from ShowMe treasure. It was delivered about an hour before I had to leave for a 2 week work trip Had time to assemble and run it through my test garden before i left. Wont have a chance to take it hunting till the 12th. Its my first Makro/Nokta machine. Time will tell but i thought its very well balanced and comfortable. It also seems to have a very stiff/sturdy s-rod assembly. Im hoping the vibrate feature will let me be a little more alert in some of the sketchy alligator infested river and lake spots that i like to relic hunt in.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2018 10:57AM by TabZilla.
March 06, 2018 10:08AM
Is funny because ergonomics is ok... light and handy.
March 06, 2018 01:38PM
Gannon Wrote:
> Dang that was quick! Haven’t seen any Equinox’s fo
> r sale yet.. they must be working.

More likely because most users still don't have theirs that they ordered 5 months ago. tongue sticking out smiley
March 06, 2018 02:28PM
Seems like Makro's new units have problem with new ones hitting the used classifieds. Perhaps ergonomics is just an excuse to sell..
Never buy a new model car until some actual feedback on comes to mind.
March 06, 2018 02:45PM
Kruzer ergo is improved but it is still slightly too forward slant to grip and won't work for users over 6'1-2". The carbon fiber rod makes it a little less nose heavy than racer 2 but it's still "heavier" feeling than an Equinox. The build is more rugged than Equinox. Built like a tank in typical Makro/Nokta fashion. Still has the extremely scratchable face like a racer 2 though. Very nice offering. Struggles in the bad dirt here where simultaneous multi-frequency shines.
March 06, 2018 03:03PM
Some things never change

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 06, 2018 04:49PM
i was going to pick one of these up but i have a hunch that something big is coming from Nokta.
March 06, 2018 06:17PM
The guy selling it said he was an old man and was used to the EuroTek Pro. My wife is all of 106lbs and she has a ETP BUT she also didn't think there was much difference between the ergo/weight of the ETP and the MK, so who knows.

Bay you're likely correct, BUT knowing their release schedule since the original Racer, if I were a betting man, I'd say you'd have to wait until this time next year to find out.

It would be great to see a company as customer service focused as the Nokta/Makro team deliver something on par or better then the EQ. After ML's clustermuck roll out, I bet a lot of folks would switch companies to one that actually cares about and communicates their customers if the machine at a minimum is equal to the EQ, if it's even better....well then game on spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 06, 2018 06:43PM
I found the same with the racer, while everyone was saying how deep they were getting, i found it below average, that's the main reason i didn't buy the Impact as i guessed it had the same Racer DNA, and probably the Kruser as well. Though in mild soil i'm sure there fine.

detectingMO Wrote:
Struggles in the bad dirt here where si
> multaneous multi-frequency shines.
March 06, 2018 07:16PM
I'm the old man that sold the Multi Kruzer. In my post I said that the ergonomics of the Kruzer was not a match for ME. I never said that the ergonomics were bad for everyone. For me it felt like a Fisher F75 which most people consider to be a very balanced detector, but for ME also not a fit. On the other hand, a Fisher F70 with 10" concentric coil is perfect. It all comes down to personal preferences. I was in no way bashing the Kruzer! Oh, and by the way...I am not married and no one but myself tells me what I can or can't buy or keep!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 07:38PM by pine3874.
March 06, 2018 07:35PM
ghound Wrote:
> I found the same with the racer, while everyone wa
> s saying how deep they were getting, i found it be
> low average, that's the main reason i didn't buy t
> he Impact as i guessed it had the same Racer DNA,
> and probably the Kruser as well. Though in mild so
> il i'm sure there fine.
>
> detectingMO Wrote:
> Struggles in the bad dirt here where si
> > multaneous multi-frequency shines.

Interestingly I found that the Racers/Impact/Kruzer did better in my challenging soil then any VLF machines I'd used previously out here (4-5 bar dirt on the F75 for example), but that's in my soil at my sites, and found that my non-ferrous finds increased substantially at both my worked out sites, as well as new sites I detected with friends when we compared our tallies at the end of the hunts. Clearly your dirts not the same as what we hunt out west.

I do have a few sites with some tough alkali soils that give VLF detectors fits, I suspect the EQ will work miracles there, but I also suspect (perhaps incorrectly until I get my hands on one) that the Racer2/Multi Kruzer will be a better iron sifter then the EQ, but we'll have to see about that.
March 06, 2018 07:52PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> -----
> > I found the same with the racer, while everyone
> wa
> > s saying how deep they were getting, i found it
> be
> > low average, that's the main reason i didn't buy
> t
> > he Impact as i guessed it had the same Racer DNA
> ,
> > and probably the Kruser as well. Though in mild
> so
> > il i'm sure there fine.
> >
> > detectingMO Wrote:
> > Struggles in the bad dirt here where si
> > > multaneous multi-frequency shines.
>
>
> Interestingly I found that the Racers/Impact/Kruze
> r did better in my challenging soil then any VLF m
> achines I'd used previously out here (4-5 bar dirt
> on the F75 for example), but that's in my soil at
> my sites, and found that my non-ferrous finds incr
> eased substantially at both my worked out sites, a
> s well as new sites I detected with friends when w
> e compared our tallies at the end of the hunts.
> Clearly your dirts not the same as what we hunt ou
> t west.
>
> I do have a few sites with some tough alkali soils
> that give VLF detectors fits, I suspect the EQ wil
> l work miracles there, but I also suspect (perhaps
> incorrectly until I get my hands on one) that the
> Racer2/Multi Kruzer will be a better iron sifter t
> hen the EQ, but we'll have to see about that.

It works as in detects. Most my soil is mild and it does fine. Was at a site sunday 75 GB phase with 3 bars and it couldn't give more than bouncy (like full spectrum of ID's) on anything past 4". I was only using 14khz. Honestly having the EQ in the trunk and watching FBS user pull multiple barbers I just put it away. wrong tool for that particular site. Every site is different.
March 06, 2018 07:59PM
Dan

They are billed as multi purpose but in fact they are more of a niche machine. Where they work, they work well.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 06, 2018 08:02PM
I'm in Northern Ireland, and my sites vary from mild to filling the mineral scale on some detectors, the constant spreading of cow and pig slurry doesn't help as the animal feeds are full of minerals like iron.
On the mild soil the Racer was fine, in the tougher areas, dime size silver 5"-6" max using the Nel Tornado. The Racer just felt like a week signal detector boosed by audio gain, but i'm probably wrong.
Easily the best in my soil has been the AKA Signum, silly deep in the right conditions, but i know others who say it struggled in their soil, go figure!

Cal_cobra Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> -----
> > I found the same with the racer, while everyone
> wa
> > s saying how deep they were getting, i found it
> be
> > low average, that's the main reason i didn't buy
> t
> > he Impact as i guessed it had the same Racer DNA
> ,
> > and probably the Kruser as well. Though in mild
> so
> > il i'm sure there fine.
> >
> > detectingMO Wrote:
> > Struggles in the bad dirt here where si
> > > multaneous multi-frequency shines.
>
>
> Interestingly I found that the Racers/Impact/Kruze
> r did better in my challenging soil then any VLF m
> achines I'd used previously out here (4-5 bar dirt
> on the F75 for example), but that's in my soil at
> my sites, and found that my non-ferrous finds incr
> eased substantially at both my worked out sites, a
> s well as new sites I detected with friends when w
> e compared our tallies at the end of the hunts.
> Clearly your dirts not the same as what we hunt ou
> t west.
>
> I do have a few sites with some tough alkali soils
> that give VLF detectors fits, I suspect the EQ wil
> l work miracles there, but I also suspect (perhaps
> incorrectly until I get my hands on one) that the
> Racer2/Multi Kruzer will be a better iron sifter t
> hen the EQ, but we'll have to see about that.
March 06, 2018 11:42PM
detectingMO Wrote:

> It works as in detects. Most my soil is mild and it does fine. Was at a site sunday 75 GB phase with 3 bars and it couldn't give more than bouncy (l
> ike full spectrum of ID's) on anything past 4". I was only using 14khz. Honestly having the EQ in the trunk and watching FBS user pull multiple barbe
> rs I just put it away. wrong tool for that particular site. Every site is different.

Totally agree, I look at them all as tools, you have to have the right tool for the right job.

I'm hoping I can get my toolbox down to two tools, an EQ and a MK should cover anything I encounter for the time being!

What I really need is a tool to help me get more time to detect spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 07, 2018 12:14AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:

> What I really need is a tool to help me get more t
> ime to detect spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yes, let me know when you find it! I still have 20+ years until retirement.
March 07, 2018 12:53AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> -----
>
> > What I really need is a tool to help me get more time to detect spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> Yes, let me know when you find it! I still have 20+ years until retirement.

I'm working on it, I'll let you know in about five years if it's successful or not drinking smiley