Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Off on Safari - soon - most of the Atlantic coast threatened

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Off on Safari - soon - most of the Atlantic coast threatened
March 04, 2018 09:59PM
My safari starts about 15 March - for 5 months - across Texas to FL., then up the east coast (staying close to the beach) to the Canadian Maritimes. My wife, our cat Tootsie and I.

Detectors to include the EQ800 which I get Tuesday, DTVGG with 11” and 5” coils, Tek T2+ with the new Tek PI pinpointer, and my elderly CZ6 with all 3 coils. Also along, an assortment of targets (since my usual lousy luck will not likely quickly supply the bits of jewelry and various coins I need to play with).

I plan a lot of “binary” testing - the logistics of having more than 2 detectors at one time in the field are tough.

Signed up for a new “unlimited” cellular data plan so that I can continue to annoy all of you with my observations. Video is a new world for me, but I have suitable equipment - at least to get started.

Besides detecting, I will be doing some fishing, shellfish collecting and - where possible wild mushroom gathering.

Anyone in the likely path of this invasion, who is in danger of me buying them lunch, ought NOT to let me know where they are.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Off on Safari - soon - most of the Atlantic coast threatened
March 04, 2018 10:11PM
I-10 or I -40
March 04, 2018 10:16PM
I-10 to El Paso, then drop off on US90 to Amistad Resivior and Del Rio, then San Antonio and Medina County for relatives - north to Austin/Georgetown, then down to the coast - Maybe Palacios area. After that - zip through LA (stop in New Orleans) and head for the Fl panhandle - very vague after that.

Rick Kempf
March 04, 2018 10:22PM
pm Dan(NM) , he'll meet you in Las Cruces and treat you smiling smiley to a green chili cheeseburger with Hatch green chili.thumbs down
March 04, 2018 10:24PM
Ah yes, my plot is already bearing fruit!

I’ll have to buy the lunch - it’s only fair!

Rick Kempf
March 04, 2018 10:27PM
Fair ,,,,schmair he won't even know you're coming yet!
March 04, 2018 11:26PM
Looking forward to a vicarious trip through a gifted orator.
March 04, 2018 11:43PM
At the risk of coming across as a total whatzit.

I’m thinking I’d like to do a weblog of the trip. Never did anything like that before, but have very much enjoyed barious ones done by other folks. We’ll see.

Also, I thought it might be fun to do sort of interviews/conversations with folks in out hobby/obsession who I met up with along the way.

Any suggestions in this line are much appreciated.

Rick Kempf
March 05, 2018 12:30AM
Enjoy your trip Rick, look forward to seeing your finds/videos. Doesn't sound like that you will be in my part of the world but if you are you're more than welcome to stop by my home.
March 05, 2018 02:27AM
If you should by chance make it up to the "Greatest" Lake State will show you the Dunes, Rocks and our Mighty Mac, the bridge not the burger which I live under.

Tom aka the Jackpine Savage

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 05, 2018 03:39AM
Enjoy! If you shroom hunting keep an eye out for Morels... they might be popping up here and there. Have fun!

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 05, 2018 04:46AM
Wishing you a great trip! I always enjoy reading your posts and look forward to hearing more about your adventures.
March 05, 2018 05:14AM
Look me up when you make it to New York! I'd definitely buy you lunch! Would love to meet you!

Seth