Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any Kruzer News?

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any Kruzer News?
March 13, 2018 11:40AM
Dilek must be sad these days. All the effort her and her colleges put into keeping us informed and happy is overshadowed by the ML EQ.

Any Kruzer users out there with news on how great it is? or how crappy it is?

In this case, the old saying "no news is good news" changes to "no news is bad news".

The one thing that makes me sit up in my chair is the EQ's ability to detect small linked gold chains in salt soaked sand.....that's a feat right there.

I'm hearing positives and neg's about the EQ......kinda brings me back to neutral. I may wait to hear what the FT people come out with....I know, don't hold my breath.
Re: Any Kruzer News?
March 13, 2018 11:59AM
I tried it.. it was ok I guess. I'm tall and it was too short for me and they have no plans on making any tall man rods for it.. screen is still very delicate and scratches super easy. Very well made overall. I was not blown away by it at all.. I weighed it with my postal scales with the external battery attached and it was 3.9lbs. Loved the grip. Oh almost forgot, volume on lowest setting was way too loud for me.. instant headache.. I have an awesome dealer that puts up with all of my crap and he took very good care of me so I no longer have it..
March 13, 2018 01:05PM
I was wondering about it as well. Nothing from any of the new users?

Dean
March 13, 2018 02:07PM
Maybe broaden your horizons and check out some of the Makro/Notka forums. There you will find lots of talk about the Kruzers. Some negative but mostly positive. I've had the Racer, Racer 2, and Impact, along with countless others in my 43 years detecting. I now have the Multi kruzer and I'm very happy with it. I'm 6'1" and find the rod plenty long enough.
March 13, 2018 03:57PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe broaden your horizons and check out some of
> the Makro/Notka forums. There you will find lots o
> f talk about the Kruzers. Some negative but mostly
> positive. I've had the Racer, Racer 2, and Impact,
> along with countless others in my 43 years detecti
> ng. I now have the Multi kruzer and I'm very happy
> with it. I'm 6'1" and find the rod plenty long eno
> ugh.

Tom, I only read this forum....use to go to a couple others, more comfortable here. Used to the flow here, it's simple....not so clickish like some of the ones out there. Some salt of the earth fellows on here to.
March 13, 2018 04:48PM
If I could ever get rid of all this snow....stop having 20 degree mornings, stop having so many things needing to be fixed around the house, I would get it another workout or two. Will meet up and let you try it out, Oz.
March 13, 2018 04:53PM
Build quality of the Kruzer is apparently good. Users seem to find it a good performer, but I don't see as much of the enthusiasm that surrounds the Equinox reports. The timing was unfortunate. If ML hadn't brought the Equinox out at the same time, the buzz would be all about the Kruzer.
March 13, 2018 05:09PM
The Kruzer, imo, has a big strike against it - the fact that the Impact hit the market not all that long before the Kruzer intro, and is, again imo, very popular and highly successful in the market place.
When the Impact launched, there was a pent up demand stemming from two or three years of speculation as to when it would be available. Many have been sold prior to the Kruzer launch.
IMO, the vast majority of Impact users have no need for the Kruzer and will not buy one. That represents a huge portion of the Kruzer's potential market.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 13, 2018 05:35PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
> Maybe broaden your horizons and check out some of
> the Makro/Notka forums. There you will find lots o
> f talk about the Kruzers. Some negative but mostly
> positive. I've had the Racer, Racer 2, and Impact,
> along with countless others in my 43 years detecti
> ng. I now have the Multi kruzer and I'm very happy
> with it. I'm 6'1" and find the rod plenty long eno
> ugh.

I guess I should have specified "on this forum". If I were that interested I would go to another forum and check it out. I'm not. I too, have owned a few of the Nokta's including the Impact. Very capable machines. Just not much mentioned about them here.

Dean
cjc
March 13, 2018 08:37PM
This is a superb detector--not far from being a waterproof Impact. Both are very innovative machines with a lot of very practical and well thought out features. Still very cold up here in Toronto but I can't wait to get this machine into the water--it's very sharp on low conductors--seeing quite a few gold coins coming up with it here and in the UK.
cjc
March 13, 2018 09:42PM
I'm patiently sitting here awaiting on the Gold Kruzer to get finished. Could be April I'm guessing.

HH
Mike
March 14, 2018 03:08PM
I have been testing the Kruzer for a couple months now. I also have the Impact and can say that they do compliment eachother. Now I don't think a lot of guys would buy both machines but either one will surely get the job done. I really love the 99DI mode of the Impact and am really partial to the 3 tone mode on the Kruzer.
As has been said, the Kruzer build quality is excellent and the weight of the machine is just icing on the cake. I just had it out in the cornfields this morning for several hours, 30 degrees and a inch of snow but still managed a couple small colonial cuff buttons.

I also agree that it was a bad time to release the Kruzer with all the hype going on about the Equinox. I think both manufactures raced the units to the market. That can clearly be seen by the unavailability of accessories for these units. Neither the Equinox nor the Kruzer have the waterproof headphones available yet, neither have optional coils available and I do not believe extra charging cables or headphone adapter cables are available. I own both units and would love to spend some money on accessories but nothing is available.
March 14, 2018 08:38PM
Choppa,

Thanks for that info on the accessories and coils. I have a few units I want to let go to fund the purchase of a MMK but will wait until all the dust settles. Hopefully they offer up a package with a 5-6 inch round DD or 7 inch concentric along with the stock, battery pack and headphone adapter as part of it. Heck, the headphone adapter should be standard. I have a lot of great headphones (Black Widows, Troy, Killer Bee, GG) and I like to experiment to see what pair sounds best on what unit. Some pairs do not sound as good as others on certain machines.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 08:43PM by therover61.
March 14, 2018 09:49PM
One of my first suggestions was to include the headphone adapter with detector BUT they are doing the same as Garrett, Whites and other who also do not include headphone adapters as a stock item.
March 14, 2018 09:53PM
I read somewhere that loaded up it weighed near 4lb is this correct? It doesn't look that heavy.

choppadude Wrote:

> As has been said, the Kruzer build quality is exc
> ellent and the weight of the machine is just icing
> on the cake.
March 14, 2018 10:22PM
ghound Wrote:
> I read somewhere that loaded up it weighed near 4l
> b is this correct? It doesn't look that heavy.

3 pounds with the stock coil.
By attaching the battery pod with batteries and headphone adapter, adds approx 12 ounces

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 14, 2018 10:29PM
Thanks sven, so has it brought anyone's sites back to life like the advertising said??
March 15, 2018 12:45AM
Well the Impact really did, once the snow melts and temps go up, will go over the spots the Impact cleaned up at.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 15, 2018 11:22AM
In Keith's video I think he mentioned the unit is a tad nose heavy with the 11 inch coil. Thinking the addition of the battery pack would be like a counter weight and balance out the machine.

Wish some of those things (battery pack, rubber boot, head phone adapter) were part of the original package. At least the rubber boot and head phone adapter !