Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Video I did of the Makro Multi Kruzer

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Video I did of the Makro Multi Kruzer
March 14, 2018 02:33AM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Video I did of the Makro Multi Kruzer
March 14, 2018 11:44AM
"Interesting video Keith.
Looks like a good machine.
It's reviewed in the UK magazine, 'the Searcher' April edition.
I'm hearing it's very sensitive in 'in-air tests @14kHz'

I'd like to try the 'Gold Kruzer', on my stubble / plowed farm fields, to go after very small finds?

That Power Bank is very innovative isn't it? And a screw on bottom half stand to hold it ion...good design, Kudos to the Makro Design Team.'
March 14, 2018 11:52AM
Keith thanks for your effort and excellent video.Always look forward to you expertise.
March 14, 2018 01:40PM
Thanks for video Keith!
Glad to see some validation on the nail board test...........
I thought I was hallucinating when I got hits with the big coil down the barrel!!!
Definitely glad I finally tried these Makro/Nokta machines!
March 14, 2018 03:53PM
Keith, Thanks for the Video. One question. Where did you get the headphone adapter? My Multi Kruzer didn't come with one. I'm really happy with the Makro wireless headphones but it would be nice to have the ability to use others if needed.
A mention to others that have not bought the Kruzer - The protective boot on the coil cable is not on the production units, and the AA battery holder is an optional accessory. The accessory coils are not available yet. I ordered two different (smaller) coils so I'm patiently waiting for those. Overall, I'm really happy with the Multi Kruzer and this after having the Racer, Racer 2 and Impact.
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 04:02PM by Tom Slick.
March 14, 2018 04:23PM
Ole' Keith Southern!
March 14, 2018 10:28PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith, Thanks for the Video. One question. Where d
> id you get the headphone adapter? My Multi Kruzer
> didn't come with one. I'm really happy with the Ma
> kro wireless headphones but it would be nice to ha
> ve the ability to use others if needed.
> A mention to others that have not bought the Kruze
> r - The protective boot on the coil cable is not o
> n the production units, and the AA battery holder
> is an optional accessory. The accessory coils are
> not available yet. I ordered two different (smalle
> r) coils so I'm patiently waiting for those. Overa
> ll, I'm really happy with the Multi Kruzer and thi
> s after having the Racer, Racer 2 and Impact.
> Thanks

Headphone adapter came with our sample pre-production test units. The protective boot was was eliminated,(not really needed) nice but, was difficult for many testers to slip back onto the control box.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 14, 2018 10:48PM
Des!!

Yes stratosphere airtest ability.The 19khz digs planty of the tiny stuff if you require it...The Gold model should really go SMALL...
Yes well thought out design and EXCEPTIONAL build quality,,,cant give it enough merits...Once you see in one person the quality is something other manufacturers should be AWARE of...and of course the PERFORMANCE is top shelf ...It may (TO ME) be a better unmasker than the Impact or Racer especially with stock coil Vs stock coil..I hope the Video of nail board test using stock 11x7 showed this...thast quite the feat...Ive pulled alot of non ferrous in heavy iron that other machines left with smaller coils.!

Doc

thumbs down

Tabzilla

No your not hallucinating !!

Tom S.

It came with the evaluation unit..I believe it will be an accessory item..AN dyes backup battery is an option too!You cna run your Impact coils on it now if your not too tall!!

Harold

smileys with beer Hello!!

As far as the Multi Kruzer goes...to me it's a Nice unit to have and gives Racer /Impact type performance.So what's wrong with that??I think it may be the better of all the units in unmasking coil for coil..Yet in a rugged self contained package...I like the idea of having all electronics in one housing and sealed up...I like I can use it in rain or dirty environs and just hose it off..The housing is of a very durable rubberized coating and can take a beating say against rocks and such...

I have found that in heavy iron and deep iron the 19Khz is the way to go for not having to chase deep and or larger iron that may read good on 5-khz or 14-Khz and when in heavy iron habitat sites the 19Khz seems to UNLOCK the best with the ground balance left on 90..

5khz is a beast of a mode for deeper high coins deeper and big brass in deep mode...using a slower sweep speed not really too slow..just a smooth lazy swing...Yet still quite well at unmasking.And doesn't particularly bother you with the tiny stuff to boot.

14Khz is fantastic for multi period habitat sites..

The option is there to use ID from 14-Khz for 5-Khz and 19-Khz or have it to be separate/exact for each freq..

The EUD Extra Underground Depth is more for dealing with very high mineralization and I have had to look long and hard for some mineral to see its benefit...yet I did find a specimen and it cleaned up a grunt with target under it to a legitimate high tone.

iSAT should be left on zero as it will affect the disc mode too..and offer better unmasking ability and mineral see through..think of it as a filter.my video had it on 1.Tried to show it as stock as I could..things cna be tweaked for more performance.

Battery life very adequate for all day 8-10 hour hunt with room to spare.

You can offset freq in any freq for EMI...and it works very well..Machine is sparky by nature especially in 2 tone and 4 tone the hot rod modes..and I've used offset a few times in urban EMI to cleanly silence EMI on all the freqs..

I enjoy three tone for even heavy iron..and I prefer to set my Hz tones to my liking..you can change the Hz tones and tone breaks in any mode!In three tone I like iron to be 15(150 Hz) and mid tone to be 47(47 Hz) and high tone to be 70(700 hz)...Three tone to me in iron is stellar for really zeroing in on those mid tones yet still allows me to notice the low high tone bounce of large iron and alert me also to a solid high tone( the blood pumper hits)...No need to look at meter..Tone breaks are at 15 ID and I like 65 ID for high tone break..the real deep mid conductors will give a Nice turkey gobble like this!!!Like three ringers at 10 inches or more..Beautiful sound and very telling!!

Auto tracking is very Nice( excellent system ) if required but I use ground grab mostly.and stay locked.

backlight adjustable and very well lit

Nice big ID numbers..easy to navigate menu system with all info right on screen at all times.

Ability to notch any ID number in multi segments and assign iron tone to notched Items if you like and control the volume of that notched item..( yes I can take credit for that Mak/Nok Feature.I like to hear it all no matter what...LOL)

Handgrip is really thick durable rubber and does not slip around on shaft..

Machine can be a little nose heavy but not AT Pro heavy with stock coil Yet it feels so rugged and non flexing shafts It not a real issue to me anyways..I can see someone making a pistol grip straight shaft at some point I bet..since the housing is simply slid on with one screw....Lower rod is carbon fiber and very good quality at that!

Armcuff is now very tall on the sides and secures the arm very nicely its flexible enough to accommodate a coat or bare arm..THANK YOU!!!No more modding of arm cuffs needed!!Should be on all of they're units!!

The best part of the unit is the ability to UNMASK and it does that on a world class level..Nuanced Blendy Bleedy audio!!!HArd not to like Racers/Impacts/Cores/Kruzers after seeing what they can do in trash and iron..Depth is right there with other Vlfs...

With freq choices and tone modes etc..It can be all a person needs in a VLF..A dedicated salt water hunter or prospector may look for specialized equipment but if it's like a racer or Impact and I dare say it is, it should do well on certain salt waters and may be all that person requires.

The MMK offers alot options and Par Excellence build...If you want the Mak/Nok DNA in waterproof setup well this is it..

It lacks some of the modes of the Impact..and one is Mixed mode..((I asked but did not receive LOL))Think STRONG Racer 2 DNA with selectable freqs Like Impact and we have a Hybrid of both in a well thought out design!!Tones do seem a little Crisper/Tighter on the MMK and machine seems a little more sure of itself on masked targets.

Im happy to welcome it to the arsenal as it is waterproof and compact and I can go anywhere even in rain which I have many times so far and maybe hit some lakes this spring and take it to the salt water this summer if i can get time in for a hunt during my daughters Softball World Series..I remember the first time I hunted a salt beach with my Red Racer and 5x10 coil I said then, man I wish I could get this Racer in a waterproof package as its doing well in this Gulf coast surf..Well they did just that and gave us some freq options too!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2018 11:07PM
Thanks for the vid and info Keith. I’ve been very interested in the impact or multikruzer. But Iam slow on pulling the triggerl lol.
March 15, 2018 05:35AM
Do you have any idea why they picked 19 kHz as the high frequency instead of the 20 kHz they picked for the Impact?

I'm guessing maybe less EMI interference, or else just to distinguish one from the other. (Just guesses.)
March 15, 2018 09:48AM
The iron tone and 2nd tone sound close to the same?
March 15, 2018 10:09AM
Yes that mid tone is low, you'd need the iron volume turned down real low to use it. I'm guessing you can run 2 tone and hike the 2nd tone up to a higher freq?

woodchiphustler Wrote:
> The iron tone and 2nd tone sound close to the same
> ?
March 15, 2018 11:18AM
ghound Wrote:
> I'm guessing you can run 2 tone and hike the 2nd tone up to a higher freq?
>

Yes, I believe you can. I think Keith had mentioned that in the video and stated his hearing is more tuned for a higher pitch and he shows how that can be done.

That's one good thing about digital units than can be programmed for the ability to change the pitch on tone. Not every ones hearing is the same.
March 15, 2018 03:35PM
On the Kruzer you can change the tone breaks and the tone for each section of the VDI scale. For instance: You decide to use 4 Tone mode. You can set the lowest tone, say iron to 15 kHz. You decide to have nickels be your second tone or section and set it for 60 kHz (pretty high). next section (third section based on where you set the tone breaks) is set for zinc pennies and anything else in that area of VDI's you set the tone for 30 Khz, and the forth section you set at the highest tone (70 kHz) and this covers everything from copper pennies & dimes on up. It breaks down to this = Iron very low tone (15 kHz) and you can adjust the volume of the iron from 10 to 0. next tone is pretty high (60 kHz) for nickels, third tone is medium for zincs (30 kHz) Copper pennies and up are the forth and highest tone (70 kHz). Set the breals where you want, set the tones to what you want, notch out what you don't want. Super easy and unlimited combinations. How would you like it?
March 15, 2018 06:25PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
> On the Kruzer you can change the tone breaks and t
> he tone for each section of the VDI scale. For ins
> tance: You decide to use 4 Tone mode. You can set
> the lowest tone, say iron to 15 kHz. You decide to
> have nickels be your second tone or section and se
> t it for 60 kHz (pretty high). next section (third
> section based on where you set the tone breaks) is
> set for zinc pennies and anything else in that are
> a of VDI's you set the tone for 30 Khz, and the fo
> rth section you set at the highest tone (70 kHz) a
> nd this covers everything from copper pennies & di
> mes on up. It breaks down to this = Iron very low
> tone (15 kHz) and you can adjust the volume of the
> iron from 10 to 0. next tone is pretty high (60 kH
> z) for nickels, third tone is medium for zincs (30
> kHz) Copper pennies and up are the forth and highe
> st tone (70 kHz). Set the breals where you want, s
> et the tones to what you want, notch out what you
> don't want. Super easy and unlimited combinations.
> How would you like it?

Tom

don't forget that whatever you choose to notch out (if you do) say like square tabs = you can have that notched/# hit iron tone too (just like on Impact) so that you can still hear it but more importantly = it keeps the audio gate open so you get no lag time from one target to the next in report. Pretty ingenious and we can thank Kieth for that idea/feature being implemented thumbs down

I'm thinking of picking one up for creek/river hunting since it can sift iron and take the abuse in/of those type of environments.
March 15, 2018 06:44PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:

> don't forget that whatever you choose to notch out
> (if you do) say like square tabs = you can have th
> at notched/# hit iron tone too (just like on Impac
> t) so that you can still hear it but more importan
> tly = it keeps the audio gate open so you get no l
> ag time from one target to the next in report. Pre
> tty ingenious and we can thank Kieth for that idea
> /feature being implemented thumbs down
>

YES. A+ for that one.
March 15, 2018 10:06PM
Yeah George I had it set stock..

You can change the Hz like I mentioned in the post yesterday on this thread...

I like to set the iron tone low and the mid tone upper mid high like around 470Hz and the the highest tone about 700Hz really jumps out at you..gives those high screams...

the stock setting is too close in the first to second tone...like iron 150Hz and medium is around 350Hz...

It's just like your Impact in that aspect you can set them to your liking..Actually its lIke your Impact(just waterproof/Lighter) minus some mixed modes if that makes it more clear to you..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 16, 2018 01:03PM
I have to say that this machine is impressive as well. I was watching a video with a Multi-Kruzer hunt and the VCO seemed like it was more refined than ever. I was able to guess the depth just by the sound of the VCO. I would of bought it however, I have too many machines at the moment and I just bought a Nox 800.

This company makes you pay attention with each release. I am very excited with the new machines that are coming out.

My only beef is TID accuracy and stabilization(I have seen coding that can be used to help with TID stabilization by using "averaging" type of algorithm(adds the numbers and averages them out), a most frequent TID displayed, also the highest TID number). If they can nail this, then other COMPANIES will begin to be obsoleted. This is a bold statement I know, but look what they have done in such a short time.

10+ machines in the span of a decade or less?
Top notch unmasking ability
innovative designs and concept machines
outstanding customer service
reasonable pricing

It seems to me other companies are falling behind. Comparatively speaking.
March 16, 2018 06:16PM
I agree with you Beyonder-Pa. This company rocks and I'm sure we will see an "averaging ID" system come into effect soon. I mean...if I can do it in my own "pea-brained" head...I'm sure an update will be able to do it better for me. Just waiting for it to happen.

Charles
March 16, 2018 11:10PM
woodchiphustler Wrote:
> The iron tone and 2nd tone sound close to the same ?

May seem that way in the video but not so much with good headphones.

Also you can tweak the audio tones, I like to set the high to the highest setting so those high conductors really jump out thumbs down
cjc
March 17, 2018 11:54AM
Great to see the Kruzer beginning to get it's propers. This is an extraordinary machine with world-class performance and features. Gotta be the best most raw and telling audio and reporting I've heard--especially in 2 tone. I also have the Impact and really like the way that these machines reach down into the iron range and hit stuff that you would never have imagined was still there. Both of these detectors have sent me back to the most obvious iron infested sites in my neighborhood and hit deep silver there. Can't wait until it warms up to try the Kruzer at the shore--can't imagine a better edge machine to get through the caps and tabs. cjc
March 18, 2018 06:34PM
The Kruzer VDI is more like F75 in that its live feed..So can move alot..the T2+ on the other hand is more sampled/averaged in all the modes it seems...

Although the 3 tone on Kruzer is averaging more than the other modes its seems..

Hope y'all have noticed the large coil in Video passing the down the barrel...Pretty impressive...Dont know of other large coil machines that can near that running tones..one reason being on the Kruizer is below 89 gain in three tone the reactivity is very very fast...Its programmed like that..once you hit 90 the reactivity goes back to normal..

Clive

YES the audio is everything on the unit...Verty telling....I've written so much about the audio of the MakNoks I really don't know what else to say..Analog traits digitally done.

Three tone less than 89 gain in iron is Very Very good..the audio still retains intelligence..and lighting quick...unlike on say Deus when you get it so quick the audio becomes UNTELLING..the Kruzer keeps on talking in a rapid fashion...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 06:34PM by Keith Southern.