Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

With the NOX is it possible that

Posted by doc holiday 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
With the NOX is it possible that
March 17, 2018 07:58PM
the increased finds of coins,gold,etc. is because people are now "digging more"? It seems that in reading all the forums that this "digging more" statement is made by Many of the posters especially on the huge increase in nickel finds.

Would increased coins and gold be the result of "digging more" with other detectors?
Re: With the NOX is it possible that
March 17, 2018 08:05PM
One thing is for sure.. the Equinox sucks Nickles our of the ground!

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 17, 2018 08:13PM
doc, Yes! HH jim tn
March 17, 2018 08:31PM
Doc,
I have read a lot of post here folks have found the gold rings.
A lot of bigger Men's rings.
Why?
Is it because they are digging more?
Sure.
But the detector is telling them to.
Couple things with Nox, it's ID not as compromised via other nonferrous and ferrous as a lot of other detectors.
Next, these gold rings, seems a lot of them ring in close to or on nickel range.
Hence the folks are digging thinking nickel and outs pops gold ring.
This is a good thing.
Now, if we compared these same gold rings found, and indeed swept with Etrac or CTX, what would we likely see?
Likely the bigger gold rings found would read higher than nickel range, hence Etrac or CTX users, if they see the higher readings in screen, likely thinking junk. Some smaller gold rings would ID far below nickel range. Where as some might get awfully close to nickel range on Nox.
The ID system on Nox is more compressed than Etrac and CTX. And this compression has it seems put some nice gold rings in the nickel range or very close.
Not to mention the fact Nox is lighter, can be swept faster.
Oh, the Nox works alright.
I buried a 10k medium sized gold wedding band down 9" deep. Nox busts it. And IDed it too correctly. And this ground not mild either.
You watch, some nice deeper gold rings will be dug in parks and elsewhere.
And the smaller gold too.
More gold rings will be IDed with readings of 11, 12, 13, 14 using Nox
These same gold rings would ID with a higher spread on CTX or Etrac, and likely many other detectors. Using a 0-99 scale.
Imagine this. Wonder if we in the USA never had nickels period or any other coin with similar conductive value. If true, wonder how many gold rings would still be thriving in the wild lost and buried?
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

In my opinion, running park 2 in a park. Good good ring strategy using Nox, dig all objects pinpointing smaller ringing up 9,10,11 12,13, 14.. You won't be digging small foil or bits and pieces. And you likely won't be digging pull rings with beaver tails attached and stretched out either. You might dig a ring with tab wrapped around though. Try that with fbs or Deus unit. You are SOL.

We have had other detector's released in the past haven't we.
Did we see the numbers of gold rings had by them, when first released?
Don't think so.
So a trend is being witnessed.
This trend should tell us some thing, right?
And the Nox user is stopping over these rings, not like ESP is locating them.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2018 09:16PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 17, 2018 08:31PM
Mine will cleanly, rock solid ID a nickle at 8-9". My nickle count has went way up in the last week or so compared to using the Deus, which would up average the ID for some odd reason, into the mid 70's on deeper nickles.
March 17, 2018 08:56PM
I'm dying to see all the gold chains the Knox will point to in the wet salt sand, or anywhere really.....keep repeating myself.
March 17, 2018 08:57PM
The first week with the nox, I dug a lot of crap to see what it was and here it read. Once I realized how accurate the ID was, and once I learned how to set up the audio, I hardly dig trash. Nickles are easy to hit in trash, as I have the nickel audio set up higher volume , and higher tone. I have never dug so many nickels . About 15% of the coins I dig are nickels. I will say this, most of you FT fan boys will own a nox at some point. There I said it.
March 17, 2018 09:28PM
Put some of those gold rings on EDGE also try a Quarter and get back to us.
Then try it on the CTX.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2018 09:30PM by GreenMeanie.
March 17, 2018 10:27PM
Funny how nickels have become such a pleasant surprise with this new machine. Us F T fanboys have been finding them for year's with our CZ's and F 75's. HH jim tn
March 18, 2018 12:26AM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The first week with the nox, I dug a lot of crap t
> o see what it was and here it read. Once I realize
> d how accurate the ID was, and once I learned how
> to set up the audio, I hardly dig trash. Nickle
> s are easy to hit in trash, as I have the nickel a
> udio set up higher volume , and higher tone. I ha
> ve never dug so many nickels . About 15% of the co
> ins I dig are nickels. I will say this, most of y
> ou FT fan boys will own a nox at some point. Ther
> e I said it.

I hope they dont own one...winking smiley

This thing sucks the nickles out of the ground! I dug more nickles this afternoon than any single day detecting in the last 3-4 years.. any day that competed with this one was with a beep and dig (tesoro). And just like you the trash count has went way down and my ear for the detectors modulation is starting to come in.. 8 recovery worked slowly really pulls the goods out of the trash.. I cant imagine what a smaller coil on this thing will do.
March 18, 2018 12:27AM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
> Put some of those gold rings on EDGE also try a Qu
> arter and get back to us.
> Then try it on the CTX.

Park 2.
March 18, 2018 01:41AM
I agree on all parts. I had a Fisher F70 for a while. Tried to go after Nickles and gold but wayyyyy to much trash for some reason.
From my 42 hours of use with the 800 model. Nickles hit, and stay...(12/13) Now Newer Nickles 2006 and up that are not corroded ring up ad 13 for some reason.

The gold ring I dug Friday? Solid 12. Thought I had a deep old nickle! Nope... when she popped out.. I sat down in shock.

XP Deus
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot
22 silvers, 2 silver rings, 1 Gold Ring -YTD 2018

Some of my random digs: [www.youtube.com]
March 18, 2018 01:55AM
jim tn Wrote:
> Funny how nickels have become such a pleasant surp
> rise with this new machine. Us F T fanboys have be
> en finding them for year's with our CZ's and F 75'
> s. HH jim tn

Why yes it is..... CZ's where always praised for the amount of nickles they accurately sniped...and still do.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
March 18, 2018 02:00AM
I tried them all.
And agree Park 2 is probably the best one of them all for on edge.
Kind of curious what is different in the modes? I tried copying the default settings from beach 1 to park 2 but it acted the same.
I guess that is minelabs little secret for now.

Mike C Wrote:
> GreenMeanie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Put some of those gold rings on EDGE also try a
> Qu
> > arter and get back to us.
> > Then try it on the CTX.
>
>
> Park 2.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 02:18AM by GreenMeanie.
March 18, 2018 02:09AM
From Dirtfishing video of the Nox vs Etrac it looked t9 me that the Etrac, CtX, and CZs are still better at ID on nickels. Nox looked to lump nickels right in with square tabs giving the same ID of 12/13 on both. I have dug tons of buffalos, V nickels over the years with the CZ, Etrac and CTX without digging tons of square tabs. Not saying they don't get fooled here and there but still think they are the best for nickel hunting, which I love to do.
March 18, 2018 02:20AM
Yeah but I can clearly see the NOX is deeper on nickles and gold than the CTX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2018 02:20AM by GreenMeanie.
March 18, 2018 02:43AM
Welgund Wrote:
> From Dirtfishing video of the Nox vs Etrac it look
> ed t9 me that the Etrac, CtX, and CZs are still be
> tter at ID on nickels. Nox looked to lump nickels
> right in with square tabs giving the same ID of 12
> /13 on both. I have dug tons of buffalos, V nicke
> ls over the years with the CZ, Etrac and CTX witho
> ut digging tons of square tabs. Not saying they d
> on't get fooled here and there but still think the
> y are the best for nickel hunting, which I love to
> do.

And what about the nickels CTX, Etrac, and CZ can't even alert on and the Nox does.
Do those count for anything?
It can happen.
March 18, 2018 04:23AM
Of course a lot of the success in finding things is simply due to people enthused over having a new machine taking it out and looking. We see that every time a new machine comes to market with a certain amount of hype. But, the Equinox does deliver. I don't think it is going to "obsolete" all competition, but it will give mid-priced machines (and even some more expensive ones like the Deus) some stiff competition. Where the Equinox really comes into its own (at least in my experience) is in hunting very trashy locations, places with so much iron junk that my Etrac is practically paralyzed. I've also tried it in parks, but there I prefer the Etrac for its better TID and depth info.

I can't understand people saying the Equinox has accurate TID and depth info; in my experience, TID gives you the ballpark range, which is ok but not great, but depth info is almost useless. I also don't have much luck with nickels: those ~13's always seem to be pulltabs. Must be different soil.
March 18, 2018 10:26PM
Dubious.... you said it well. More hours being put in..... more new faces posting finds..... and lets face we all love those at-boys. Right now I am digging more smaller targets.... but those tabs and can slaw I dig..... in most cases I dig everything but a shallow bottle cap and iron. At least in the water I think im avoiding some bottle caps. I found... the tip of the coil LOVES um...but wiggle the coil forward and they break up or give u a neg digit.