Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox Iron bias setting?

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox Iron bias setting?
March 25, 2018 08:38PM
Is it the same as iron volume on other detectors? I have a new Makro Multi Kruzer and trying to decide if I also need a NOX, so have questions?
Re: Equinox Iron bias setting?
March 25, 2018 08:41PM
No ... It reminds me of the silencer setting on the deus...maybe someone can explain how it works. It helps with iron falses . I run mine on 0 to 2 but no higher because it affects separation,
March 25, 2018 10:10PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No ... It reminds me of the silencer setting on th
> e deus...maybe someone can explain how it works. I
> t helps with iron falses . I run mine on 0 to 2 b
> ut no higher because it affects separation,

CD
With the 0 setting can you tell big iron from nails?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 25, 2018 10:33PM
I'm getting there. Big iron has a sound but dont know how to describe it yet. I have been fooled by a few nails but no more than the deus. Its not bad in the iron just back the gain back to around 20 and it purrs pretty good in it. Of course you get a bleep and all that jive that comes with hunting nail beds but it pretty good so far.imo