Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ground balancing the CZ-3D

Posted by fatboy59 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ground balancing the CZ-3D
July 31, 2008 03:00AM
Is there an easy way to ground balance the CZ-3D without reading the book every time? Is one way better than the other?? Tom, I love your articles on the CZ-3D and that is the main reason I bought one(actually traded a GTI-2500 for one. The flashing lights on the Garrett got me too confused) Any body else have this problem???
Re: Ground balancing the CZ-3D
July 31, 2008 05:43AM
The all-metal mode "bobbing" method is the best & easiest. Not trying to push sales of the DVD.... but I demonstrate ground bal in the DVD..... using this "bobbing" method.
July 31, 2008 03:18PM
Actually the manual must have been written by a tech and the bobbing method which is better can get confusing..I would advise you to practice in your backyard and once in the field a bob or two and on your way..easy as pie once you understand..The biggest problem I see to the newbie is hearing the changes in the audio so would put volume at 10 and may help you become proficient..
Yep have to agree many flashing light units out their that require a learning period but in reallity CZ's are user friendly and deep...Do remember once you balance you can put the volume wherever you wish and balance is unchanged..
August 01, 2008 03:16AM
Appreciate all the info!!! Is it just me or does the CZ-3D seem to like iron?? It is great at pinpointing. Tom, I'm looking forward to getting your CD. Anything new on the horizon for the CZ-3D or will this model be phased out soon? I hope not!!
August 02, 2008 02:29AM
Because of the labor-intense assy. & alignment of the CZ's in general....... I'm sure the company would love to erase this old tried-n-true platform from existence. Aside from the fact that it is a low profit margin item. ---I have zero objections to this........... as long as there is GENUINELY a unit that is as good.... or better.