Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Fisher Manta

Posted by Frank in NH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Fisher Manta
March 27, 2019 10:44PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 01:57PM by dewcon4414.
March 27, 2019 11:04PM
HunterGT,

The statements you’ve made are purely out of ignorance. And based on what little I’ve seen of your videos you don’t have any idea what your talking about, especially when it comes to Tom. If you knew Tom like some of us do and hunt with him you would know that there IS NOT very many other hunters who have not only the scientific knowledge but ALSO a huge passion/love for the hobby itself.

Your sounding like you think LEJAG’s (maybe) a better hunter than Tom...hmmmm, I don’t know LEJAG and neither do you. I do know Tom, he’s the TERMINATOR with a detector. You ask anyone who’s hunted with him, his skills are UNCANNY. The guy not only knows the scientific principles and physics behind detecting he knows how to HUNT. I suggest you go onto this website under ARTICLES...read “UNDER THE MASK”. How many people do you know would, in the name of science sanitize a baseball diamond w 3 machines ,,,including a pulse induction machine!!?

Your narcissic shove it down your throat.... attitude..... certainly puts FTP in a bad light. NO professionalism whatsoever.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2019 11:11PM by Aaron.
March 27, 2019 11:30PM
Dew, consider dialing it back a bit. We all agree Tom is wonderful and knowledgeable.

THGT said something nice about me - therefore we have proof that he is not evil. Lol

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 28, 2019 12:10AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 01:57PM by dewcon4414.
March 28, 2019 02:05AM
OK - but I suspect that time will tell that I might be a better source than you currently think. We’ll see! Meanwhile, if you’re stuck in the mud and somebody passes by and they say their name is THGT, just keep diggin!

Rick Kempf
March 28, 2019 02:37AM
Seemed to me like the HunterGT's comments were lighthearted. What did I miss?
March 28, 2019 03:12AM
“Fair ‘nuff” all round.

After an hour or two on some forums with a “Views” subforum - and an hour or two a month on some of the Antipodean ones (I ain’t tough enough for more than that “upside-down” stuff) - it’s nice to come home to a generally calm forum which oscillates gently from brilliant, via interesting, to silly.

It upsets me when folks go all “Twitter” and start slinging muck.

Not calling anybody out - after all, we are all friends here, but I for one would be very sad if my favorite playground became full of rubbish.

With the greatest respect and affection for all those I have agreed with and disagreed with on this forum over the last decade or so......

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 03:31AM by lytle78.
March 28, 2019 03:41AM
Alright this detector Impulse AQ is not a cure for cancer.
In case anyone here has.

Same ole thing here it seems when a new coming model is talked about.

Who knows the most and or who is the best detectorist?

Always themes here.

The enemy folks is just in case you forgot is mineralization, black sand, salt water, and deeper goodies maybe out of reach to locate and ferrous that can mask some of the goodies.

We should all be on our best behavior here. Out of respect for Mr Dankowksi if nothing else. Plus we have a new member here named Alexandre. Another reason to be kind.

This forum is currently one it seems of few where Alexandre and Le Jag are posting info.

This forum is being looked at by folks around the world.
I am sure many are wanting more info about Impulse AQ.

Personally I have never salt water/sand hunted at all.
Does this mean I can’t ask an intelligent question of Alexandre or Le Jag?
I don’t think so.

I already have actually.

Stay cool folks.

Let the folks who have designed and tested the detector feed us with info.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 03:44AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 28, 2019 04:05AM
Just for fun - and to “lighten the discourse”

Oh - by the way - if stuck in the mud is a problem, I probably can’t help - but if sand is your problem, perhaps I can.

Long time ago, in the Rub al Khali - the Empty Quarter - South West Saudi Arabia - world’s largest sand desert ( the Sahara is mainly dirt and rock). 50 miles or so from the blacktop, us and one friend in a Mitsubishi Pajero (Montero here).

Bad judgment - check the shadows in the picture - mid day - never drive the dunes in mid day - you need the shadows to show the countours in the sand.

An unhappy hour or two, but with “sand ladders” and a long string of rope, cable and strap to his vehicle which was “downslope” my new 1992 Suburban was saved from being a prize for a passing Bedouin.

The jackass in the photo is me dragging the sand ladders out of the truck and starting the exraction process. Includes airing down to 10 psi or less and prayers to all the gods who rule in the wastes of the sands.

P.S.S. Sorry, I keep thinking of stuff. It’s amazing how much two or three folks (or more) pushing can assist getting unstuck. For years we dicked around with aids like sandladders and such and then the Bedouin showed us that having your wives and kids push like their lives depended on in (which they might) helped a lot - after all - dad had to drive!!!!!

P.S. It wasn’t summer - we aren’t crazy. In summer there the surface temperature on the sand can exceed 150F

Oh yes, another funny thing - when I worked for Northrop on the F-5. Program, one part of our contract was teaching Saudi pilots “desert survival”. Don’t laugh - it was about how to survive alone, perhaps injured for a day or two or three until rescue arrived - withour women, goats, camels, a nice tent and perhaps a water tanker truck to water the stock. The world of the Bedouin changed remarkably between about 1960 and 1980, The only Saudi Bedouin on the desert today are there because they chose that life. The guy with a black tent, camels and sheep and his family around him in the middle of nowhere may be the brother of a highly placed government minister or an international business guy - the desert calls them - and that’s where they stay.

Rick Kempf

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 04:55AM by lytle78.
OBN
March 28, 2019 04:12AM
All I can say is I got my tax money and waiting.

In the mean time the Excalibur is still doing it's best...but I suspect I'm missing a few not having the "AQ"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 09:37PM by OBN.
March 28, 2019 05:12AM
dewcon4414
Soooo you appear to be saying Tom was involved or is involved ....very early on perhaps. I do indeed remember that NDA....which tied his hands.....some may not have cared,but there were those of us here who felt differently. He really brings a passion and so much tech knowledge ....and for the most part don’t have a dog in the fight....just good info and the reason so many of us read this forum. I believe anyone on Carl’s forum would say the same about him. It’s getting to the point he’s being left out. I’m not saying those you mentioned aren’t giving us information. But ...I do know my beaches...I’m not going to see those kind of finds...nor is anyone else no matter the machine. But Toms review is always pretty comprehensive...positives and negatives. Unlike many of us he won’t speculate......and of course I do understand Fishers trying to sell us a machine.....and here we are trying to decide ...is this one I need?

Fair enough. I don't disagree. His write-ups are some of the best ever. His tech knowledge is leaps beyond most. Like I said...not my intent to besmirch his name. Only a fool (like below) could take my words as an attack.

If I remember correctly....Tom said he had an early Gen 1 or 2 version of the Impulse...and the Tarsacci was the trump card or match card of that version. He then when on to state that the Impulse project could have made many tweaks or changes since then. That leads me to believe he may not have had a later model - or been involved in later testing. That then leads me to believe FTP must think the French dudes are not stupid. I am going off what Tom posted in tidbits. Like I said...well above my paygrade what FTP decides. Tom could have a gold plated diamond crusted version for all I know. If he does, I'd love to test it, just for a week.

Aaron
HunterGT,

The statements you’ve made are purely out of ignorance. And based on what little I’ve seen of your videos you don’t have any idea what your talking about, especially when it comes to Tom. If you knew Tom like some of us do and hunt with him you would know that there IS NOT very many other hunters who have not only the scientific knowledge but ALSO a huge passion/love for the hobby itself.

Your sounding like you think LEJAG’s (maybe) a better hunter than Tom...hmmmm, I don’t know LEJAG and neither do you. I do know Tom, he’s the TERMINATOR with a detector. You ask anyone who’s hunted with him, his skills are UNCANNY. The guy not only knows the scientific principles and physics behind detecting he knows how to HUNT. I suggest you go onto this website under ARTICLES...read “UNDER THE MASK”. How many people do you know would, in the name of science sanitize a baseball diamond w 3 machines ,,,including a pulse induction machine!!?

Your narcissic shove it down your throat.... attitude..... certainly puts FTP in a bad light. NO professionalism whatsoever.

Aaron,

I do not know of anybody who does the things Tom does. He deserves a special place in the hall of fame...for sure. Never once have I implied otherwise. However, I will imply that he is human, and that he is not perfect. Forever. Always. He would agree that while he does reduce every possible chance for error - it still exists. I'm sorry you take that as an attack. It was not my intent at all.

How on Earth can you say you don't know Denis...then make an assessment on his capabilities in comparison to Tom's? You lost me right there...

I will also imply that perhaps more credit (and thanks) should be given to the dudes FTP entrusted to make the machine - provide us information - show credible finds - instead of begging for Tom's assessment which he obviously would provide if he could. That was my point - not an attack in any way - shape - form.

Sorry, you don't like my videos. I appreciate your views all the same. My Bentley should be arriving any day now.

lytle78
Dew, consider dialing it back a bit. We all agree Tom is wonderful and knowledgeable.

THGT said something nice about me - therefore we have proof that he is not evil. Lol

See...even I take my meds.

Mike C
Seemed to me like the HunterGT's comments were lighthearted. What did I miss?

I missed it too Mike. But legend has it...that somewhere in there...I said Tom was a crappy detectorist and nobody cares for his stinking opinion.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2019 08:27PM by wildwally1.
March 28, 2019 11:02AM
What a wasted read this page was. eye rolling smiley
March 28, 2019 11:25AM
I hate peoples that judge, saying somebody is better because that or that, you dont know each other, please settle your issue in private , no need for swearing, you dont get along so what the point anyway just ignore each other.
Let it go. Any question or suggestion, feedback to this product is not an insult as long it is detailed or argumented.
If you are taking it this way , move along, let other people debate.
This message is not geared toward somebody .
March 28, 2019 11:27AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 01:58PM by dewcon4414.
March 28, 2019 12:38PM
Good question Dew....
17" in AM might equate to 13 or 14" in disc mode?? We've been told there isnt much depth loss but noone has put a percentage loss on it.
LeJag hunts in AM for a reason....presumably to extract the most depth from this baby! I hunted with a Whites Dual Field PI for a couple of years which is single tone no disc. Bobby pins and some iron gave a double blip....and it had a language for the experienced hunter but it was pretty much dig all.
I'd love to hunt 2 tone with this AQ so long as the depth loss was small....otherwise AM it is and dig all until I learn its language 100s of hours later.
Time will tell.....I look forward to seeing field test reviews.
March 28, 2019 12:58PM
DandyJester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good question Dew....
> 17" in AM might equate to 13 or 14" in disc mode??
> We've been told there isnt much depth loss but noo
> ne has put a percentage loss on it.
> LeJag hunts in AM for a reason....presumably to ex
> tract the most depth from this baby! I hunted with
> a Whites Dual Field PI for a couple of years which
> is single tone no disc. Bobby pins and some iron g
> ave a double blip....and it had a language for the
> experienced hunter but it was pretty much dig all.
> I'd love to hunt 2 tone with this AQ so long as th
> e depth loss was small....otherwise AM it is and d
> ig all until I learn its language 100s of hours la
> ter.
> Time will tell.....I look forward to seeing field
> test reviews.

Be difficult to put a percentage loss of depth on detector due to various targets size/conductivity and orientation.

A US nickel flat, this could be used as a standard and some data provided.
Likely why NASA Tom uses the nickel when he test salt water/sand performance.
Universal target for shape and size and conductivity. Granted s US coin though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 12:59PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 28, 2019 02:32PM
I think Tom is a fantastic and awesome guy. Probably one of the biggest credits to the hobby. I love his website and forum. I learn a ton from him and the great minds who frequent here. Be REALLY hard for a jealous guy to say that. No if - and - but.

You and Aaron are reading between lines not there....then putting words in my mouth and twisting them to make me sound like I have some agenda against Tom. Not going to work. I love the guy. Simple as that.

Maybe not stalker creeper status like Aaron with his rant above...but I love the guy.

My point was Alex and Denis are super smart - we should be happy with their info this early - FTP trusted them for a reason (they are smart). Simple stuff....never my intent to cut down Tom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2019 08:33PM by wildwally1.
March 28, 2019 03:08PM
I was asked by Russ Balbirona at Fisher if I would be willing to test a group or headsets on the Impulse and to document my results - basically audio quality and build quality of the headsets.
I was told that I was one of some number of folks who would be doing the Testing and that I could have a couple of days to do the testing. The package arrived along with a format for documenting the test results on each of the headphones.

I whined a bit and they let me squeeze in a weekend so I could actually play with the machine in San Diego. That was the full involvement I had in this matter. From what THGT has posted, I see he was one of the other testers - the machine in his pictures is the same one I had. I have no knowledge of how many folks were involved nor who any of them were.

I don’t know what FT’s plans for Impulse field testing of either the engineering or marketing variety are. Since I live in the desert, I doubt I would be of much use in that process for a beach detector.

Rick Kempf
March 28, 2019 03:25PM
I will defend myself against stupidity....and intent being placed behind my words. Fisher has no say in that...ever. They asked me...not the other way around. They can stop anytime they want if they feel I am too loose of a cannon.

Now please...stop placing words in my mouth....twisting them to show foul intent. It's just not there.

Hate me...I don't care. I enjoy it honestly. But for Pete's sake pick a time and place for it. PM me or whatever. Let it fly.

Nobody...certainly not me...said Tom....was anything negative. Maybe Calabash did one time...but not me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I got the green light to show off pics and talk about it....and I'm a Tom hater by the end of it? GTFO with that crap. Not happening. It's like a bad game of Operator...played by kids.

Now get back to the ImpiulseAQ...and maybe we can all learn something from Alex and Denis who have been so kind to grace us with their presence and knowledge. Something that many appear to take lightly....which is a shame...and a slap in the face.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2019 08:36PM by wildwally1.
March 28, 2019 04:29PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 01:59PM by dewcon4414.
March 28, 2019 08:56PM
Tns...yeh a percentage depth loss may be difficult to determine but controlled field depth testing will no doubt be performed on different targets to obtain a numerical depth loss. Just a approximate loss will be nice.

Good points Dew....
Yes the 7uS should translate into smaller/finer gold. Now a 1g gold ring/earring wont carry much resale value but there's a percentage chance for every 1g ring found that it holds a diamond/ruby/emerald etc!! Here lies the beauty of 7uS.

Also I'm interested to see how the AQ sees fine gold chains. Ive seen a video of the Nox hitting a fine chain in shallow water....now that was impressive! My Dual Field couldnt see them..... LeJag and Alexandre may already know how AQ sees the chains??
March 28, 2019 10:02PM
Here’s an idea....If everyone has it all out of their system now, let’s return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Rick Kempf
March 28, 2019 10:14PM
Moving on from the trolls...

We buried this "very quickly" at Pismo Beach in some visible black wet sand.....I'd say about 8-10 inches balled up...and 6 or so open and flat.

There was room to spare on the signal...I won't speculate how much. We did not test other detectors on the chain...sorry.

March 29, 2019 12:34AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> Moving on from the trolls...
>
> We buried this "very quickly" at Pismo Beach in so
> me visible black wet sand.....I'd say about 8-10 i
> nches balled up...and 6 or so open and flat.
>
> There was room to spare on the signal...I won't sp
> eculate how much. We did not test other detectors
> on the chain...sorry.
>

it's full mesh
easier to detect (for PI) than hollow mesh

DandyJester Wrote:
> Tns...yeh a percentage depth loss may be difficult
> to determine but controlled field depth testing wi
> ll no doubt be performed on different targets to o
> btain a numerical depth loss. Just a approximate l
> oss will be nice.
>
> Good points Dew....
> Yes the 7uS should translate into smaller/finer go
> ld. Now a 1g gold ring/earring wont carry much res
> ale value but there's a percentage chance for eve
> ry 1g ring found that it holds a diamond/ruby/emer
> ald etc!! Here lies the beauty of 7uS.
>
> Also I'm interested to see how the AQ sees fine go
> ld chains. Ive seen a video of the Nox hitting a f
> ine chain in shallow water....now that was impress
> ive! My Dual Field couldnt see them..... LeJag and
> Alexandre may already know how AQ sees the chains?
> ?

7us the gain on the chains is not really significant
the ground effect remains stronger
by against, on the rings of 0.5 gr to 50 gr
the gain is huge / over the entire depth

I have never released / as many rings of more than 10gr
since I use the 7us

two more last week
10.5 gr 14k
13 gr 18k
the 13 gr was out of reach of all the detector.........

just a whisper
all metals / max sensitivity
10% SAT
You have to compare what is comparable
the 14 volt pulscan tdi would not get this target (too much noise)
so the equinox and the 3030 had no chance to hear it ....

we do not only win rings of 1 gr
we will find that others can not hear from 0.5 gr to 50 gr

in reject mode this 13 gr was lost
if I had to give a wide range
in reject mode the loss is between 10 and 20%

everything depends on the sand
on the volcanic /and the magnetic/ sands the loss is stronger

**** again compare what is comparable
the Fisher AQ is the only detector capable of taking a gold target in volcanic sand ........ *****

again, the 7us under 16 volts and perfect silence
opens the doors of another world
another dimension
who is unknown to you ......!

you will have to wait to have it in hand
to understand and hear the difference

on a gold ring / whatever its size and weight
in any type of sand
white and even more in the dark
the performance of your detectors are obsolete
against Fisher AQ = on a GOLD RING

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
March 29, 2019 01:32AM
LE.JAG,

Question.

Do you think this new unit will end up replacing your Goldscan and Goldquest units ?

I had a Goldquest SSv2...loved it. Sold it because I didn't know how/where it would get serviced if it ever went bonkers. I am not the tech type to be able to fix it.

This new unit ( I am assuming) will come with a warranty and a service center. Always a plus these days.
March 29, 2019 02:30AM
therover61 Wrote:
> LE.JAG,
>
> Question.
>
> Do you think this new unit will end up replacing y
> our Goldscan and Goldquest units ?
>
> I had a Goldquest SSv2...loved it. Sold it because
> I didn't know how/where it would get serviced if i
> t ever went bonkers. I am not the tech type to be
> able to fix it.
>
> This new unit ( I am assuming) will come with a wa
> rranty and a service center. Always a plus these d
> ays.

I do not use anymore, only AQ
it is clearly more efficient
that my goldscan 5c
which had been improving (7us / coil manta / on-off to the ground / more powerful ......)

AQ surpasses everything I've had
as detector / of which 9 pulsepowers ........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
March 29, 2019 02:35AM
Here is what most of us have failed to understand. The extremely short pulse delay combined with the deep silence of the circuitry mean that ALL TARGETS respond better. The claim LE.JAG is making is that the AQ (MANTA) performs in a manner never previously achieved. All gold at all depths is detected better than the competition - TDI, Equinox, Excalibur, CZ - you name it - could ever do.

Time will tell if he has overstated the capability of the AQ based on his own experience...BUT WHAT IF HE IS RIGHT???

Rick Kempf
March 29, 2019 02:50AM
LE...I appreciate your response. I figured as much but wanted to ask.

Rick...what you stated is important. The 7uS delay AND the silence (which I am taking as no noise and an ultra smooth threshold), makes the AQM an interesting beast.
March 29, 2019 03:14AM
I had a TDI modified as per Reg Sniff’s maximum mods. It was way deeper than my original TDI and the threshold was much smoother. I sold it to Paul in CA who still has it and is impressed with its performance.

I had the Manta for two days and the TDI was gone by then, but I am certain that the Manta was quieter and at least as deep as my “souped-up” TDI. Oh yes, also waterproof and with reliable iron ID without the depth loss of the TDI in discrim settings which would ID iron reliably,

I’m seriously considering how I can ride this “Euroteam” PI wave into the future. I love PI’s they are brutally simple. Especially if they have only knobs and not a bunch of “baked-in” modes with funny names which change a bunch of operating parameters without giving the user any insight into what is going on.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2019 03:16AM by lytle78.
March 29, 2019 03:59AM
I have always thought that I would love to own and use a pi tiny nugget detector, rather than my GB2 since pi is so much quieter on the gold fields. I am really curious how his future nugget machine will turn out, the super quiet circuitry as well as the 7 usec could be a deadly combination on the gold fields, there is a lot to building nugget detectors in pi form, I hope he has all the bases covered. I like what i am hearing so far. He has multi channel so there are no holes in detection. The low noise mono coils he is wrapping sound interesting as well, with a second wrap. Lots to take in here.