Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Felt good to get out

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Felt good to get out
April 23, 2018 11:40PM
Finally got some decent weather and took my DeepTech Warrior out for a half an hour hunt over the weekend. Went to a tot lot with woodchips, found some coins and a sterling silver Saint Christopher Protect Us necklace (without the chain). The Warrior was very sensitive, dug some very small pieces of foil at good depths. The two tone works very well, I really liked the DeepTech Gold but think the Warrior will find anything that it can. Going to give it a go in the dirt when I get a chance.
Re: Felt good to get out
April 24, 2018 01:14AM
Ski,

Nice to know that Spring like weather has finally arrived as this Winter felt extra long. sad smiley Glad you were able to get out and enjoy some time metal detecting. smileys with beer
April 24, 2018 11:22AM
It does feel good to get out and walk the fields or around an old property with the warmth of the sun. I have to try to do it between chores and the things we have to do from the transformation to spring. I need a younger body or a rebuilt one with more energy to keep up with my property and life. Best to keep busy though...but at this stage in life I thought it would be things like detecting, bass fishing, golf and growing veggies.....oh well, it is what it is....all good!
April 24, 2018 10:56PM
Nice getting out after a long winter, eh Ski?

ozzie -- you are retired, but no time for detecting, fishing, golf, or gardening?!?! You need to retire from retiring! LOL!

Steve
April 25, 2018 11:34AM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice getting out after a long winter, eh Ski?
>
> ozzie -- you are retired, but no time for detectin
> g, fishing, golf, or gardening?!?! You need to re
> tire from retiring! LOL!
>
> Steve

Hi steve, I'm not fully retired.....my wife says I'm semi-retired as I don't have a regular day to day job to report to. Trying to phase out my remodeling business and pick and choose jobs that I can handle on my own. Feels like there is more to do these days than there was when I was a young buck in full swing, hmm. After chores and wife requests around the homestead, it takes a lot of mind power or a good cup of coffee to get me to do another activity....recoup time gets longer each year....I have grand kids to keep up with also...not complaining, though...life is good.
April 25, 2018 01:21PM
Glad you could get out, finally! We've certainly had that up and down weather with good weather not always coinciding with off days from work.