Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First Texas price drops

Posted by detectingMO 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First Texas price drops
July 11, 2016 11:23PM
I don't know if you all were aware F75 price was lowered last week to $599 for 85th anniversary.

Well they just announced lowering on F19, F19-11dd, and G+ to $699.

Continuing trend?
Re: First Texas price drops
July 11, 2016 11:29PM
I would buy one for 59.95.LOL!
July 11, 2016 11:35PM
"Continuing trend?", actually I hope this is the leadup (using up current stock) to something new and "revolutionary"!

I'm an optimist (and have been for years)....time for the F85?
July 11, 2016 11:40PM
Time for CZ-8 or what ever number is Next?
July 12, 2016 01:17AM
Oh you dreamers you!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley
July 12, 2016 01:23AM
Glad l sold mine, 5 or six yrs old and sold for the price of a new one.
July 12, 2016 01:52AM
It's way time for them to get a new flagship out what is up with them. Did the deus and racer scare them??

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 12, 2016 02:00AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's way time for them to get a new flagship out
> what is up with them. Did the deus and racer scare
> them??

GO DEUS!!!----GO RACER!!! RAH, RAH RAH---------Naw, FT is just "cleanin the shelves" Lowboy-----in case they do come out with something (flagship) a few years down the road!winking smiley
July 12, 2016 05:39AM
Whatever First Texas comes up with the buzzards will be waiting to pick it apart and copy it.
The brains are at FT,the buzzards are everywhere.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
July 12, 2016 05:42AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Lawrenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's way time for them to get a new flagship
> out
> > what is up with them. Did the deus and racer
> scare
> > them??
>
>
> GO DEUS!!!----GO RACER!!! RAH, RAH
> RAH---------Naw, FT is just "cleanin the shelves"
> Lowboy-----in case they do come out with something
> (flagship) a few years down the road!winking smiley

A FEW years down the road - Surely you are kidding Right? -

There will be another 2/3 Nokta's and Makro's by then -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 12, 2016 01:45PM
canslawhero Wrote:
> "Continuing trend?", actually I hope this is the
> leadup (using up current stock) to something new
> and "revolutionary"!
>
> I'm an optimist (and have been for years)....time
> for the F85?

You know that's exactly why they've dropped their prices on the old stuff.

Get ready for some sticker shock though!
July 12, 2016 02:13PM
I'm concerned the brains might have built themselves a mighty fine box, but they are inside it and can't see/think outside of it.

If somebody else can take what they have and, unencumbered by tunnel vision (or the box), add to it or better it, more power to them.

Isn't that the way metal detector design has always gone?

BTW, price drops don't necessarily mean anything new is coming; it may just mean FTP needs some cash to make another acquisition or better their financial picture for one reason or another.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 12, 2016 03:25PM
I think with what is out there now Fisher, Whites are others are going to have a hard time selling a new high-end machine to the masses. The impact is coming the deus has new software update coming the pie has grown...And it's their fault for waiting so long. But they sell all over the world and they will make their money on their old machines.thumbs up

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 12, 2016 05:58PM
supertraq Wrote:
> Whatever First Texas comes up with the buzzards
> will be waiting to pick it apart and copy it.
> The brains are at FT,the buzzards are everywhere.

I'm concerned the brains might have built themselves a mighty fine box, but they are inside it and can't see/think outside of it.

If somebody else can take what they have and, unencumbered by tunnel vision (or the box), add to it or better it, more power to them.

Isn't that the way metal detector design has always gone?

BTW, price drops don't necessarily mean anything new is coming; it may just mean FTP needs some cash to make another acquisition or better their financial picture for one reason or another.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
July 12, 2016 06:41PM
Could their sales with certain models be slipping???

Do they have an over abundant inventory,,,and yes maybe a newer model(s) are on the horizon??

Do they need capital??

Again,,I think it is a fair statement,,,their overall market share has shrank over the last months.

The pressure is being applied to some I think.

You can usually tell by reading some forums,,Garrett is still doing pretty well with At Pro.

Personally,,I think too many different models are being offered by some-- with just an ounce or 2 of actual differences overall between many of them.

What will the industry look like 2 years from now,,,how different???

I think some may be surprised,,,even me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2016 06:42PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 12, 2016 06:58PM
Improvements to the T2 and F75 have kept Fisher/Tek in the game but, it is time to raise the bar. Hopefully, the new machines that are coming set a new standard.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
July 12, 2016 07:07PM
The current world lineup of single frequency detectors are ALL "old news". Mr. L loves his favorites, others root for their F75 or whatever - but they are all hard up agaimst the basic limitations of current VLF single frequency ground balancing detectors.

Dual/multi freq detectors have been around for a long time too and none of the makers - Whites, Fisher or Minelab have scored a significant breakthrough in capability simce their introduction.

Is there a truly new platform on the way? Or is this just a realization by detector makers that for the US market at least, yesterday's detectors can't demand yesterday's prices anymore?

Notice that the Minelab GPX 4500 which used to cost just under $5000 is now selling for about $2000. How long before a price cut on the CTX?

Rick's prediction. No new single frequency (or current type of multi freq) detector will be introduced with a price point above $900. A new platform with a truly new "detecting engine" will be introduced (by somebody) within 18 months and will sell for $1500. Inside info.? No just my best guess.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 12, 2016 08:33PM
The market is flooded with used detectors. Less places to hunt. Most people are glued to computer/game systems. I think the hobby is already in a huge downturn.
July 12, 2016 09:28PM
Hungarian Wrote:
> The market is flooded with used detectors. Less
> places to hunt. Most people are glued to
> computer/game systems. I think the hobby is
> already in a huge downturn.

and the earth is getting more parched every day. impossible to hunt in my area as Ontario is having a 'once in 20 years' drought and it's dryer than a popcorn fart....40 degrees C humidex today also...so I'm indoors...
July 13, 2016 02:31AM
The market absolutely flooded with T2's and F75's and every other manufactures models are filling closets. Why buy another machine thats been around for over ten yrs.
Little versions and tweaks don't make me desire to replace my v6 T2 for a big loss for little gains in performance and if I did I could buy a used closet queen for half the cost and likely multiple coils.

Fisher has had a powerhouse of a machine to build on,the CZ's.. But it's a heavy tank of a machine and lacks the tid #'s we've all come to appreciate..
Built into a new platform with all the programmability that modern machine's offer and make it waterproof to 20',just a little safety fudge so if dropped out a boat it won't be flooded. It would carry them for several years because they have to know their bread and butter customer's are seasoned detectorist that have there
latest single freqs.and "it's not newbies" coming in and buying the same old machine's that are already out there that they make a living from.

Question is though with land disappearing from development and other lands becoming off limits to detectorist along with the fact that most,not all available land has been hunted hard.. Yes when mankind's time is up there will be a few places left untouched,but probably because it's under a building or a parking lot.
Anyway the future of MD'ing is going to be around for a while and I'm looking for CZ F44 magnum to come along.

July 13, 2016 01:22PM
They are either priced too high, they have extra inventory, they are discontinuing them, or new models are coming out. Who knows. I would love to know what detector sales really are. Its tough to pay retail for a detector, especially a high end one like the CTX, when you know you can get a barely used one for half the price. I think the $1000+ price point cuts a lot of people out of the market. I just bought a like new excal a few months ago for $800 and got my CZ21 for around $1000 new. I don't think these machines are worth the $1500 price tag they have the CTX is way too overpriced. I also don't think these companies respond (or maybe can respond) to customers wishes fast enough. I mean how long has the AT Pro had a niche in the market all to itself...

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
July 13, 2016 01:54PM
If they're going to sell the T2-Classic at the new low price permanently, then the T2-LTD, F75, F75-SE all look very expensive. I can't imagine many customers thinking that an F75-SE is worth twice that of a T2-Classic....maybe 25% more, plus the cost of the extra coil that's included.
So maybe sales had slumped, and the cut in price is to address this.

On the subject of the 'included' 5" DD coil: they are a marketing problem. people incorrectly assume they have poor depth, "why would I want a really shallow coil ??". People think they're cheap because they're physically small, without realising the manufacturing cost is almost the same, regardless of size. And finally not everyone can see the uses for a small coil - if they're just thinking 'flat open spaces' then it's unsurprising.
July 13, 2016 02:14PM
Pimento Wrote:
> If they're going to sell the T2-Classic at the new
> low price permanently, then the T2-LTD, F75,
> F75-SE all look very expensive. I can't imagine
> many customers thinking that an F75-SE is worth
> twice that of a T2-Classic....maybe 25% more, plus
> the cost of the extra coil that's included.

> So maybe sales have slumped, and the cut in price
> is to address this.
>
I would think that all the manufacturers sales are slowing, except possibly Garrett...they recently co-sponsored a nice shindig up here in Toronto....the diggers even showed up....twas a real hoot....
Demographics, global warming, diminishing finds, stagnant wages, max debt, etc, etc...
the times they are a-changing....but if we get 'helicopter money' then hey, why not buy a new 'tector with it? haha....
July 13, 2016 03:58PM
winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 14, 2016 12:25AM
Wink duly noted, Keith.

Awaiting your report on the new flagship...grinning smiley
July 14, 2016 12:59AM
As pimento brought up the 5" DD looks to and toyish but it's extremely deep for any size coil,it's a close call with the stock 11" DD.
In the trash it's way deeper and fun to really work a 10'-10' area and pick out the good stuff that's been missed.
X2 on the winky thing,kinda figured something was up

July 14, 2016 04:43AM
I had some conversations with Dave J. last year and he gave me a lot of reading between the lines to do. If I read between them correctly, something good should be coming out this year!
July 15, 2016 04:18PM
I think I have found what Keith may have been winking about -

Maybe FT are about to release a new beast - I stumbled across this -

"Bounty Hunter Fun Finder This is a “toy-size” metal detector which is sold under several different trademarks and colors, usually retailing in the $40-70 range. The electronics are a classic “two-filter” two-knob design. It “air tests” about 5-6 inches on coins. The audio response is proportioned so that it almost “talks” to you, and its small search-coil gives excellent pinpointing. ….One time I was called upon to find a child’s chain bracelet lost in the lawn of a friend’s church. I could have used any machine in our arsenal for the job, and the one I chose was the Fun Finder because I was looking for something shallow and good discrimination would be needed because of nearly a century of trash. As it turned out, there wasn’t much trash, and I didn’t find the bracelet. Had it been there I would almost certainly have found it: evidently it had been lost elsewhere. My point is that although the size is “toy”, the performance is real. I occasionally bug the boss to stick it in an adult size package but we’ve been too busy with other stuff to actually do that"

>grinning smiley<

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 15, 2016 04:40PM
Is that the "Bounty Hunter Junior" ? I'm in Europe so we get different branding, I've seen it sold with the Discovery brand, too. I was tempted when I saw one advertised on a small-ads website for a really low price. I wasted a lot of time attempting to contact the seller, (who seemed to have thought advertising the detector then going on holiday for a week was a great idea), eventually to find it had already been sold.
I fancied hacking it with a telescopic shaft from a camera tripod and making it 'adult-sized'. I'll likely end up doing this hack on a Fisher F2 one day.
July 15, 2016 07:01PM
Bounty Hunter Jr. Detector with a small case and a plastic scoop.

[www.amazon.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold