Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Original red racer info..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Original red racer info..
July 17, 2016 03:33PM
Sorry to trouble the forum but this unit is new to me.....Warranty transferrable, Who repairs in States...Any pro's or cons on unit...Easier to ask experienced forum member than to try to research.....thanks, Dan
Re: Original red racer info..
July 17, 2016 04:01PM
Someone will come by soon enough to tell you all you need to know about this one, plus more than that...way more that you never thought you needed to know.
Bet he will be from Tennessee too.

Then you will do this to your computer.

Kidding...big kidder here from a long line of kidders.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 04:21PM by diggwr27.
July 17, 2016 04:18PM
What a shame it was not the F70 you were looking at buying - you would have had someone write you a book -

I was one of the initial testers of the Makro Racer and found it is a great metal detector for the money & the support is second to none -

You cannot go wrong with the latest in metal detecting technology coming out of both Nokta & Makro & the Makro Racer (original) is as good as some of the highly rated flagships from the more well established manufacturers -

But don't just take my word for it, nor the word from the Fisher fans, run a search on this site regarding the Racer - I hope this helps

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 17, 2016 04:25PM
For service in the USA:
Detector Electronic Corp.
23 Turnpike Rd.
Southborough, MA 01772
(800)446-0244

Their web site: www.Metaldetector.com

They are the US Distributor and repair center
July 17, 2016 04:28PM
rustic charm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a shame it was not the F70 you were looking
> at buying - you would have had someone write you a
> book

Someone???
Got all the info right here organized, annotated, all 17 volumes including footnotes.
Ask, go ahead...I dare you. LOL!
July 17, 2016 04:30PM
Dan,

Support for the unit is very good.

I have never used the support but reading of folks who have-- very good.

Now,,when Makro was first getting established,,,there was some confusion,,,but they seem to be well established now.

I beleive for warranty issues,,,the same folks who handle xp Deus here In the USA handle.

Some additional thoughts.

Newer styled coils were developed (better design ears) ,,so your detector could in fact have either.

Very simple to operate.

You will see where some folks didn't like because they dug foil and other junk targets.

The Racer 1,, smaller coil offers not only better separation but also brings into the equation tone nuance over targets.

Meaning using 3 tone with small coil,,,just by listening to tone one not likely to dig foil-- I sure didn't.

Depth and TID as it relates to gain setting.

Gain setting of 70 will get most of the depth capabilities this from a tonal perspective, using 2 tone,,but higher gain will cause better TID on deeper targets usually.

Once a person goes to gain settings of 98 and 99,, some sort of hyper boost takes place and some additional depth is possible.

2 tone is deeper than. 3 tone generally,,,,but higher soil minerals negates these depth differences somewhat.

User likely to be able to run gain at max in 3 tone,,and still yield stability

All tone break settings are fixed.

If a person will practice with some targets on top of the ground,,,good targets and junk targets-- this tone nuance will definitely be heard.

Also better quality headphones will help here.

When I used my unit,,,as long as a screw top cap,,wasn't smashed,,,the Racer with small coil with its tone in 3 tone would sniff this out as a junk target.

I hope this info helps.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 04:49PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 17, 2016 04:41PM
diggwr27 Wrote:
> rustic charm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What a shame it was not the F70 you were
> looking
> > at buying - you would have had someone write you
> a
> > book
>
>
> Someone???
> Got all the info right here organized, annotated,
> all 17 volumes including footnotes.
> Ask, go ahead...I dare you. LOL!

No need Sir as I have been stalking your knowledgeable ass for 6 years now - Love your info on the F2 and still own one today - A Bigger (WoW) on your F70 knowledge as well winking smiley - Where would a lot of us be without guys like you Sir? - I @#$%& you not - Your stuff should be up on the Fisher website winking smiley - Avid fan & always will be as i am drawn to intelligent posters like YOU & TNSS -

Stay safe Sir & Happy Hunting winking smiley

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
July 17, 2016 04:58PM
rustic charm Wrote:
> diggwr27 Wrote:
> -----
> > rustic charm Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > What a shame it was not the F70 you were
> > looking
> > > at buying - you would have had someone write
> you
> > a
> > > book
> >
> >
> > Someone???
> > Got all the info right here organized,
> annotated,
> > all 17 volumes including footnotes.
> > Ask, go ahead...I dare you. LOL!
>
> No need Sir as I have been stalking your
> knowledgeable ass for 6 years now - Love your info
> on the F2 and still own one today - A Bigger (WoW)
> on your F70 knowledge as well winking smiley - Where would a
> lot of us be without guys like you Sir? - I @#$%&
> you not - Your stuff should be up on the Fisher
> website winking smiley - Avid fan & always will be as i am
> drawn to intelligent posters like YOU & TNSS -
>
> Stay safe Sir & Happy Hunting winking smiley

Hey thanks!
Just anal about learning my tools and fun for me to put down any info I learn that can help the next guy.
I wish I had the time and money to do this on many more detectors, this Racer thing sounds like it might be a a pretty fun toy to get to know on a deep level for instance.
Really interesting unit from the things I am reading.
Maybe this week I can hit the Powerball....then my new career will be professional metal detector review guy.
Wouldn't that be fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2016 05:04PM by diggwr27.
July 17, 2016 05:04PM
Field test data (NASA Tom's)

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
July 17, 2016 10:04PM
I have a goof bit of youtube vids up on the R1 Dan..

The R2 Stock Style coil if using a Stock coil will be your best bet for longevity its epoxy filled...Most of the replaced broken R2 stock coils have been replaced with the Stock R2 style coil...

I like the OOR 5 over the Newer 5x5..seems more sleuthy in iron...May just be me being me though..LOL

I know you know how to get the most out of a unit Dan and the settings are pretty easy for a guy of your caliber to easily set and get used to . ..But I will say the dreaded 82 Id will be the make or break for you if your coin snipping...there's lots of tonal qualities in the audio..and trash from treasure can be done quite easily after the resonance of the tones is learned...but the 82 I.D will baffle you as trash like pull tabs and coins will clump together here as will other objects...The 82 seems to be a catch all for the Racer...

P.M. me and I can send you some info if you like..I worked the company on a the pre release..I might have some info to help you...

Keith

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 18, 2016 01:56PM
Thank guys unfortunately deal fell thru, however looks like some great info from experienced users..
July 20, 2016 12:11AM
Dan if you didn't like the F-75 then you won't like the Racer. JMHO.
July 20, 2016 02:56PM
Harold - I didn't care for the F75 but love the Racer & R2. Good thing they make lots of different detectors for some of us fussy guys. smiling smiley
July 21, 2016 06:50AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Dan if you didn't like the F-75 then you won't
> like the Racer. JMHO.

Don't believe that to be true at all.

The Racer1/2 will find stuff the F75 won't even see, they are totally different machines.
July 21, 2016 01:07PM
Well Harold-----I'd have to beg to differ with you on that one.-----I've owned used them both & the Racer left the F-75 "in the dust".------Seperation characteristics mainly--the F-75 isn't even close to what the Racers (either Red or R2) are capable of.
July 21, 2016 09:48PM
I know Dan is a long time CZ guy like Me. So doubt He will like The Racer 2. Not saying its a Bad detector just different then what He is use to. How many of you guys are Coin hunting with it in trashy to semi trashy parks? And hunting deep turf silver coins not relic's?
July 21, 2016 10:26PM
Harold, I am, unfortunately. HH jim tn