Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

x-12 coil vs. ProCoil

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
x-12 coil vs. ProCoil
April 18, 2011 04:55PM
Has anyone used the SunRay x-12 for their Etrac or SEpro? I'm curious how it compares to the Procoil The x-12 is 1.5" bigger. I hunt mild mineralized soil.
Thanks.
Re: x-12 coil vs. ProCoil
April 18, 2011 06:03PM
I have not found any coil that can perform better than the stock coil. If you use a larger coil , you will see a lot more nulls in the threshold. Even if it gets a little more depth you will miss more targets. In a clean non-trashy area the larger coil will be the way to go. I have been looking at the 6X8 coil. I think it would be great and should have pretty good depth.

Tom in SC
April 18, 2011 07:13PM
I have used both a lot and found the x-12 to fall short of the pro coil slightly in all areas except ground coverage.Sold the x-12 and bought a second pro coil for backup just in case...... These results were with my E-Trac.
April 19, 2011 02:19AM
Tom..........concur.
6 x 8 coil is awesome!
April 20, 2011 12:46AM
I use one on my safari, it is awesome in heavy trash, and get great depth also.
April 24, 2011 02:38AM
I have the E Trac and the X-12, Pro coil, and had the 12 x 15 SEF. I sold the 12x15 (big mistake). From the remaining 2 coils, I would never sell the Pro coil. The X-12 has not gained me one bit. In fact it may have lost a bit to the Pro coil. My finds went down when I had it on, especially during some volunteer work with archaeologists looking for brass Indian points (@1637). I quickly switched back to the Pro Coil and the finds increased again. The 12x15 on the other hand is a very stable coil (heavy as it may be) and does hit pretty hard on targets. Both the Pro coil and the SEF have amazing target separation for such a large coil. Just my findings with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2011 02:39AM by coinnut.
April 24, 2011 04:16AM
I've got the the SEF 10x12, I havent got enough time on it to compare it to the ProCoil. All I know is that the ProCoil is REAL hard to beat, and it is SO light. The SEF is a real well built coil..its just so heavy. I've talked with Ralph from SunRay and he even says they are really well made its just the epoxy they use is alot heavier.