Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Multi kruzer 4 tone video

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Multi kruzer 4 tone video
July 19, 2018 07:19PM
I saw this on another forum. Whats up with the 4 tone mode verse 3 tone? Does he have it set up correctly? kruzer
Re: Multi kruzer 4 tone video
July 19, 2018 08:06PM
4 tone is amped up. It does chatter and chirp some but a lot of the chatter goes away if you run the sensitivity in the 80s etc. If a person requires a quieter run though you can run it in 3 tone with the sense above 90 and still get good depth without all the chatter. Below 90 speeds up the reactivity like FS process on the F75, losing depth etc. The chatter though in 4 tone is not that bad. I think he is just used to silent running.
July 19, 2018 08:22PM
Mine will chatter when still or in the air when actually swinging it stops unless there's emi, then drop gain or do a frequency shift and it quites down
July 19, 2018 10:11PM
The MMK is very sparky in 4 tone. Mine will air test in 4 tone with gain at 55-60 at the same depth as 3 tone with gain set at 98.
July 20, 2018 12:23AM
3 tone s sound like how the fors core I had ran...
July 20, 2018 03:45PM
After "working in the noise" on the F75 for ten years, the MMK in 4-TONE is a pleasure to use, iron audio is a wonderful feature to have on any machine!

I posted some videos using the MMK at an early 1800's Spanish outpost site we found in the middle of BFE and it did an incredible job there in 4-TONE mode thumbs down Hunt buddy had wrote the site off, but the MMK brought it back to life again! Last couple of hunts with the MMK produced a 1700's Spanish 2 reale, 1841 Mexican 1 reale, seated dime, Phoenix buttons (very rare), civil war eagle buttons, and the entire gamete of period relics. It's a tough site, many areas are loaded with iron, lots of those dang soldered tin cans, etc. Interesting history at this site, was mainly in use from the early 1800's to just after the early 1900's.

I figure the place is due for a gold coin thumbs down

If you set the sensitivity to 89 or less the 3-TONE mode goes into a hyper reactivity mode, in that mode it's the fastest recovery I've seen from any detector, including the Dues and EQ. Of course there's a trade off, depth as you might have imagined is diminished, but if you're working heavy iron/nails or other trash, the objective is more to wade through the trash and sniff out the conductors vs depth. For depth go w/4-TONE sensitivity as high as you can go. I typically run mine at 98, almost no disc, and iron audio on 1-2. For relic sites with these settings I didn't feel like I would miss anything, real confidence boosting detector IMO.
July 20, 2018 04:19PM
I know I watched his video and what he was listening to and I didn't see a problem. I lime the chirps and pops here and there, let's me know the machine is working.lol
July 20, 2018 06:51PM
Speaking of 4 tones, what is your favorite settings for 4 tones?

tabman
July 22, 2018 06:07PM
The manual says that 4 tone, due to it's high gain and depth is a bit nosier than the other modes. I find that to be true. The manual also says 4 tone is noisier while the coil is in the air and quieter when the coil is to the ground. I also find this to be true. In his video, he says he uses 4 tones because in 3 tones he looses the ability to detect all targets. This is not true. The Kruzer will detect the same targets in 3 or 4 tones. 4 tone just adds another 'medium high' tone in 4 tone mode for ID's in the 31 to 66 range. I think that he needs to hunt in 3 tones and with a bit higher gain if the chirps gets on his nerves. I like to hear the chirping as I know the detector is a hot one. If relic hunting in a fairly clean area, I highly recommend he use the 'Deep' mode. The MMK is a sleeper detector as far as I am concerned. And the KR18C coil is a beast in high trash!
July 22, 2018 06:11PM
I have a Racer2 and don't mind the "noise", it's run in two tone or deep with gain in 97-98. When it detects a target it is nevertheless, a clear signal. I don't feel the detector is working best if it is not producing spurious "noise". However, on occasion, seems to do better with less gain. When I feel I have a good understanding of the Racer, I'd like to go to a multi Kruzer or an Impact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2018 06:13PM by Jeffrey.
July 22, 2018 09:42PM
The R2 and MMK are two of the best relic detectors out there, period.
July 22, 2018 10:08PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The R2 and MMK are two of the best relic detectors
> out there, period.

Give the Nokta Fors Relic a "try" Brian.thumbs down