Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Makro Multi-Kruzer Has A Major Flaw

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Makro Multi-Kruzer Has A Major Flaw
July 20, 2018 03:20PM
While I'm not totally sold on wireless headphones for metal detecting, I am starting to like them a little more here and there. This would be a step in the right direction IMO...this would allow the user to have a wide range of options for ear buds, headphones, etc....just as long as they are low latency bluetooth, and not being restricted to just the detector manufacturer's brand. The headphones that came with the AT Max were so so on comfort for me, but I had problems with them pairing up and then dropping connection while hunting. I didn't like that at all. The ones with the Kruzer are actually quite decent, and while I did not have the Kruzer long, I didn't have any trouble with pairing them and keeping them paired. Still yet, there are better wireless headphones on the market now, and that is an area that is not going away any time soon. The kind that come with the Equinox are actually made by a company called Miccus. They are the SR-71 model. I bought a pair of those for my 600 and for a low priced (gave $50 for mine new with shipping) they are awesome. The Miccus manual is actually better than what Minelab provides in the Nox manual and what I guess I like best about them, is that their use isn't restricted to just metal detecting. I can pair them to my computer and listen to music or watch videos while my wife reads and not bother her. I can do the same with my phone and my TV. I've been bringing them to work with me so that I can listen to my music on breaks/lunch and not bother anybody else in the break room.

Had I not had the Nox, I might have been happy enough to have kept the Multi Kruzer a little longer, at least for in the water for recent drops. It was built better than the Nox and air tested better than it by far, but for whatever reason, those machines that air test phenomenal, always seem to do the worse in my ground. A 10 inch dime in 4 tone at 90 gain, was an iron grunt with the stock coil, not even a hint of a high tone trying to bleed through. So the only purpose it would have served for me would actually be in the water for recent drops and I would still have the need for a deep machine for land. The Nox will high tone on the same 10 inch dime with an ID in the low 20s. It wont go much deeper than that, but hey, I'm tickled to have a VLF machine that can do that.
July 20, 2018 03:28PM
tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Major flaw? Sorry have to raise the BS flag to
> th
> > e top on that one hot smiley
> >
> > A major flaw would be a bug or something that ha
> mp
> > ers the detectors ability to perform as expected
> .
> > An open source (BT) wireless option is not a fla
> w,
> > it's a design decision. Aside from the Equino
> x,
> > what other detector supports open standard BT Ap
> tx
> > LL ?
> >
> > By your logic any detector with a proprietary wi
> re
> > less headphone solution is majorly flawed.... I
> do
> > ubt White's V3i, Garrets ATM w/ Z-Lynk, Dues XP
> wi
> > reless, etc., users would consider the product t
> o
> > have a major flaw because they cannot use some c
> he
> > ap BT headphones from ebay.
> >
> > Actually by your logic, any detector that doesn
> 't
> > have wireless headphone capability at all should
> b
> > e a major flaw (which I'd be inclined t agree wi
> th
> > on principal).
>
>
> You sure are smart to figuring all that out. My p
> oint is that the Makro Multi-Kruzer is a GREAT det
> ector but it does have one flaw that needs to be a
> ddress. Hopefully the right person is listening.
>
> tabman

Apologies took your post incorrectly.....good to see that the Makro/Nokta powers that be are already on this! The MMK is really a great detector IMO thumbs down
July 21, 2018 04:23PM
Gucci detectorists, Man up Grow a pair,

If someone gave you the winning lottery ticket you would complain that it's not enough, grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileyhot smiley
July 21, 2018 06:18PM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> Gucci detectorists, Man up Grow a pair,
>
> If someone gave you the winning lottery ticket you
> would complain that it's not enough, grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileyhot smiley

The Makro Multi-Kruzer is a near perfect detector. Now it's going to be perfect with the new audio receiving module that Nokta is coming out with. BTW, mine are nearly dragging the ground now, I wouldn't want them to grow anymore. lol

tabman
July 21, 2018 06:21PM
tabman Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gucci detectorists, Man up Grow a pair,
> >
> > If someone gave you the winning lottery ticket y
> ou
> > would complain that it's not enough, grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley
> hot smiley
>
> The Makro Multi-Kruzer is a near perfect detector.
> Now it's going to be perfect with the new audio re
> ceiving module that Nokta is coming out with. BTW,

Yep it is a very nice machine, well thought out.
> mine are nearly dragging the ground now, I wouldn'
> t want them to grow anymore. lol
>
> tabman