Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does anybody know what this is

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Does anybody know what this is
July 30, 2018 02:43AM
I found it in a lake. The one end when you look in it is kind of 3 dimensional looking and looks different sometimes when you turn it. The color of it is silver. It is heavy. I haven't seen anything like it. My friends said maybe it's alien. lol

Is it something to do with jewelry?

4j by Rick Covert, on Flickr

Rick
Re: Does anybody know what this is
July 30, 2018 11:46AM
It's an ear gauge.

It goes in your pierced earlobe.

[www.google.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 12:00PM by Badger in NH.
July 30, 2018 12:08PM
God help us.
July 30, 2018 12:58PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God help us.

Doc-Holiday, we think you'd look pretty cute with earrings like that ! grinning smiley
July 30, 2018 02:04PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > God help us.
>
> Doc-Holiday, we think you'd look pretty cute with
> earrings like that ! grinning smiley

I saw a pic of a guy who had both ears and his nose with those plugs in them----future Pres.??
July 30, 2018 02:18PM
That's sick. Can't believe people would do that.

Rick
July 30, 2018 05:07PM
Nasty looking pictures on that site. Bunch a loons out there.
July 30, 2018 07:53PM
doc holiday Wrote:
>
> I saw a pic of a guy who had both ears and his nos
> e with those plugs in them----future Pres.??

Well, of course. It's an indication of the intelligence of mankind. Plus, as I say, you'd look cute with a set of those in your ears, eh ? smileys with beer
July 30, 2018 08:50PM
Anybody want that earring thing. I'll send to you free lol.

I'm surprised somebody knew what it was.

I wish it had been for something else. Like shine a laser into it and a beam shines out into the sky. Would been better to be an alien thing.

Rick
July 30, 2018 09:02PM
Even though it's disgusting, it's still a cool find and a great conversation piece. Too bad it's not gold or platinum.

July 30, 2018 09:20PM
On the beach...... we get quite a few of them...... not as many as we do crematorium tags thou. YOu just never know what you may see on the beach.
July 30, 2018 10:03PM
Be happy you didn't find a silver clit ring like I dug up a few years ago. That thing stayed in denatured alcohol for a month.
July 30, 2018 11:28PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> Be happy you didn't find a silver clit ring like I
> dug up a few years ago. That thing stayed in denat
> ured alcohol for a month.

Haven't ever found one of those (how do you know BTW) LOL However I have gotten 2 of the belly button piercings so far this summer.
July 31, 2018 12:34AM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> Be happy you didn't find a silver clit ring like I
> dug up a few years ago. That thing stayed in denat
> ured alcohol for a month.

Uh ... did you say a silver CLIT RING ? A " CLIT " ring ? confused smiley I'm assuming that's like an earring (trying to imagine the anatomy hosting-agent). And if so, I agree with Jack-pine : How did you know that's what it was ? (Versus any other type earring or nose ring) ? Yuck yuck yuck (depending on one's individual fetishes, I suppose, eh ? haha)
July 31, 2018 03:08AM
That kind of stuff has been around a very long time, going back to centuries ago. Ancient Egypt had them. The guy they call "Otzi" the ice man, had the stretched ears, and he is thought to have come from around 3300 BCE. Certain tribes in Kenya and the Amazon have been doing the ear stretching thing for years too. It's nothing new but it is still a shock to people due to cultural shifts over the past 200 yrs or so in the western culture scene. Sometime around that era was also the "Great Awakening" in which Christianity took a very strong hold. So for 200 years or so, that kind of stuff had been viewed as taboo. Now, it has became very common to see stuff like that out and about...mostly from the rebellious younger generations.

Just for the record, I am in that younger generation and I think the whole movement is stupid. I detest 99.9% of everything they do and spew. I don't like how they dress, don't like their music, don't like their language, political views, etc. I fit in more with the generations a few before my own.
July 31, 2018 01:23PM
Want to see some Real freaks--follow Burning Man and get on the email list for"the jack rabbit speaks". Will really allow you insight into what the looney Left is all about.