Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I owe you Nox owners a apology.

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I owe you Nox owners a apology.
August 02, 2018 11:14PM
I was a hater when it was first released and every forum topic was about the Nox. I just couldn't believe all of the hype of this machine. Fast Forward to now. A couple of weeks ago my dealer/slash detecting buddy brought a Nox 600 on a hunt for me to try out in a site we have hammered. I found several wheat pennies and 3-4 nickels in a couple hour hunt. I'll be honest it amazed me. So I told him I wanted the 800 and to put me on his list for the 6" coil. In a week he got me a 800 and I'll get my 6" coil in a couple of weeks hopefully. I have been able to hunt once so far with the 800 and on my first hunt I found a piece of custom made jewellery which was a broken silver chain with a charm the charm is a amethyst rock on the back side with the amethyst crystals showing on the front side with silver casting a encasing around it. Later Morgan
Re: I owe you Nox owners a apology.
August 02, 2018 11:21PM
No sweat Morgan.

I will say this.
And I am guilty.
Doing tests with nails, etc using Equinox, these IMO don’t paint the true blue picture of what the detector is truly capable of.
I am basing this on my sole experiences with Equinox, Deus and some other detectors.

This Multi- IQ, I don’t think its a sham or anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 11:24PM by tnsharpshooter.
August 02, 2018 11:32PM
Welcome to the collective.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
August 02, 2018 11:33PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was a hater when it was first released and every forum topic was about the Nox. I just couldn't believe all of the hype of this machine. Fast Forward to now. A couple of weeks ago my dealer/slash detecting buddy brought a Nox 600 on a hunt for me to try out in a site we have hammered. I found several wheat pennies and 3-4 nickels in a couple hour hunt. I'll be honest it amazed me. So I told him I wanted the 800 and to put me on his list for the 6" coil. In a week he got me a 800 and I'll get my 6" coil in a couple of weeks hopefully. I have been able to hunt once so far with the 800 and on my first hunt I found a piece of custom made jewellery which was a broken silver chain with a charm the charm is a amethyst rock on the back side with the amethyst crystals showing on the front side with silver casting a encasing around it. Later Morgan

Thanks for the honesty, I've been impressed with it at the hammered and non-hammered sites I've taken it to.

Personally I think to be successful with this you need an open mind, and to put the time in to learn it. Don't try to make it like a CTX or Explorer, because it's simply not.

GL&HH,
Cal
August 03, 2018 12:07AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> 88junior Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was a hater when it was first released and eve
> ry forum topic was about the Nox. I just couldn't
> believe all of the hype of this machine. Fast Forw
> ard to now. A couple of weeks ago my dealer/slash
> detecting buddy brought a Nox 600 on a hunt for me
> to try out in a site we have hammered. I found sev
> eral wheat pennies and 3-4 nickels in a couple hou
> r hunt. I'll be honest it amazed me. So I told him
> I wanted the 800 and to put me on his list for the
> 6" coil. In a week he got me a 800 and I'll get my
> 6" coil in a couple of weeks hopefully. I have bee
> n able to hunt once so far with the 800 and on my
> first hunt I found a piece of custom made jeweller
> y which was a broken silver chain with a charm the
> charm is a amethyst rock on the back side with the
> amethyst crystals showing on the front side with s
> ilver casting a encasing around it. Later Morgan
>
> Thanks for the honesty, I've been impressed with i
> t at the hammered and non-hammered sites I've take
> n it to.
>
> Personally I think to be successful with this you
> need an open mind, and to put the time in to learn
> it. Don't try to make it like a CTX or Explorer,
> because it's simply not.
>
> GL&HH,
> Cal

Welcome to Nox-ville! You are correct, the Nox is it's own animal. Have fun learning it. Let us know how the 6" coil works for you.

Dean
August 03, 2018 12:50AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
... Don't try to make it like a CTX or Explorer,
> because it's simply not.
>

So what are you trying to say ? When we soon do our fall-hunt season, Does your Nox bring in flagged signals with "room to spare" ? Do you spank me on target count ?

If it's a ghost-townsy nail-bed test, perhaps. But then .... I whip out the Tesoro Silver sabre. Ok, ... does the Nox spank it or no ?

Looking foward to Fall season . I smell another gold coin coming. And ... since I'm over-due, this one is my turn, right ? smileys with beer
August 03, 2018 02:15AM
I got my gold coin with the impact waiting to see what will come out before the fall then make my choice that is my season also to start hunting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 03, 2018 02:19AM
No apology needed. I had said several times that people might actually enjoy it and like it if they just give it a fair shake and a chance. Of course not everybody is going to. We weren't just blowing smoke like some seem to think. I couldn't care less if people like it or not...I do and that's what matters. What I didn't like were the folks that implied that we were lying and trying to deceive everyone.
August 03, 2018 04:02AM
The Nox has replaced my iron hunting machines but for deep silver coin hunting and less trashy sites I will continue to use my Explorer SE in those sites.
August 03, 2018 04:50AM
That's interesting in that my 800 is my silver coin hunter and beach detector. My Multi Kruzer is my iron site machine.
August 03, 2018 05:43AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
> That's interesting in that my 800 is my silver coin hunter and beach detector. My Multi Kruzer is my iron site machine.

+1
August 03, 2018 05:48AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ... Don't try to make it like a CTX or Explorer, because it's simply not.
> >
>
> So what are you trying to say ? When we soon do our fall-hunt season, Does your Nox bring in flagged signals with "room to spare" ? Do you spank me on target count ?

I'd rather check our target count, not necessary to flag signals, I already know it can hear them thumbs down

>
> If it's a ghost-townsy nail-bed test, perhaps. But then .... I whip out the Tesoro Silver sabre. Ok, ... does the Nox spank it or no ?

For a silver saber site, I'd likely use my Multi Kruzer, gotta use the right tool for the right job. Now if the soil is funky, then the EQ might be the tool of choice.

> Looking foward to Fall season . I smell another gold coin coming. And ... since I'm over-due, this one is my turn, right ? smileys with beer

Let me catch up to your gold coin count, and then it's your turn thumbs down
August 03, 2018 10:02AM
I too for ghost town type site would opt for my Multi Kruzer, DTVGG with super 6, XP Deus HF. I had the NOX 800 for a couple months but it lacked the small coil so sold it thinking of maybe getting it later when the small coil was available. Not sure now though by watching the nail test video by Calabash.
August 03, 2018 10:40AM
Another Silver Sabre fan here -
August 03, 2018 11:07AM
I got my Nox in March and have found a good bit of gold so far. But ive asked myself as a water machine is it BETTER than what ive been using? Not really..... but it is lighter and fun to use.....you gain a confidence about the machine quickly. A lot of the gold i found would have been found with my Xcal or CTX with a couple exceptions. I also find myself with a new machine hunting with a lot more intensity. For the me the Nox is as good as machines 2 to 3X more expensive...... but its raw..... takes a little more work. There will be things you DONT like about it....... but its hard to put down. Still hoping ML sees the light and produces more than 3 coils or makes it easier for after market ones........ this machine deserves them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2018 11:15AM by dewcon4414.
August 03, 2018 12:37PM
It takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. You just had to find out for yourself what the real deal is and i respect that. The Nox is indeed a much different machine in terms of results and I don't care who made it.

Now you can move pat this and reap the benefits of your newly acquired knowledge!
August 03, 2018 05:13PM
Try them all and see what works for you! Different machines excel in various conditions. Nox is great for me on the beach - light and inexpensive compared to the competition. I do miss all metal of the CZ/Excal but I think they are all comparable depth wise. I was just glad I was able to sell off my more expensive machines for something that works in my environment. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the next gen machines and it sounds like there are a few on the horizon with Fisher's Manta leading the way.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
August 03, 2018 05:23PM
From my stand point as a beach hunter the Nox combined with the Fisher sounds like a good combo too. Time will tell of course...... and we dont know what changes might be made with the alleged ML update. If they get worried about the Fisher....... they might just take it up a notch in the beach modes. The beach mode i believe exceeded their expectations and is selling machines. Half of beach hunting is water and wet sand ..... narrow the gap between what the Fisher might produce on small gold and id buy another in a heart beat.
August 03, 2018 07:42PM
adamBomb Wrote:
> Try them all and see what works for you! Different
> machines excel in various conditions. Nox is great
> for me on the beach - light and inexpensive compar
> ed to the competition. I do miss all metal of the
> CZ/Excal but I think they are all comparable depth
> wise. I was just glad I was able to sell off my mo
> re expensive machines for something that works in
> my environment. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the next
> gen machines and it sounds like there are a few on
> the horizon with Fisher's Manta leading the way.

I was having a very hard time transitioning from my CZ-21.. targets on the EQ800 sound a bit "iffy" compared to the solid hit of the CZ or Excal. Some hunts were so bad I found myself angry with my Equinox.

I went back and hunted those sites with my CZ and surprise, I did even WORSE. Hmmmm.

But, then I discovered the difference in sensitivity. Low id "foil" targets such as small platinum rings for example.. the CZ would entirely miss them, and the EQ800 would hammer them out at 6-8" or more.

I also switched back and forth during hunts and always came out with better finds with the equinox.

I miss the sound of the CZ, but I find myself grabbing the Equinox every single time. Now I know why for the past 3 years I have never found a gold women's ring with a stone... my CZ was just not going very deep on these.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2018 07:44PM by flgliderpilot.
August 03, 2018 08:58PM
I was once blind,but now can see !!!

Re Education Camps will begin Sept. 1---Please submit candidates.
August 03, 2018 09:31PM
flgliderpilot Wrote:

> I was having a very hard time transitioning from my CZ-21.. targets on the EQ800 sound a bit "iffy" compared to the solid hit of the CZ or Excal. Some hunts were so bad I found myself angry with my Equinox.
>
> I went back and hunted those sites with my CZ and surprise, I did even WORSE. Hmmmm.
>
> But, then I discovered the difference in sensitivity. Low id "foil" targets such as small platinum rings for example.. the CZ would entirely miss them, and the EQ800 would hammer them out at 6-8" or more.
>
> I also switched back and forth during hunts and always came out with better finds with the equinox.
>
> I miss the sound of the CZ, but I find myself grab bing the Equinox every single time. Now I know why for the past 3 years I have never found a gold women's ring with a stone... my CZ was just not going very deep on these.

Say it aint so, the Equinox is better then the CZ, who'd thunk?eye popping smiley Shhhh...don't let ole Harold,ILL. see this drinking smiley
August 04, 2018 02:02AM
Hey Doc you ol snake oil salesman, you better make stronger oil , or you gonna go hungry!
August 04, 2018 01:20PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Hey Doc you ol snake oil salesman, you better make
> stronger oil , or you gonna go hungry!

You tink one of those Re-ED camps would help me with a new formula??