Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tecknetics G2# pro's and cons...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tecknetics G2# pro's and cons...
August 04, 2018 02:21PM
If you used this unit your thoughts....thanks, Dan
Re: Tecknetics G2# pro's and cons...
August 04, 2018 03:28PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you used this unit your thoughts....thanks, Dan

There's a lot of info out on the G2+/F-19, just do a search.----They are "sleeper" machines.----I thought you had given up on that one & were now looking for an Equinox.-----------Del
August 04, 2018 04:10PM
I've had both the G2+ and the F19 along with a Gold Bug Pro. They are very good detectors and and I actually liked the F19 more than the G2+. Some like the ergos of the G2+ better but I didn't like how the control box was kinda wiggly on the G2+. I just felt the F19 was a little more rugged. They were my favorites for iron infested sites until I tried the Makro Racer, Racer 2, Impact, and Multi Kruzer. After using the Makro/Nokta units, I wouldn't go back. I'm currently using the Nox 800 and Multi kruzer as as my two main go to detectors.
August 04, 2018 05:48PM
I'm pretty happy with mine Dan.

It does very well in sites heavy with iron. At 19KHz it obviously hits very well on the lower conductors, yet is still pretty good on the higher range stuff.

I just recently picked up a NEL 12"x13" Tornado coil for mine for a little better coverage on freshwater beaches and sports fields etc. I haven't tried it at the beach yet, but the other day at an iron infested park it performed surprisingly well.

I really like the V-Break tone discrimination and adjustable iron audio volume! I usually run mine with zero discrimination, set the tone break at just below the iron cutoff point, and low iron volume. I prefer to hear/know what's there without being overwhelmed with the iron tone. It has good VCO modulated audio for the non-ferrous targets, giving a good indication of target size/depth.

It's a fun, machine, with no complicated setup or menu. It's become one of my favorite machines.

I prefer the G2+ ergonomics (F75 style handle) to the standard S-rod of the F19. I do agree with Tom, in that the control box does wiggle a bit. Mine isn't loose, but it's just not a real solid feel.
August 04, 2018 06:35PM
I had the Gold Bug Pro (same as G2) for a couple years. It was one of my favorite detectors for working in iron. I loved the tones. Super light. I wish I hadn't sold it.
August 04, 2018 11:38PM
Pro
super light
emi free
fantastic ID
super fast

con
lack of tone options
likes big iron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 11:39PM by detectingMO.
August 05, 2018 12:02AM
Yep did some research and lack of tone options was certainly a negative...
August 05, 2018 01:00AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep did some research and lack of tone options was
> certainly a negative...

All my detectors, except my GMT, have a variety of tone options and I too was apprehensive about not having what I had become accustomed to.

It gives the usual low (base) tone for the ferrous, and a true VCO modulated audio for the non-ferrous targets that I find quite discriptive. It gives the louder audio report for large or shallow targets, and softer for deep or tiny targets. The higher conductives still give a high tone, but it's not in specific steps necessarily, as a four tone audio for example. There was no problem at all getting familiar with it for me.
August 05, 2018 03:18AM
Got to use headphones..... as the deep targets are a whisper type sound..... I kid you not..... it can go deep with the 11 inch biaxle coil..... dirtfishing on utube is got some older vids on the g2 with 11 inch coil with some really great live digs on some deep finds next to rusty bolts.

For the going price of the G2+..... you just really can't knock it. ......And you can swing it all day without your arm going numb.
August 05, 2018 03:54PM
I really liked the machine and was a tester. After a few years maybe a bit longer the Racer came along and blew the G2 out of the water for my type of relic hunting. Then I tested fro the impact and it was a racer and some of their other machines all in one new detector. Multi freq and the all metal is to die for. Now I'm looking at the NOX 800 as another machine to have along with the impact. But I think I'll wait until they do a software update and see what the fall may bring to the market. I like having two detector and I sold my deus and am waiting to see what changes if any the new coils and software update will do.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 05, 2018 07:59PM
Great for Relics..Loves buttons and weird shaped stuff like toe taps suspender clips etc..Loves Iron back Buttons..LOVES THEM..

Great for Jewelry as it likes weird shapes like broken rings and open loop earrings etc..

Nice for coins...has accurate ID system for sure..Doesn't bounce alot ..Good ID spread on high coins...One of the top Injun machines in my opinion it can find an injun in any iron hole around.

Has problems with crown caps and pieces of tin..

Loves to hit on iron relics as a plus if you like that, but you can tell there iron relics Vs say just flat iron.I just dug a iron Enfield barrel band with swivel with mine this week in a sea of busted iron..It just sounded better but still like iron..

Multi Kruzer/Impact/Relic has more punch when on same freq as the G2+/F19.

Nice do it all unit but mainly for iron sifting/prospecting/Je first and high coins second..Its at home in iron..trashy mixed use sites full of tin and aluminum and it can fall behind to other units...

One thing nice is to have a G2 and an Omega V4 as they compliment each other well and can share alot of coils...yet I've never found a Concentric coil to work well on G2...But an Omega can really jump on Silver in Mixed use sites...Another option is a T2 Classic sort of middle of the road..there's some fringe stuff the T2C. wont see on both ends low and high like each of the dedicated units do but makes for a great all arounder..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 05, 2018 09:42PM
I bought an F19 with a hunter coil for my daughter, the vco was brilliant to listen to, but that coil/detector combo just didn't work, here's a short vid of what i mean
[youtu.be]

Personally, i thought the v break/ iron volume thingy was all wrong for hunting in the uk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 09:43PM by ghound.