Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Scrap 90 silver selling prices

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Scrap 90 silver selling prices
April 25, 2011 05:58PM
Just wondering what the going rate is on what the coin shops and jewelers are paying for scrap coin silver. I got a friend who wants to sell me his and I'm wondering what a fair price would be. I called one shop and they tend to always be expensive and said their paying 32x's face value. I'm thinking that's kinda low, though not sure. I need to call a few other places.
What are you guys seeing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 06:40PM by Aaron.
Re: Scrap 90 silver selling prices
April 25, 2011 07:12PM
[www.coinflation.com]

ARA pays daily spot price minus 10% refinery fee. And you need to mail it to them.

34.4 X face value is what I get with the above calculator. So 32X face value is BETTER than refinery!

HH Joe
April 25, 2011 07:13PM
Aaron-----I haven't checked at different coin shops but my coin shop offered me 25X face a few days ago (silver has went up some since then).-----At the 25X, that was probably low even then.----The 32X face (at todays price) seems attracive.---Be interesting to see what some of the other guys say (todays prices)---I've been wondering about this myself.-------------Del
April 25, 2011 07:55PM
My buddy is telling me that people are paying 32x's face on Craigs List right now.
Thanks for the feedback.
April 25, 2011 09:04PM
whos buying and whats the near term target?
April 25, 2011 10:55PM