Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ For Sale

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ For Sale
April 26, 2011 08:29PM
Going through my inventory......... I have something that I would like to see someone on this forum enjoy. I have (the worlds only prototype) CZ-70. This is a CZ-7a Pro (2 9-volt batteries) that I converted to a CZ-70.....and presented to Fisher Research Laboratory (Roger Cimino) in Los Banos, CA. ........ of which..........shortly thereafter......... went into production. You will notice a CZ-7a faceplate, CZ-70 decal on top, the old 'square-tab' icon; yet, the 4th tone added to this square-tab icon. This is a full-depth capable unit (12" on dime). I'll sell it for $985.00....(although there's a bit more in it).....and I'll pay the shipping (U.S.). I do have a hip clip (belt clip) for this unit.......if wanted/needed. (Sens setting of '4' is deliberately 88% ......... and Sens '6' is approx 102% ..... slightly overdriven .. for quiet areas). Comes with 8" coil ..... with 7' cable......in case operator chooses to hip-mount.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

( I also have a Coin$trike proto..... if interested ).
Re: CZ For Sale
April 27, 2011 02:50AM
That's tempting Tom. If you could make a detector do this: [www.youtube.com]

I might pay double that price.
April 27, 2011 03:12AM
Very tempting.

Tom what's the story on the C$ ?
April 27, 2011 03:54AM
Is that for real..I sent a message to Dave J too see what he thinks. I can't do that on my G2 but we are talking air not ground but I am still wondering what Tom thinks.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 27, 2011 01:17PM
I doubt this video is a lie/fake. It (most probably) is authentic...... with no trick-photography. TR units have always been very good at handling iron; albeit, they are not very deep units.

BUT...........I must say this: The attributes of ADJUSTABLE iron Discrimination are paramount. Having the ability to 'fine-tune' iron.....WITHIN the entire iron conductivity spectrum is the 'key'. What you cannot see in this video.......is the fact that the nail & non-ferrous co-locate target combo.....does NOT ID as 'quarter'........ or 'dime'..........or 'gold ring'; rather........the ID is STILL with the 'iron' range........but , , , by virtue of adding a non-ferrous target ......................this will VERY-slightly increase the conductivity of the overall target......to "JUST ABOVE" the dialed-in iron Disc point. In other words: The single iron item is JUST BARELY Disc'd out. Then............a non-ferrous item is introduced/added in......causing the overall composite conductivity to become just barely "ABOVE" the hair-splitting iron Disc set-point...........and you then... will hear a 'beep' (but no ID). Coarse adjust.........and fine adjust ... for iron Disc is critical. I had a old 1266-X Magnum that would replicate what the video presented..........due to hair-splitting iron Disc capabilities.

What is NOT shown in the video is: Three-dimensional (X-Y-Z coordinate axis) separation. Place the nail about 1-inch ABOVE ANY non-ferrous target.............and TOTAL failure.............with ANY detector. This is something that I have always been frustrated with. Many folks think that targets are all on the same plane.................at 'same depths'. Truth of the matter is; Dirt is 3-dimentional. Subsequently, targets are in 3-dimentional planes. Good targets can be ABOVE nails, BESIDE nails and UNDERNEATH nails. Three-dimentional world.

I could never express HOW IMPORTANT it is to have and utilize ADJUSTABLE iron discrimination.... intelligently. Most of the sites I hunt.....are littered with iron.........and I'm lucky to acquire about 5% of the non-ferrous items at these old historical sites. This is to say: 95% of the non-ferrous targets REMAIN UNDETECTED because of inability to combat iron. (Some sites are much worse..........some sites not quite as bad). If only additional technoligical advancements were currently available to combat this large real-world problem.

Brian: IRT the Coin$trike...........it is a 'attention-to-detail' prototype that was a final version for market release. I know that extra attention had been imposed upon this unit.....including a slight Sens boost.....so as to validate concept and validate real-world usage and stability. Fully functioning unit per today's specs. Exceptionally good in black mineralized dirt.
April 27, 2011 02:53PM
the video above was done by jerry talley who is a friend of mine. very nice guy and ive tried to purchase that machine from him and he wont sell it. im sure as stated above move the nail or other junk item an inch above the good target and it wont hit but still a nice machine for a home built job non the less.
Re: The MAGNUM?
April 27, 2011 05:07PM
Tom...you didnt tell me the MAGNUM could do that??!!
Please pm when you have a chance.
Re: The MAGNUM?
April 28, 2011 03:31AM
More things to learn about your magnum! ((( Try it!!! )))
April 28, 2011 01:41PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I doubt this video is a lie/fake. It (most
> probably) is authentic...... with no
> trick-photography. TR units have always been very
> good at handling iron; albeit, they are not very
> deep units.
>
> BUT...........I must say this: The attributes of
> ADJUSTABLE iron Discrimination are paramount.
> Having the ability to 'fine-tune' iron.....WITHIN
> the entire iron conductivity spectrum is the
> 'key'. What you cannot see in this video.......is
> the fact that the nail & non-ferrous co-locate
> target combo.....does NOT ID as 'quarter'........

> or 'dime'..........or 'gold ring';
> rather........the ID is STILL with the 'iron'
> range........but , , , by virtue of adding a
> non-ferrous target ......................this will
> VERY-slightly increase the conductivity of the
> overall target......to "JUST ABOVE" the dialed-in
> iron Disc point. In other words: The single iron
> item is JUST BARELY Disc'd out. Then............a
> non-ferrous item is introduced/added
> in......causing the overall composite conductivity
> to become just barely "ABOVE" the hair-splitting
> iron Disc set-point...........and you then... will
> hear a 'beep' (but no ID). Coarse
> adjust.........and fine adjust ... for iron Disc
> is critical. I had a old 1266-X Magnum that would
> replicate what the video presented..........due to
> hair-splitting iron Disc capabilities.
>
> What is NOT shown in the video is:
> Three-dimensional (X-Y-Z coordinate axis)
> separation. Place the nail about 1-inch ABOVE ANY
> non-ferrous target.............and TOTAL
> failure.............with ANY detector. This is
> something that I have always been frustrated with.
> Many folks think that targets are all on the same
> plane.................at 'same depths'. Truth of
> the matter is; Dirt is 3-dimentional.
> Subsequently, targets are in 3-dimentional planes.
> Good targets can be ABOVE nails, BESIDE nails and
> UNDERNEATH nails. Three-dimentional world.
>
> I could never express HOW IMPORTANT it is to have
> and utilize ADJUSTABLE iron discrimination....
> intelligently. Most of the sites I hunt.....are
> littered with iron.........and I'm lucky to
> acquire about 5% of the non-ferrous items at these
> old historical sites. This is to say: 95% of the
> non-ferrous targets REMAIN UNDETECTED because of
> inability to combat iron. (Some sites are much
> worse..........some sites not quite as bad). If
> only additional technoligical advancements were
> currently available to combat this large
> real-world problem.
>
> Brian: IRT the Coin$trike...........it is a
> 'attention-to-detail' prototype that was a final
> version for market release. I know that extra
> attention had been imposed upon this
> unit.....including a slight Sens boost.....so as
> to validate concept and validate real-world usage
> and stability. Fully functioning unit per today's
> specs. Exceptionally good in black mineralized
> dirt.

tom! a question!
bearing in mind what you know to be true,is it safe to
assume,the gb/g-2 platform is the superior "benchmark" presently
available for "iron see-through" in your view?...just curious!
also,relative to the "standard" f-75,or the f-75 (l.t.d) would you say the
"iron see through" capabilities of the gb/g-2 platform IS superior to BOTH
those aforementioned units?..just curious!..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 01:48PM by jmaryt.
April 28, 2011 04:02PM
In all of my extenisve testing........all of the detectors mentioned above..........as long as they are comparable-coil equipped (elliptical DD).......they are so hair-splitting close in iron see-through ((( actually.........there is no such thing as 'iron see-through'... it's physically impossible... at current time ))) that 'NO DIFFERENCE" is my answer. Now...................HOW they 'handle' iron (IRT proper ID)........makes a difference. The G2/Gold Bug SE have a very slight edge.
April 28, 2011 06:57PM
I don't know about the wrench as I have not tried it but I can exactly duplicate this test with my Gold bug version 2 software. In my previous tests I used multiple nails so I think the wrench might be possible. I will try the wrench and see and will post a vid of my results for you guys as I have another one to do today of a 8" nickel at 50% power I will do this as well. Later tonight vid to show my results. First the honey do's have to get done! But as Tom said this is not real world as we live in a 3D world!!
HH
Jim
April 28, 2011 11:09PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In all of my extenisve testing........all of the
> detectors mentioned above..........as long as they
> are comparable-coil equipped (elliptical
> DD).......they are so hair-splitting close in iron
> see-through ((( actually.........there is no such
> thing as 'iron see-through'... it's physically
> impossible... at current time ))) that 'NO
> DIFFERENCE" is my answer.
> Now...................HOW they 'handle' iron (IRT
> proper ID)........makes a difference. The G2/Gold
> Bug SE have a very slight edge.

thanks!..tom!..appreciate the input as always!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 29, 2011 02:39AM
I have done the same tests with the E Trac in my basement. I heard a half reale under a nail and also heard a large cent with three nails all around and close to it. But all at the same plane. Raise any of the nails and you get a null.lol That test can be probably repeated by dozens of machines. But even in my testing of the E Trac, things changed drastically when I used the same program that worked in my cellar, in the real world. That was just another air test and should be treated as such. Give me three dimensional iron picking, and I will be a happy camper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 02:40AM by coinnut.
April 29, 2011 05:32AM
Ok here we go! I did not think the wrench would be that difficult to disc but due to size I had to run max disc. How the TR's work on large iron is a mystery to me. I guess this thread has gotten a little off topic, sorry Tom. I would love to buy the CZ if I could right now. After watching your video I would like to give one a try. Works starting to pick up so maybe soon.
So here it is Open mouth and insert foot>LOL
[www.youtube.com]
HH
Godigit