Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites Beach Hunter TDI now available!

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites Beach Hunter TDI now available!
September 02, 2018 01:51PM
Re: Whites Beach Hunter TDI now available!
September 03, 2018 09:15PM
?WOT? No interest in this???
September 03, 2018 09:47PM
Im in a hold pattern Des...... ill watch this machine and hopefully have a feel for it when the Fisher comes out.

Dew
September 03, 2018 09:56PM
I think the EQUINOX just drained everybody.

EQUINOX deficiency disorder they call it.

The new Fisher MANTA just sucked any remaining air in the room.

I like my White's TDI old big box model. I have no desire to get the dunkable version. I'm up to my armpits in modified Excals, sigh.
September 03, 2018 09:57PM
Good idea Dew.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 04, 2018 01:56AM
The original TDI came out in what, 2009 ?? This waterproof version would have been the hottest thing back then.
September 04, 2018 02:37AM
Well the thing is, is that every year since they came out with the TDI (including this yr) people have said "if they just made a waterproof version, I'd buy one in a heart beat". I think most never expected Whites to deliver. And now those people are crab walking. Haha. I will eventually have one. If I still attended the organized relic hunts in Virginia, I would have ordered one as soon as it was announced. It seems to rain at least one day of the hunts. I need at least one PI unit in the arsenal anyway for extreme soil conditions. Waterproof is the big bonus.
September 04, 2018 02:57AM
Pulse Induction has been neglected big time. Minelab made a mint of money by developing sophisticated PI gold detectors, only to abandon the technology in favor of the more complex stuff in the GPZ.

Whites acquired Eric Fosters technology to develop a slightly modified version of his most advanced design as a possible competitor to the ML PI gold machines. Commercially, that has gone nowhere.

Various companies have made relatively simple PI beach detectors with no form of iron ID/rejection.

Fisher is up to .... something. First a gold digger for salt beaches with some degree of iron ID/rejection. Later, who knows.

It’s nice to see engineers sweating over new and innovative combinations of time domain and phase domain analysis to help us figure out what is down there.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 04, 2018 10:15AM
I think Whites felt the DF was keeping them in a good position....... until the Fisher. But..... did they do anything other than just put the TDI in a box? THATS the part im waiting to see. Its a good PI, but they may have missed the opportunity some years ago for big sales.
September 04, 2018 12:40PM
I still enjoy just using my Tiger Shark in the fresh water lakes.
The tone variance is really cool, can’t beat it for the price, bullit proof w a life time warranty.

Aaron
September 04, 2018 01:06PM
Should have made a few tweeks to the TDI PRO-----YEARS ago. The train has left the station.
September 04, 2018 02:42PM
Doc.... u know how it goes...not everyone will like the Fisher...nor the TDI. Some are always brand loyal too.
September 04, 2018 02:57PM
White's could of have a huge market several years back had they made a waterproof version of the TDI Pro...and even just kept the TDI Pro. This is definitely a step in the right direction for PI detectors...but many of us are holding out of the Manta.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
September 04, 2018 03:49PM
Unfortunately White's underestimated the demand for this machine, and is currently back ordered on TDI BH's. Should have more built by next week.

Judging by the demand, it was a good move to waterproof the TDI. I too am excited to see what the Manta can do, but as they say "A detector in hand is worth two in development."
September 04, 2018 04:11PM
I know one guy whose going duh after recommending to do the TDI a few years back. Seems without the competition weve been having..... we might not be seeing what seems to be a quality surge of detectors.
September 04, 2018 11:35PM
Competition.....a motivator. Kinda like the Pro Pointer (introduced 2008)...everyone wanted the falsing issue to be addressed and it to be waterproof. People were putting them in zip-lock bags...LOL Not really a whole lot of serious competition until Makro (Turkey company) introduced their waterproof pinpointer December 2014. Coincidentally.... about the same time the waterproof AT-Pro-pointer II was announced. Did the AT pointer fly ?.....yes....but, a whole lot of waterproof pinpointers to choose from now.
September 05, 2018 01:41AM
I'll be waiting on all those buyers videos.

tboykin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately White's underestimated the demand fo
> r this machine, and is currently back ordered on T
> DI BH's. Should have more built by next week.
>
> Judging by the demand, it was a good move to water
> proof the TDI. I too am excited to see what the Ma
> nta can do, but as they say "A detector in hand is
> worth two in development."
September 06, 2018 11:22PM
Santa will be here Dec.25th. Lets not forget the "Tooth fairy" and Easter Bunny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2018 10:09AM by texkinzee.
September 07, 2018 12:45PM
Curious, Tex, about your use of quote marks. So, you're saying Santa and the Easter Bunny are real, but the "Tooth Fairy" is not? Bummer!

Wayne
September 07, 2018 12:51PM
Ha....maybe we just aint seeing him as often..... false teeth has hurt business at our age.
September 08, 2018 10:30AM
The original TDI would not have worked. It took a larger battery to get its depth.
September 08, 2018 10:04PM
correction requested. Original big box TDI= 2009.....,big box TDI Pro= 2010......., compact box TDI SL= 2011......,waterproof TDI = 2018
September 09, 2018 03:02PM
2011---------2018---Duuuh.