Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEW NOKTA/MAKRO ANFIBIO

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: NEW NOKTA/MAKRO ANFIBIO
September 16, 2018 04:22AM
I can see what is trying to be conveyed by the software differences and such.

I did NOT like the Impact detector. I liked how it was packaged and I liked how it was built. It air tested really well. But that's really where the LIKES ended for me. The consensus on the forums is that the Multi Kruzer is an improved version of the Impact when it comes to overall operation. I am of that belief as well. It's still not quite perfect but I like it better than any of the previous Nokta/Makro machines I have owned and used. The Amfibio may be an improvement from the Kruzer line, but without seeing anything on it or knowing anything more than we do now....who knows what those improvements are or how much? Somebody with an older Nokta/Makro machine might see the biggest difference by going to it, whereas somebody like me with a Multi Kruzer might not really see it. I think the coil is going to make the biggest difference; everyone has been used to seeing those elliptical 8x11 coils as stock coils for these machines, which comes out to roughly a 9.5 to 10 inch round coil equiv. An 11 inch round coil will add some coverage and depth over those.
September 16, 2018 05:27AM
Well looks like it finds bottle caps just as good as the next
September 16, 2018 09:36AM
With respect Monte, personally i don't feel a software tweek and a change of wardrobe qualifys as new tech, not when you compare it to the massive strides ML made with the Nox.

Monte Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
ghound
So,, to cut a long
> story short, no new tech, just the same old single
> freq tweeked and repackaged in a new suit.
[/co
> lor]
That's not what I said.
>
> The Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic look similar in
> packaging, but they are not the same frequency and
> while they have some similar search modes, they ar
> e different.
>
> The Makro Racer and Racer 2 are both 14 kHz units,
> and share some similar modes but they were enginee
> red differently and perform different. The Nokta
> Impact has three selectable frequencies but the de
> fault turn-on frequency is 14 kHz. The Makro Kruz
> er is 14 kHz and the three-frequency selectable Mu
> lti-Kruzer also defaults to turn-on at 14 kHz. Bu
> t the Racer, Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer and Multi-Kru
> zer working at 14 kHz and even using the same sear
> ch mode do not all function the same. It's not ju
> st different physical design but in the software e
> ngineering where they have made changes. To some p
> eople, they seem to work kind of similar, but to a
> n avid user they are not the same.
>
> The new Anfibio series will also bring some differ
> ent technology to the table, and some of us will e
> njoy it.
>
> Monte
September 16, 2018 09:52AM
I was test it Invenio. You can say: nothing special because this is VLF old technology. No. Because the key is software. I was testing many other 3D dataloggers and that one rocks. You can see on my movie.
September 16, 2018 12:49PM
deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 12:53PM by Curbdog.
September 16, 2018 12:50PM
When you see a company like Makro/Nokta annually coming out with new machines, the steps forward may seem smaller compared to Minelab and the Nox.

Heck, Minelab sits on the same units for much, much, longer. They come out with the Nox and it seems like a gargantuan leap being that it's a lighter unit with multi-freq. Wow. What an epic move. (rolls eyes)
September 16, 2018 01:28PM
Yes, but coming out so often with a new slightly improved detector means you lose a bucket of cash to shift the old one. What money is a 2nd hand Kruzer worth now, a machine not a year old, in comparison a 5yr old Etrac is still holding about 50% of it's original price.
Perhaps ML also made a mistake offering the Nox at such a low price, it probably hit their own sales, but i'd also guess there's a new model on the way to replace the CTX.

Curbdog Wrote:
> When you see a company like Makro/Nokta annually c
> oming out with new machines, the steps forward may
> seem smaller compared to Minelab and the Nox.
>
> Heck, Minelab sits on the same units for much, muc
> h, longer. They come out with the Nox and it seems
> like a gargantuan leap being that it's a lighter u
> nit with multi-freq. Wow. What an epic move. (roll
> s eyes)
September 16, 2018 01:31PM
Minelab should sell cheaper because here in Europe they are not sale too much. XP, NOKTA, GARRETT yes but not peoples from Australia. The main problem? Price. Mienalb machines are good, but overpriced. Period.
September 16, 2018 01:41PM
Maybe there's an import tax or similar in some countries which adds to the cost and makes them seem too expensive, but the UK is full of ML units.

Shelton Wrote:
> Minelab should sell cheaper because here in Europe
> they are not sale too much. XP, NOKTA, GARRETT yes
> but not peoples from Australia. The main problem?
> Price. Mienalb machines are good, but overpriced.
> Period.
September 16, 2018 01:44PM
Price, not taxes. CTX and E-trac even used are still very expensive. I love CTX and E-trac, but if they upgrade it to better performance I will pay for it. Now I get many other brands cheaper. Here the main brand is Garrett. Mostly yellow units.
September 16, 2018 03:25PM
Time will tell....do like the multi unit …..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 03:39PM by calabash digger.
September 16, 2018 05:33PM
The Nox is news for 2 reasons:

First light weight waterproof ML multifreaker

Aggressive price.

At 6 pounds weight or $2500 price it would be a much less attractive and market pleasing machine.

The Minelab “faithful” were blown away by the shockingly low price. The rest of the customers saw it a a good value multi role machine.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 16, 2018 05:39PM
Any more info on their new probe? It has two heads, one for a scuba detector, the other as a probe.

It's wireless and links with the Multi Kruzer (software upgrade on Kruzers required?), but how does it opperate? Does it function like a Sun Ray inline probe?

IF it works like a wireless Sun Ray inline probe, major score IMO thumbs down
September 16, 2018 05:49PM
So they didn't offer the probe for the impact. What I liked was you could (if I read it right) hear it through your head phones? Is it pulse? What makes it better than what is out there now? I understand it is two probes in one...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 16, 2018 07:18PM
To me its just an improved F75/T2 the same as the Racer Impact Kruzer were/are just like the Velox was a GMP i wonder if the deep mode is deeper than the F75 boost mode and 14 inch dimes are now in range ? maybe the bigger coil makes this possible, the Impact could not beat the F75 in depth but that was with a similar size coil to the F75
September 16, 2018 10:49PM
Shelton Wrote:
> Minelab should sell cheaper because here in Europe
> they are not sale too much. XP, NOKTA, GARRETT yes
> but not peoples from Australia. The main problem?
> Price. Mienalb machines are good, but overpriced.
> Period.

I've heard multiple times that the CTX doesn't sell well in Europe, although it has a following in the UK.
September 17, 2018 02:16AM
I don't see anything wrong with them continually releasing new machines. As a consumer, you just have to be sure to strike while the iron is hot to see if you like a particular model or not. If you don't, you had better send it down the road quick because six months or a year later, it will be considered an older model that you can barely give away. Reading some of the posts on the forums, it's almost as if people consider a detector purchase to be one to last a life time and to never have to upgrade again.

I don't always have to have the latest and greatest. I still have a Galaxy S7 phone, and the model I had before that was the S4. The only reason I bought the S7 was because the S4 charging port would not hold the micro USB cable anymore to charge it. Yesterday or so, they revealed the Galaxy S10. I never saw a need for the S8 or S9. I guess the same goes for detectors for me; it has to be a pretty drastic improvement to wow me. Small incremental improvements really do not have the wow factor. It would have been the same way had the Equinox just been a repackaged CTX or eTrac...wouldn't have even been a blip on my radar or raise an eye brow. Instead it was something radically different that I could honestly see a major improvement with.

When we were vehicle shopping for my wife back in the spring, we found ourselves at the Toyota dealership looking at Rav4s and Highlanders. Wife liked the Rav4 and since it was mainly for her, I didn't mind too much. I liked the 4 Runner better myself but she settled in on that Rav4. I remember asking the sales guy and people in the offices about radical changes coming to the Rav4 that they knew about in the coming months. They of course, said they didn't...nobody would want today's model if they knew the next model would be a big improvement over it and would be out in just a few months. They told me that particular Rav4 engine and body had only been out a little while and wasn't going anywhere any time soon. We bought the hybrid model and a few months later, they revealed the totally revamped 2019 Rav4. New body style, bigger interior, totally revamped and overhauled. That's just the way it goes. At least detectors are only a few hundred dollars.
September 17, 2018 05:46AM
Look at the bright side with that Rav4, Daniel. It's a tried and true axiom in the car industry that first year design vehicles have the most repair issues.