Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FUTURE OF NOKTA&MAKRO

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FUTURE OF NOKTA&MAKRO
September 17, 2018 12:02AM
Hello everybody...
I have been in the UK since Monday and just got done with Detectival this evening.

I have been reading some of the posts and comments and I figured the best way to address some of the questions you have would be to start a new thread so it is easier for me to follow them.
Please understand that I have always tried my best to be as transparent as I can while writing on these forums and sharing info.

First of all, Detectival has been great (except for the timeframe where I was literally buried underground).

Yes, we did announce a few products there and I will just try to give you a short rundown here and then I can answer any questions you may have...

Please note that we just announced the merger of the brands moving forward… this means we will no longer produce products under separate brands… soon we will consolidate the websites/Facebook pages and all. This is all done with the best intentions to simplify everything for our dealers, our valued customers ...and for Nokta&Makro to be able to focus more on developing new technologies and products rather than trying to provide products for 2 brands. You all pretty much know the history of our company - 4 years ago Nokta & Makro companies merged..but we had to keep the two brands separate as the distribution channels were different in many countries around the world. So we had to feed the two brands with products....since the merger of the companies, I personally have been trying to push both brands thru the same channel so we could eventually combine them...But believe me guys it took me 4 years to finally achieve this goal and consolidate the brands--... some of you guys, naturally, only look at what is happening around you in 1 country only! But please do not forget that we deal with the whole world.... in many countries around the world, especially in non-English speaking countries, customers are not even aware that Nokta&Makro has been the same company for almost 4 years now... just to make my case clear I will give you an example - we started working with a new reseller in one of the Asian countries - when we were discussing our first order, the dealer listed the Makro products he wanted and when we asked about Nokta, he said - no, thank you Makro is a better brand..no matter what we said, we could not make him understand that it is the same company, same engineers and same sales team. Another and a similar example is that while I was attending a dealer day in a another country, I was told that customers in that specific country believed Nokta was Lexus and Makro was Toyota... funny but real…what I am trying to explain you is that while some of our releases upset a few people, please try to look at it from our point of view. We had to produce products for both brands ..and because we release them at a faster pace than what the customers in certain countries, such as the USA are used to, I am aware of the fact that it upsets certain customers. If you look at the manufacturers in any industry today, whether it is the cars or cell phones, they constantly offer new products because development is an ongoing process and demands and needs differ from individual to individual, country to country… Now, if as a manufacturer we are to be blamed for listening to our customers and for developing products and offering them pretty fast, then yes we are guilty ….but also very proud of our really hard work and our worldwide increasing brand awareness.

With the consolidation of 2 brands, we are discontinuing a few of our products (Golden Sense/Velox/ Fors Series) and start with a new fresh product line up on our new website soon -

The Anfibio Series - I see that there are positive and negative comments on this one - now to clear it up - Guys, no need to get upset – we did not go to Detectival and create any hype – we sincerely shared what we have in the pipeline with everybody – did not make any claims other than what we have been told by our testers, did not say it will obsolete anything, and neither did we ask anybody to sell their newly bought Impact and/or Kruzer to buy the Anfibio. If you are happy with your Impact or Kruzer – please keep it and we will be more than happy.
Anfibio will be distributed to dealers next month… once it is in the hands of the users, you can decide for yourself whether you want it or not. Anfibio comes with our new design coil + 7 optional coil to choose from – And yes they are all compatible with the Kruzer series! Among the 7 optional coils – we will offer a new 9’’ concentric coil which many users have been asking for!

The Scuba Pointer - Scuba Detector + Pinpointer - patent pending, 2-in-1 device and it is pulse.

Simplex - Entry Level, Waterproof (fully submersible) with built in wireless module - 2 versions between $249 - $399. This will be the first waterproof detector at this price point.

Our future simultaneous multi-freq. device - planned to share the design / form of the enrty level one (with slight changes) as the form is pretty light and compact -- looking for inputs/feedbacks in terms of what the customers would like to see in this device – unique ideas/features or anything that you believe is currently lacking on other simultaneous freq. devices.

I will stop here as I have slept a total of 6 hours in 3 days but will answer any questions you have… thank you all!!
Re: FUTURE OF NOKTA&MAKRO
September 17, 2018 01:07AM
Nokta & Makro make great detectors and are super fast to respond to customers needs and wishes.

tabman
September 17, 2018 01:10AM
The simul multi-freq unit is to be 'entry-level'?
September 17, 2018 01:14AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The simul multi-freq unit is to be 'entry-level'?

No... the entry level will be available hopefully early next year...the simultaneous frequency one is in development ...cannot give you any estimated timeline at this point..they just happen to share the same mechanical design (with small differences) which is light, compact and waterproof...hope it is clear...
September 17, 2018 01:34AM
((( Thanks for quick -early post- clarification. )))
September 17, 2018 01:53AM
Nice,,, am very interested in the simultaneous multi freq. thumbs down

I do have a related question though Dilek:

Is there a place (Facebook, etc) that we can officially submit a name for the unit so that we’re not just posting it on forums and then others could potentially claim they cane up with the name 1st? I missed it if you’ve provided it already.

Thanks in advance.
September 17, 2018 02:01AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> Nice,,, am very interested in the simultaneous mul
> ti freq. thumbs down
>
> I do have a related question though Dilek:
>
> Is there a place (Facebook, etc) that we can offic
> ially submit a name for the unit so that we’re not
> just posting it on forums and then others could po
> tentially claim they cane up with the name 1st? I
> missed it if you’ve provided it already.
>
> Thanks in advance.

As soon as I get back to the office this week, I will get it done...

Thanks for the patience...
September 17, 2018 02:48AM
Nokta-Makro thanks for doing your job....and doing it well. Technology is a world thing, not just a USA thing or Turkey thing. Think of cell phones, automobiles, ect....electronics are in everything. Keep moving forward, but don't forget the past.....we can learn from it. My understanding of "Hype"....A public announcement that presents a product better (or worse) than it really is. It is understandable that any company would want to advertise their product in a good light, but nothing earthly is perfect. Nokta-Makro you have great products, what makes it a great company is great Customer-Support (the other 50%). Both halves is success. Keep it up.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2018 04:13AM by Arkansas.
September 17, 2018 03:43AM
What is the new merger name? Still Nokta or Makro or combined names?
I didn't see it in the post unless I missed it.
September 17, 2018 04:07AM
Looks like it's Nokta&Makro. It's in the subject heading and mentioned thusly: "and for Nokta&Makro to be able to focus more on developing new technologies and products rather than trying to provide products for 2 brands.

I could be wrong, or they could still change it, I suppose.

Wayne
September 17, 2018 05:16AM
Dilek enjoyed seeing your under ground Exposé ! So SMF detector is in the same housing as the waterproof Simplex, don't see an issue there.

Can you elaborate on the new wireless pinpointer capabilities? Are we talking an inline wireless probe OR something different? I need a new probe, glad I waited...I think. Not sure if PI is good in a probe or not?
September 17, 2018 05:28AM
GreenMeanie
What is the new merger name? Still Nokta or Makro or combined names? I didn't see it in the post unless I missed it.
Nokta/Makro Detection Technologies
September 17, 2018 07:07AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Dilek enjoyed seeing your under ground Exposé !
> So SMF detector is in the same housing as the wate
> rproof Simplex, don't see an issue there.
>
> Can you elaborate on the new wireless pinpointer c
> apabilities? Are we talking an inline wireless pr
> obe OR something different? I need a new probe, g
> lad I waited...I think. Not sure if PI is good in
> a probe or not?

Hello!! Can you clarify what you mean by inline wireless?
September 17, 2018 07:25AM
Not to speak for Cal_cobra, but since he's likely asleep right now, I'll offer my understanding of what he means. I think by "inline" probe, he's referring to a pinpointer that runs through the detection algorithms of the machine itself -- i.e. when using the pinpointer and it detects an object, the resulting signal is run through the detector itself, to be assigned a tone and visual ID number by the machine's processor and then that information is outputted to the user, just as if the detector itself had detected the object.

Steve
September 17, 2018 08:24AM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dilek enjoyed seeing your under ground Exposé !
> > So SMF detector is in the same housing as the wa
> te
> > rproof Simplex, don't see an issue there.
> >
> > Can you elaborate on the new wireless pinpointer
> c
> > apabilities? Are we talking an inline wireless
> pr
> > obe OR something different? I need a new probe,
> g
> > lad I waited...I think. Not sure if PI is good
> in
> > a probe or not?
>
> Hello!! Can you clarify what you mean by inline wi
> reless?

Basically the probe would be synchronized with the detector and the detecting mode/tones, so if you move it over a target, you'd receive the same TID and audio tone as if you were moving the search coil over the target.

If it doesn't do that, then what wireless function does it perform?

If it doesn't do that, your engineers need to test a Sun Ray probe on say a ML Explorer or Etrac. Then package that functionality into a wireless probe to work with the Impact, Kruzers, and whatever else you make that can run it.
September 17, 2018 09:33AM
Continued success Dilek. George Kinsey
September 17, 2018 09:46AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cal_cobra Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Dilek enjoyed seeing your under ground Exposé
> !
> > > So SMF detector is in the same housing as the
> wa
> > te
> > > rproof Simplex, don't see an issue there.
> > >
> > > Can you elaborate on the new wireless pinpoint
> er
> > c
> > > apabilities? Are we talking an inline wireles
> s
> > pr
> > > obe OR something different? I need a new prob
> e,
> > g
> > > lad I waited...I think. Not sure if PI is goo
> d
> > in
> > > a probe or not?
> >
> > Hello!! Can you clarify what you mean by inline
> wi
> > reless?
>
>
> Basically the probe would be synchronized with the
> detector and the detecting mode/tones, so if you m
> ove it over a target, you'd receive the same TID a
> nd audio tone as if you were moving the search coi
> l over the target.
>
> If it doesn't do that, then what wireless function
> does it perform?
>
> If it doesn't do that, your engineers need to test
> a Sun Ray probe on say a ML Explorer or Etrac. Th
> en package that functionality into a wireless prob
> e to work with the Impact, Kruzers, and whatever e
> lse you make that can run it.

Ok..no that's not what I meant with wireless... Sorry for the confusion. The pinpointer pairs with our wireless headphones.
September 17, 2018 09:55AM
Dilek
The Anfibio Series

Dilek

Do you have a road map of where the Anfibio series development is headed as in machines developed for more specialized tasks?

Will the Multi be part of this series?

Link

Tom
September 17, 2018 09:59AM
Might have missed it.....Is the American price announced for the Anfibio? Is it going to come in a package like in the past including the case?
September 17, 2018 12:47PM
Dilek, Congratz on your successful product presentation! I also would like to applaud you taking the time and addressing this(as well ass) other forums!

For me, it is too early to have any questions of significance.

I will say this, to me, the way the Nox was presented, as well as the way you presented your products are both fine and is what is called showmanship. Nothing wrong with that.

Was the Nox hyped up? Sure. But that is part of the advertising. If anyone felt that all metal detectors would become obsolete just because a certain machine was released, needs get out more often!
September 17, 2018 12:54PM
Ms. Dilek, thanks for your inclusive update.Hope you and yours have the best of luck.
September 17, 2018 03:44PM
It still seems that you have left the impact behind not being able to use the new coils or the pin pointer. I'll retire it and get the deus and the nox 800

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 17, 2018 04:50PM
Pinpointer? No reason to retire a good detector.
September 18, 2018 12:19AM
If the Impact is working well why retire ??? I have a Tom tuned certified to 12 inches CZ 3D that has been left way behind but I wont be retiring it any time soon.
cjc
September 18, 2018 12:27AM
Thanks for the update, Dilek. Always excited to see whats going on with your cutting edge products. I've been sednig the VR demo to everyone I know we are all very impressed with it.
Kind Regards,
clive
September 18, 2018 03:18PM
I love my MMK and all I want is a wireless pinpointer that will work with the wireless headphones. That would make the MMK perfect!
September 18, 2018 03:24PM
I can sympathize with Lawrenzo. In fact I agree with him. Just watching them makes me want to NOT buy any of their offerings new in the box.

So the thought process was that the IMPACT was going to be their flag ship hobby detector, and that with the USB downloadable updates (which work flawlessly by the way) we would continue to see the "flagship" model updated as tweaks and enhancements were developed. Flagship flagship stuff. But instead of the implied updates to the top tier with software enhancements, which would include a wireless pinpointer, you get parked in the parking lot watching the new ones whiz by.

Makro/Nokta is basically telling you to either wait to buy their product because next year its going to be old news, or research it carefully because it will be outdated equipment when you purchase it. Translation: better to buy used when thinking Makro/Nokta.

Anyway....I see it.

HH
Mike
September 18, 2018 03:34PM
Thanks Mike...they should have never mentioned their new machine coming out end 2019. I think they are going to lose sales in the US for those of us that have the impact and the Kruzer. And in 2019 I think we will see some other companies come out with new machines. The Nox 800 may have been updated a few times and fixed some of the problems it is having now.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 03:38PM by Lawrenzo.
September 18, 2018 04:04PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> It still seems that you have left the impact behind not being able to use the new coils or the pin pointer. I'll retire it and get the deus and the nox 800

Thought you already had the Dues? The Dues is the ONLY detector I've seen out there that has had continuous updates since it's inception. But let's be perfectly honest, most of those updates are pushing new coil sales and whatnot.

The Impact and Kruzer basically share the same coils, and if the Kruzer can use the new coils, I don't see why the Impact wouldn't be able to....but there's already a healthy selection of coils for the Impact. The wireless pinpointer Dilek only pairs with the headphones, so not really a big deal IMO. BTW if as Dilek mentioned the pinpointer pairs with the headphones, then it should be detector agnostic, my Impact headphones work with my Racer2 and my Multi Kruzer, so why wouldn't the pinpointer work with them? We'll have to wait and see what the deal is, maybe you just need to have the right version of headphones? This seems like something they could easily sort out and I agree the pinpointer should work with the Impact as it's currently positioned as their flagship unit.

What updates do you want on the Impact? The Kruzer software updates were minor, more bug fixes than anything, I have not updated mine as it runs perfectly as is.

Honestly, no matter what they do, it's always going to be a case of “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. Hey it's not like you shelled out $1500 for a F75 LTD (with upgrade to LTD2) and it's now worthless.....just sayin!

The Impact is a beast, I'd keep it. Only thing I didn't like about it was the weight/ergonomics to me were a mess, functionality wise though, great detector!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 05:48PM by Cal_cobra.
September 18, 2018 04:06PM
cjc Wrote:
> Thanks for the update, Dilek. Always excited to see whats going on with your cutting edge products.
> I've been sednig the VR demo to everyone I know we are all very impressed with it.
> Kind Regards,
> clive

Clive where's this VR demo?