Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pulltabs to Gold average

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Pulltabs to Gold average
May 03, 2011 01:50PM
I'm curious what others success ratio between pulltabs and gold is. Its been 6 weeks and 500 pulltabs and foil since my last gold ring. Being a single father of 2, I probably dont get out nearly as much as I would like.
Thanks
Re: Pulltabs to Gold average
May 03, 2011 01:53PM
For me it is well into the thousands for tabs and foil vs gold, but probably a lot of that is down to where I hunt.

Drew.
May 03, 2011 02:15PM
I have found five gold rings with diamonds in the last month and a half....On Sunday I was hunting a park I have worked for about six years a small park that only the people that live in the twenty houses use...there is histroy that dates back to the 1890s but the park was built in the 1940s. Anyway I always hit targets in the range of mid 40 through mid 50 and pulled out two rings one being a 18k gold ring. I would think if you are working a real trashy park it is a matter of luck to find gold.

But I have been very lucky over the years of my detecting...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 03, 2011 06:56PM
You can increase your odds by being very selective of where you hunt, or put it this way, where you dig pop tabs down. Since most of the jewelry is worn by women, to me it stands to reason that most of what I can find will be womens rings and jewelry. Now that said I try to dig the lower ID numbers, nickel and below. I checked in my log and the last 4 rings were women's rings that registered well below a nickel.

Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm curious what others success ratio between
> pulltabs and gold is. Its been 6 weeks and 500
> pulltabs and foil since my last gold ring. Being a
> single father of 2, I probably dont get out nearly
> as much as I would like.
> Thanks
May 03, 2011 08:17PM
Markg has the right idea...about 1/3 of the gold rings lost are foil on a metered unit....dig foil as thats where the thin womens gold rings some with nice stones are found and increase your odds...As far as tabs the parks I hunt are loaded with pulltabs I would never get off of my knees if I dug all of them while there sure is foil not 10 percent of the tabs. Only dig a tab if I get that gut feeling or perhaps it just sounds different which stands to reason as tabs are much lighter than a much heavier gold ring even if reading the same on a meter...
May 04, 2011 11:40AM
Location.....location......location. ((( Hint: Try the outfield of baseball fields......if allowed. This is away from spectators trash. ))).
May 04, 2011 12:07PM
Yes, yes, yes, I never thought of that one.
May 04, 2011 12:15PM
Good thought Tom but the infield to me in the direction of first base gets the most action but of course before and after the season as imagine in season a no-no....Once hunted the home field of the 1901 XXXXXXX braves and only one broken gold class ring from 1923 but came away with silver back to seated and most indian head pennies(10) I ever dug in one hunt so don't rule out those farmland baseball fields from way back when...hundreds at best watched a Sunday game before TV's and PC's...Might investigate old bleacher areas and sidelines areas where spectators put down a blanket and watched also. Might now be a farm crop field but thats where research comes in...
May 04, 2011 03:16PM
Seed planted. Brain triggered!