Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like 10,000 reasons to buy a Tesoro spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like 10,000 reasons to buy a Tesoro spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 19, 2018 05:28AM
Re: Looks like 10,000 reasons to buy a Tesoro spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 19, 2018 08:02AM
Anyone who has used a Tesoro for a period of time knows that there are lots of reasons to buy one. jmho cool smiley
Re: Looks like 10,000 reasons to buy a Tesoro spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 19, 2018 10:21AM
I would have to agree. Also, no need to defend your ownership of a Tesoro to anyone, no matter how good of a YouTube video maker they are.

GoPro stop recording. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 10:22AM by Dan B.
November 19, 2018 11:24AM
That Lobo must be defective, there is no way a Tesoro could find a find like that tongue sticking out smiley
November 19, 2018 12:04PM
Dan B Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would have to agree. Also, no need to defend you
> r ownership of a Tesoro to anyone, no matter how g
> ood of a YouTube video maker they are.
>
> GoPro stop recording. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lol. On the stop recording.

Looks like normx2 hit pay dirt with Tesoro too.
[metaldetectingforum.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 12:10PM by tnsharpshooter.
November 19, 2018 12:13PM
Back in the day (well not that long ago) if you were a UK detectorist you were using a Tesoro.
Once sold a Lobo to a well known UK detectorist.
November 19, 2018 02:13PM
In just one hunt my $251 dollar Mojave paid for itself many times over and so have my other Tesoro detectors. Tesoro detectors deliver the goods! Gold Coin

tabman
November 19, 2018 02:29PM
Oh my this guy was not using a Tesoro...gold coin digital
November 19, 2018 02:29PM
I am wondering where the GMP from XP originate........

RR
November 19, 2018 02:34PM
this guy was using a digital detector too. Whats up with that? I will say this the Tesoro crowd is a faithful bunch.gold coin.... gold coin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2018 02:36PM by calabash digger.
November 19, 2018 02:37PM
What detector took over the U.K relic market? Jackpine Wrote:
> Back in the day (well not that long ago) if you we
> re a UK detectorist you were using a Tesoro.
> Once sold a Lobo to a well known UK detectorist.
November 19, 2018 03:27PM
tabman Wrote:
> In just one hunt my $251 dollar Mojave paid for it
> self many times over and so have my other Tesoro d
> etectors. Tesoro detectors deliver the goods! [url
> =http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/5
> 31155-tesoro-mojave-injun-tracks-down-silver-coin-
> spill-finds-gold-coin.html#post5297924]Gold Coin[/
> url]
>
> tabman

Well the same could be said for any detector that makes a good find.

For example I found a 1916D merc w/my $450 Racer 2, plus a ton of other nice finds over the period of a summer at a park demo, so it paid for itself ten fold by the time the summer was over.
My Impact found a rare $5 gold coin at an old site, paid for the Impact five times over in a single hunt.

They all find stuff, you just have to use them, and a little luck never hurts thumbs down
November 19, 2018 05:47PM
Sure, lots of different machines will find great stuff. The difference is, I only know of one person who feels the need to expend time and energy constantly bashing machines that others enjoy using. I've had what I consider some "stinkers" over the years, but I don't feel the need to make everyone see it my way. If it works for you, awesome. It's almost all about location anyway. Don't get the coil over it, it's not going to be in your display case.
November 19, 2018 06:54PM
10,000 reasons but innovation ain't one.
November 19, 2018 07:16PM
I always get a laugh from the argument that because detector XXX found a valuable item it MUST be great and everyone should have one (or at least respect them). Fact of the matter is, there are junk detectors, there are lots of good detectors and a handful of great detectors. What makes a detector "great" depends on a lot of factors. The best detector for me, in my area, for my targets may not be the best for you. Heck, I've picked up silver and gold rings on the surface over the years, no detector needed. Lots of valuable items are within reach of even the crappiest metal detector. What should make you take notice of any machine is the consistency of finds finds and the ability to handle the conditions you hunt.
November 20, 2018 01:33AM
coinspader Wrote:
> Anyone who has used a Tesoro for a period of time
> knows that there are lots of reasons to buy one. j
> mho cool smiley

yes sir!..what he say!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 01:38AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> That Lobo must be defective, there is no way a Tes
> oro could find a find like that tongue sticking out smiley

yeah! definitely f**ked!..operator "got lucky!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 01:41AM
tabman Wrote:
> In just one hunt my $251 dollar Mojave paid for it
> self many times over and so have my other Tesoro d
> etectors. Tesoro detectors deliver the goods! [url
> =http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/5
> 31155-tesoro-mojave-injun-tracks-down-silver-coin-
> spill-finds-gold-coin.html#post5297924]Gold Coin[/
> url]
>
> tabman

outrageous find!.. banner!.. i own one too!
this dog can hunt! ."short money" fun!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 01:45AM
Dan B Wrote:
> Sure, lots of different machines will find great s
> tuff. The difference is, I only know of one person
> who feels the need to expend time and energy const
> antly bashing machines that others enjoy using. I'
> ve had what I consider some "stinkers" over the ye
> ars, but I don't feel the need to make everyone se
> e it my way. If it works for you, awesome. It's al
> most all about location anyway. Don't get the coil
> over it, it's not going to be in your display case
> .

"dead nuts" right! ..no argument here!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 01:55AM
People can compare and argue about who has the better model metal detector. Success still depends on location.....least 80 percent. Heck Karl Von Mueller found treasure with the Garrett BFO
November 20, 2018 01:56AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> 10,000 reasons but innovation ain't one.

(b.s.)..innovation in a metal detector is NOT a "pre requisite" for making "good finds!" never has been,and never will be! ..beware the man who owns just one detector,and knows his instrument.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 02:04AM
Even people who take a knife to a gun fight get lucky sometimes...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 20, 2018 02:10AM
Arkansas Wrote:
> People can compare and argue about who has the bet
> ter model metal detector. Success still depends on
> location.....least 80 percent. Heck Karl Von Muell
> er found treasure with the Garrett BFO

well stated!.. simple analogs,digitals with tons of "bells and whistles"in the final analysis,like real estate,it's location,location,location,and KNOWING your detectors "unique
''audio" language!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 02:32AM
I know a guy who has an old Explorer XS and thats pretty much all he has ever used, he knows it like the back of his hand and I get embarrassed every time we hunt in the same area because he always out finds me no matter what I am using. I think knowing your machine is the key no matter what it is. I agree with that.
November 20, 2018 04:13AM
I know of a very secretive treasure hunter that travels all over the world with some type pulse machine. The coil is the size of a trash can lid. He spends most of his time doing research....old maps, talking to old farmers, ect.... He goes in the field with odds in his favour. He brags very little and doesnt make videos. Last I talked to him he had something going on in New Mexico.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 04:28AM by Arkansas.
November 20, 2018 04:44AM
coinspader Wrote:
> I know a guy who has an old Explorer XS and thats pretty much all he has ever used, he knows it like the back of his hand and I get embarrassed every time we hunt in the same area because he always ou
> t finds me no matter what I am using. I think knowing your machine is the key no matter what it is.
> I agree with that.

My friend Tom has been using the Explorer2 since it came out, what 15 years ago, the guy can flat out hunt - deep turf silver, salt water beach, or relic sites, doesn't matter, he knows that machine inside out and has the finds to prove it. 15 gold coins to his credit says something. He both knows his machine and also subscribes to the location, location, location theory. Great guy to detect with, we've had some great adventures and hope to have many more smileys with beer
November 20, 2018 04:49AM
right! guys who have been at this for a long time! NEVER reveal anything! not interested in attention! could care less! no movies no tv, no forums,no internet!..nothin!..the less anybody knows,the better..why tempt fate,or worse?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 04:51AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> coinspader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I know a guy who has an old Explorer XS and that
> s pretty much all he has ever used, he knows it li
> ke the back of his hand and I get embarrassed eve
> ry time we hunt in the same area because he always
> ou
> > t finds me no matter what I am using. I think kn
> owing your machine is the key no matter what it is
> .
> > I agree with that.
>
> My friend Tom has been using the Explorer2 since i
> t came out, what 15 years ago, the guy can flat ou
> t hunt - deep turf silver, salt water beach, or re
> lic sites, doesn't matter, he knows that machine i
> nside out and has the finds to prove it. 15 gold
> coins to his credit says something. He both know
> s his machine and also subscribes to the location,
> location, location theory. Great guy to detect wi
> th, we've had some great adventures and hope to ha
> ve many more smileys with beer

damn! straight! .."smart money!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.
November 20, 2018 02:04PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 10,000 reasons but innovation ain't one.
>
> (b.s.)..innovation in a metal detector is NOT a "p
> re requisite" for making "good finds!"
never has b
> een,and never will be! ..beware the man who owns j
> ust one detector,and knows his instrument.
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

My first detector was a Bandito so i know how good they are. However, everyone can agree, in order to grow you have to change and with change comes innovations or improvements. Tesoro's sheer lack of change signifies a company that refuses to grow. Any experienced detector knows how good the Tesoros are. Imagine if they actually took the time to improve them.
November 20, 2018 03:25PM
Im gonna film everything I can. When im dead and gone my grandkids can look back at my adventures and say ole grandpa was a real treasure hunter. Or I could keep those things secret and let the adventures die with me. I choose the former....Another thing whats the point of finding killer stuff and never showing it? JMARTY comments above make no sense to me...its like guys who film and post their finds are BAD...What kind of thinking is that?

This is a little off topic but I have ran into this more than once...

Seems to me the guys who get offended by others posting their finds are normally the guys not finding much. I have had fruit loops comment about me posting my finds on multiple forums and I just shake my head. The internet is a interesting place sometimes. Envy and jealousy can be hard emotions to deal with and if someone has a problem with them over others finds they might need to quit looking at them.
I

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 03:38PM by calabash digger.