Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tejon verse Nokta Makro Anfibio 9 inch coil

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Tejon verse Nokta Makro Anfibio 9 inch coil
December 05, 2018 03:41AM
That's funny! Tesoro said its a coin machine....tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well,
> Seems a person wanting to get into detecting, shou
> ld they believe what a manufacture claims about on
> e of their detector models?
>
> Maybe after reading here, maybe the folks at Tesor
> o are the real nutjobs.
>
> Read the intro here as far as Tejon detector goes.
> [www.tesoro.com]
> n.html
>
> Designed from the ground up with coin and relic hu
> nters in mind. Um
December 05, 2018 03:42AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> The video is really not for you ski whiz it is to
> help the non Tesoro cult members not to BECOME Tes
> oro cult members.!cool smiley

Why would you care about that. Does so called Tesoro cult members affect your life.
December 05, 2018 03:47AM
I like Nokta (for certain sites), but I also like Tesoro (for certain sites). Cal doesnt like Tesoro.....everybody knows that. No reason to watch his videos....... unless you like Ford vs Chevy bashing type videos. In the end, a Ford commercial wont sway a faithful Chevy owner...and visa versa. Tesoro metal detectors are durable....almost too durable. Even if they eventually malfunctioned....Tesoro fixed them for free, forever to anyone. Tesoro couldnt afford that type Warranty. Tesoro stuck with analog metal detectors because they worked and had a following...very niche. I think they could have had kept some analog and at the same time offered other newer tech models. Interesting that Whites had crossover type models like the MXT. Technology waits for no one, not even Whites. Makes me wonder how long Deeptech Vista and Nautilus can hold on. Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 06:52AM by Arkansas.
December 05, 2018 03:47AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON I HAVE EVER SEEN SAY THAT
> ABOUT THE DISC CIRCUIT...….Up to my ____ in Pullta
> bs, Grant Wrote:

People were talking about TESORO years ago on many forums regarding the disc issues.
I found out by using them before these forums started arguing about it. I sold my last TESORO unit over a decade ago.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
December 05, 2018 03:53AM
Any new detector you get is the greatest thing since sliced bread and you always end up going back to a Deus after the newness has worn off. Do you know why? Because you know it like the back of your hand. Any detector is only as good as its user. Here's a challenge use a Tejon for a year solid then come back and tell us your thoughts I guarantee once you learn it nuances you'll have more respect for it.
December 05, 2018 03:54AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well,
> Seems a person wanting to get into detecting, shou
> ld they believe what a manufacture claims about on
> e of their detector models?
>
> Maybe after reading here, maybe the folks at Tesor
> o are the real nutjobs.
>
> Read the intro here as far as Tejon detector goes.
> [www.tesoro.com]
> n.html
>
> Designed from the ground up with coin and relic hu

> nters in mind. Um

God. Do we have to tell you newbies EVERYTHING?? It’s called “marketing”. How else do you think ANY manufacturer is going to make sales if they don’t over hype/mislead the public into believing they’re getting something more for their money than the product may be designed for in one aspect or another? Once you get 25 yrs or more in the field with a good 100 units under the belt and have read at least 100 books on how detectors work and why = you just automatically know which machines are better suited for which job/s. And you also know which ones are good at certain things but great at others even though the marketing hype says it’s made for “whatever”. If some dumbass doesn’t know his units (and the ins/outs of detectors in how/why they work as they do) and which is best for relic hunting vs coin shooting etc = that’s the idiots own problem/fault and lack of experience and understanding as is it is if he falls for all the marketing hype!
December 05, 2018 03:57AM
Bill long Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The video is really not for you ski whiz it is t
> o
> > help the non Tesoro cult members not to BECOME T
> es
> > oro cult members.!cool smiley
>
>
> Why would you care about that. Does so called Tes
> oro cult members affect your life.

Why Bill----why ever would you say such a thing??----I already said earlier that Ole Calabash is on a one man crusade (to save the world from the evils of Tesoro)!!!-------Balls, all this has got me kinda wanting a Tejon!----Got one to sell me Wayne??cool smiley
December 05, 2018 04:01AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> I think millions followed Hitler, Stalin , and Mao
> ... Didnt make them right... Just saying.

Are you kin to any of those guys Calahash?
December 05, 2018 04:07AM
Go stand by the river and smoke a cigarette and talk about finding relics in the water and show us the pull tabs you found.....eye popping smiley I am surrounded by all these so called experts and some of the things they try to pass for knowledge I just cant understand...reminds me of a Steve Miller song. Newbies.....yeah were just to slowwwww boys to figure it out. Oh yeah if your using a Tesoro your blind to the iron content under your coil...
December 05, 2018 04:09AM
The one in the video is for sale!D&P-OR Wrote:
> Bill long Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > calabash digger Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > The video is really not for you ski whiz it is
> t
> > o
> > > help the non Tesoro cult members not to BECOME
> T
> > es
> > > oro cult members.!cool smiley
> >
> >
> > Why would you care about that. Does so called T
> es
> > oro cult members affect your life.
>
>
> Why Bill----why ever would you say such a thing??-
> ---I already said earlier that Ole Calabash is on
> a one man crusade (to save the world from the evil
> s of Tesoro)!!!-------Balls, all this has got me k
> inda wanting a Tejon!----Got one to sell me Wayne?
> ?cool smiley
December 05, 2018 04:13AM
The Tesoros are budget priced detectors.
I never said I believed the manufacturers description of what it is good for.
I have never bought the first Tesoro.
I have used Vaquero, compadre, cibola and Tejon.
Courtesy of a couple Buds.

I can use them, Not hard to do. Based on my experience really with metered units.

Are they more challenging to use in the field. I think so.
Will they find stuff?YES

Would a person catch me in a manicure yard using? NO

What I don’t understand is how, if Tesoro has indeed quit manufacturing units, how are they going to stay in business repairing lifetime warranties detectors for free?
Something smells here.
So, I would be worried about possible future support if I had a unit. Unless of course a person wants to discard and buy another good functioning unit.

I don’t have anything against Tesoro Detectors. Just I think there are models that will satisfy my needs better.
I commented on here a few days ago.
I was hunting using EQX 800 with 6” Coil and a bud of mine had the Kruzer unit with 7” coil. After a while he fired up his cheaper Quest and low and behold made the find of the day. Very nice religious medlallion.
Could have been a Tesoro that did it too,

Me and my bud were tickled when it happened,
Goes to show. Don’t Discount cheaper detectors.
You might be eating crow. Lol
December 05, 2018 04:15AM
You have noticed that the Equinox has become a permanent fixture in my detecting??? If I had to use a Tesoro to detect I would quit...… I am really not kidding ,I would quit the hobby. You are a handicapped relic hunter if your using a Tejon...I know some will disagree and that's ok. I found most of my relics and relic sites from the iron content... You can not do that with a Tejon unless your willing to dig iron till your arm falls off. Handicapped..88junior Wrote:
> Any new detector you get is the greatest thing sin
> ce sliced bread and you always end up going back t
> o a Deus after the newness has worn off. Do you kn
> ow why? Because you know it like the back of your
> hand. Any detector is only as good as its user. He
> re's a challenge use a Tejon for a year solid then
> come back and tell us your thoughts I guarantee on
> ce you learn it nuances you'll have more respect f
> or it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 04:18AM by calabash digger.
December 05, 2018 04:25AM
calabash digger Wrote:

> I am surrounded by all these so called experts and some of the things
> they try to pass for knowledge I just cant understand...reminds me of a Steve Miller song.

I think you are thinking about a Steely Dan song.
December 05, 2018 04:37AM
Maybe so thanks! Whats funny though not one person has refuted what I showed about the disc circuit.... THE DISC CIRCUIT KNOCKS OUT GOOD HIGH CONDUCTIVE TARGETS THAT ARE CHALLENGED ,ALSO LOW TO MID CONDUCTORS. That's a scary thought! Since you dont know whats in the ground (iron content) and whether its challenged or not... no iron tone cripples the Tejon.
December 05, 2018 04:40AM
I always wished Tesoro would make a Vaquero with 2 tone audio. I understand what you're saying I like hearing the ferrous tone and listening for the masked high tone.
December 05, 2018 04:41AM
Sounds like Calabash needs a Gold Gain unit.
Wonder if Deeep tech has anything new coming soon?
Like Gold Gain + or Gold Gain pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 04:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 05, 2018 05:01AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> ..........Whats funny though not one perso
> n has refuted what I showed about the disc circuit
> ....

Why would one waste their time proving anything to you about a machine you dont like.....you dont like Tesoro and that's Ok. We know you are not seriously wanting to be convinced.
December 05, 2018 08:03AM
thought the Tejon hit it better..?? Seemed that way..

Video to me proved how hard it is to hunt behind a Tejon..

I like toned machines for the more intelligence they bring to a site by Knowing where the heavy iron is and ability to not null.. but to sift in iron behind a Tejon is tough..especially with a person who just sets it to nail reject and digs all...I do know that digital machines have came along ways toward unmasking as well as a Analog unit ..I keep pushing for it to get there in my own way.....That's one reason I LOVE DEEPTECHS...they are analog but have newer features..But you may not like them as they wont disc past foil.

Coin hunters and visual tonal IDs can go along ways for digging less trash..but an intermingled target like in video a unseasoned coin hunter might leave it not knowing iron is messing with it.BUT unseasoned coin hunter in that same scenario with Anfibio would he chase that dime with it on ID alone??I see what your trying to prove with the video and that is the Anfibio offers a way to tell theres two targets or more there and one or more of them is iron and one or more is non ferrous but there's co locates there so you know ID will be skewed where as single tone they dont know and check in second disc and walk away..

There's different types of hunters in the world and some of those are the ones who leave things for others..and it doesn't matter which machine they have in hand.

That angle you hit the highest tone (I assume your in three or more tones) on anfibio Should allow the Tejon on that same angle to be able to have a higher disc and still hit it..the angle you check the tejon at is the mid tone level on the Anfibio and even then the anfibio may just be showing a foil ID at that angle I can tell by the way the iron is wanting to swamp in on top of the mid tone...Its got to be close to foil reading...If your were coin hunting and basing to dig or not on that sweep angle alone on anfibio would you dig it??If you sweep tejon coil at high tone angle of Anfibio and had second disc at say copper penny do you think the tejon would still hit it...Probably so...there both doing the same thing there both Vlf detectors with same coil on them and close to same freq..jsut one has tones and ID one just has disc and single tone but youll find that the tejon can through mechanical tuning be very competitive..it just takes more Know how and under standing on how to get the finds with it..But dont discount a savvy user.

Its true the more info you can get on itmes yu dont want to dig in the audio the better your chances of success are for alot of reasons...but theres all types of hunters in the world...And some are in tune with there weapon of choice.

More or less I see a toned machine with a ID screen against a audio only machine...both with same style coil and same freq...BUT I see one slapping a dime better than the other..but you dont know its a dime..BUT the other may not either?? that wasnt expressed in the video..So does the coin hunter still go after target with one machine and not the other?That's all on the hunter.

One thing on a tejon I may add that coin hunters do ..Is they tell by they crispness of the initial hit like in that video..and may flip to second disc if they cherry pick..but the way the second disc reacts speak's too...if it goes completely quite cleanly its a chance its below the disc ..if its gets spikey breaking through the disc setting..and they know the site they know something is trying to bleed through...alot like a ID meter does with spikes..What i do is for fun sometimes is set the second disc at nickle..then if its clean on second disc im sure its a non ferrous..if its crackly or spikey I know it may be a solid hitting conductor between iron and nickle or severly masked higher conductor. ... im digging nail disc no matter either way..unless im clean snipping..But its fun to do..

You can say to yourself im only digging 80+ id's on Anfibio well to do that they will have to be clean peeks at targets in one angle of approach at least...and on a tejon set disc to say Penny range and same thing will happen they will have to be clean peeks in one angle.....Youll probably find youll both dig close the same target's

If you both nail reject only youll find the Tejon may see some stuff the anfibio or whatever I.D. unit does not..or vice versa but I know a tejon and what it will do in iron and its like a GMP in single tone.. so again everyone hunts different..you can have a 1000.00 dollar machine and not have skill and get skunked if your into competition by a 100.00 machine if someone knows how to run it..thats detecting. Next day results may be different.

On a side note something like a machine that brings someone fun and pleasure...that's like talking Politics and Religion ..things that bring people fun to there life are held very dear Things that they are passionate about can cause alot of stir..

Oh yeah If your Tejon knob is factory aligned right the first disc should be at about "I" in foil to reject a nail..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 05, 2018 11:05AM
I try to see the bright side of every story, maybe it will generate me more Abfibio sales.
December 05, 2018 11:54AM
This Tesoro vs other machine thing is always going to get people bent out of shape.

I think it's a lot like a manual shift vehicle vs automatic shift. There are preferences for both. Both have their followers. I can drive both. Some times it's fun to jump in a manual shift vehicle and drive one. My first truck was a 1995 F150 inline 6 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. For a lot of places it was fun to drive. Til I took it to Pigeon Forge, TN one day and thought I was going to die....that place is traffic light after traffic light and stop and go all the time due to the amount of people. The ole clutch foot will get a good workout in places like that.

Kinda like those single tone beep and dig machines. They are fun in some places but in others, I feel there are much better alternatives to make life easier. Both multi tone machines and single tone machines will get you from point A to B but one is easier to do it with.

I also don't understand why people are so hung up on newbie vs veteran time in the hobby. I've noticed the same thing between football fans...some go on like they are that much bigger of a fan because they've been a fan longer. I know some people that have been in the hobby for say, 5 or 10 years and dug far more good stuff than many of the veteran diggers that have been at it for 30+ years. A good online example of that would be the Hoover Boys. None of them have been in the hobby long. Some of you here have more years in the hobby than their whole crew combined. But I guarantee you they've found more things in just what they've shown in their videos, than most out there on the forums in a life time

How many here have found a chain cent? Flowing hair half dime? Hundreds of large cents and state coppers?

I've been at it a long time myself and never found a chain cent. I've only got seated half dimes. And just a handful of large cents....no state coppers. So those guys even have me beat and I've been in the hobby a good 25 years now. I've got thousands of Civil War bullets, hundreds of Civil War buttons including a few good uns from time to time, and one display case with US plates and eagle breast plates in it. A CS plate eludes me to this day.
December 05, 2018 12:04PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> The only take away from this bashing of the Tesoro
> Tejon in the video I get is that the operator does
> n’t know that a true relic hunter using a Tejon wo
> uld never use the 2nd disc knob/trigger combo in t
> he 1st place which makes the entire test null and
> void to begin with.
>
> The Tejon clearly did better on the coin with nail
> s in the hole than the amph. did as the video does
> n’t lie in the performance of the unit as it passe
> s over said target/s.
>
> Now,,, since he hindered the Tejon by using the 2n
> d disc knob set to foil in combination with the tr
> igger showing that it causes the unit to struggle/
> null the coin out = to be 100% honest and fair in
> this “comparison/head to head test” = the “tester”
> needs to show us the exact same setup/setting on t
> he amph. unit too as to let us seen how it perform
> s and what happens when it too is set to reject fo
> il when running it over the same target/s. If not
> then this was nothing more than a wasted attempt t
> o showboat and wrongly bash one unit vs another fo
> r some unknown reason/s by setting one unit up to
> fail while not being forthright and equal in the “
> testing/comparison”.

+1 and when the TID numbers are still all over the place it's not an advancement in tech.
December 05, 2018 01:39PM
A Tejon with its discrimination set at nail reject doesn't leave much in its path for other detectors to find. I'm not a bigtime relic hunter, but it's my understanding that you dig ALL non-ferrous targets. I'm happy to see that some of the detector companies are now starting to realize how well concentric search coils discriminate. I wish Deeptech would design a 7 or 8-inch concentric search for my Smart Plus.

tabman
December 05, 2018 01:59PM
It seems that an old Fisher 1266 could do as well as the Tejon as close to same Disc. set up? Being at a lower Frequency maybe a better silver coin cherry picker in iron? No GB but in mild ground should not matter. Be interesting to throw it in the test garden mix since it's a Relic legend in it's own rite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 02:08PM by Harold,ILL..
December 05, 2018 02:14PM
Keith I hear what your saying... I really do. The point really for me is this you dont know what iron content is under the coil in real time and as you know that can change the way a person is hunting slowing way down, sked ID and tones ETC . So when you turn that disc up and TRUST IT (coin shooters and even some relic situations) its gone.....( I guess you could run the disc where the nails would come in and use the Alt disc to cross check them when your trying to determine the iron content. Just what I want to do cross check hundreds of nails..) At least with the Anfibio it tells me there is a ton of iron in that hole with the silver dime in REAL time and I can add that to my dig or dont dig decision. A newbie with the Tejon walks off after checking it with so called ALT Disc.

Compared to the Anfibio your blind to whats in the ground if your running the Tejon iron content wise. I can take a digital detector (The Deus) is really good at this and I can lay out a site in just a little while according to the iron content. The slave cabins I have been hunting would be a prime example of laying out a site from iron content.

My point is this a person who coin shoots or even relic hunts and trust the disc circuit to cherry pick , well you guys so what happened in the video.... I understand the Tejon will unmask but to me its benefits are outweighed by its no iron tone. To each his own....
December 05, 2018 02:22PM
Calabash you certainly can tell when you are in iron with it set to just breakup on a nail. Many of us started out with beep dig detectors and it can be a very satisfying way to hunt even in heavy iron. The iron sounds turn into background white noise after a while and any little bleep bloop or whatever stands out amidst the background. Very Satisfying!
December 05, 2018 02:25PM
That is true most of the time... but get on a sight with a 1000 small lead balls the size of 3 BB'S and you might wont to pass a few. I can do that with a metered and multi tone machine( Deus and Equinox). I can call those with the Equinox. I can call shotgun shells a HIGH percentage of the time with the Deus and Equinox. I always dig them to be safe …..Point being is I have that choice ... There is so much info in these multi tone machines that a Tesoro just cant match....Its true in theory that set to iron reject it should clean a good path because you will have dug every bubble gum wrapper and tiny lead BB off the place... WARNING park hunters please dont try this..eye popping smileyabman Wrote:
> A Tejon with its discrimination set at nail reject
> doesn't leave much in its path for other detectors
> to find. I'm not a bigtime relic hunter, but it's
> my understanding that you dig ALL non-ferrous targ
> ets. I'm happy to see that some of the detector co
> mpanies are now starting to realize how well conce
> ntric search coils discriminate. I wish Deeptech w
> ould design a 7 or 8-inch concentric search for my
> Smart Plus.
>
> tabman
December 05, 2018 02:31PM
"To each his own"???? You actually typed that, after saying how it's your mission to get everyone to not become a "Tesoro cult member"? You need to get your story straight.

"My way or the highway" is what you really meant to type, right?
December 05, 2018 02:38PM
Yes but that can go two ways though.
I would be willing to bet the Anfibio in a park hunting situation would sound off high tone on all the 'steel' bottle caps as a good target.
Where a Old tech. CZ don't at all or They break up even at O Disc.
All these New higher Frequency Detectors seem to love them.
December 05, 2018 03:29PM

All of you people who hunt with the old tech, analog detectors and you're happy, please stay happy, please keep using the old tech, some one has to do it right ? If you're happy, we're all happy.
I'll be happy to sweep behind you and cherry pick all of the good stuff you've passed over in the iron and the good stuff that you didn't have time for because you were busy digging pull tabs and foil or iron.
Yes I know its a bit of a smart@$$ comment but it is accurate.

Calabash states the obvious only to some of us, that is perfectly fine and its even encouraged. Some of us appreciate the valuable informative and enlightening content with a fresh updated perspective.
If you disagree with his findings...... please feel free to create your own video and prove him wrong.
We look forward to your stimulating insight that shows a contradictory perspective. This is not meant to be antagonistic but I do look forward to both sides.
Anyone care to step up to the plate ???

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 03:30PM by Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant.
December 05, 2018 04:01PM
The simple fact of the matter is until Makro/Nokta started offering detectors with Tesoro performance separation and unmasking wise with small and medium concentrics in thick iron, tesoro was all we could use to really clean out a site.
XP Deus, have had one since 2013, talked many people into buying one, great machine No available concentric.
Nox 800 had it sold it, no small coil at the time and no concentrics
MMK small and medium concentric sadly replaced my Tesoros as my concentric go to machine (sadly took til 2018 to do it)
Deeptech VGG and smart+ my beep and dig go to machines now.
So as you can see with your testing a 2018 machine can finally match a 25 year old machine in heavy iron. Can you see maybe why now we have used a tesoros all these years to work heavy iron sites.
Congratulations Calabash for becoming a well rounded relic hunter now!