Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AF28, AF35, or KR40?

Posted by dgerst 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AF28, AF35, or KR40?
December 12, 2018 09:06PM
I'm considering a third coil for my Multi Kruzer. Currently I have the stock KR28 and the 7"concentric. I'd be using the big one mainly for pasture land and some plowed fields. EMI will vary from mild/moderate on some of the plowed fields to virtually none on the more remote pasture land. Ground varies wildly. Around here we have sand, the Great Salt plains, red dirt, and most everything in between. Any suggestion as to which of the above-mentioned coils might suit me best? Thanks!
Re: AF28, AF35, or KR40?
December 12, 2018 11:43PM
Thats stock coil for open areas is hard to beat and can still do pretty good to great in trash.

A very good welcome coil, I like it better than the stock 7x11 they have been using on their other machines..I almost think or feel and see it unmask as well as that style and gets more punch .

As of late I'm liking Round DD's verses Elliptical dd in mid size on up to larger coils.Round DD's give a little more punch compared to the elliptical DD's of same sizes.

The 7 concentric you have is a great coil for trash and better ID locks if you need that.Can suffer for depth though as the soil gets funny.And can break down on not seeing some fo the most severly masked targets in high trash too.But the blending and bleeding audio/filter combos the Nokta is using can overcome alot of died in the wool past scenarios.

Coil's are tough to choose at times.Luckily there's a bunch of of them out there.But there's also alot of overlap.usually coils other than say stock sizes and small sifter coils can become very site and user dependent for a users needed outcome and may not be the best every where..they become Niche coils.

Mars makes a 7 round DD I see and that might give you a different peek on a site.

I'd like to see makro/nokta make a 5 inch concentric and a 8 inch round DD to really fill the full spectrum.If they did that they would be about the only manufacturer to offer so many options from factory supplied coils that I can think of.

The right coil on the right machine on the right spot can be a big door opener.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 13, 2018 12:24AM
Here's what I have and use.
The standard 11" gets used first at new sites
7" concentric used second or after the easy targets have been removed.
5" Round DD in the really trashy areas.

Coils I also have that almost never get used:
4" X 7" DD CORS Shrew
5" X 9.5" DD KR24

Most of my hunting is in ghost towns, empty lots and home sites. I Never hunt plowed fields so no need for a larger coil in my sites.
December 13, 2018 12:50AM
I guess I'm looking for one more coil for depth. I'm wondering how much deeper the two larger coils are going to be than the AF28. My old Treasure Baron Cointrax with the 10" has served me well for depth but it's one heavy rig. The Kruzer is spoiling me. I'm leaning towards the KR40 but still uncertain.
Thanks!