Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox silver coin on edge

Posted by Gilligan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Equinox silver coin on edge
December 22, 2018 11:13AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If i remember right it does say that if you have u
> pdated your machine...... only way it wont is if y
> ou hit those three dots in the lower right corner
> which gives you the option to go back to the old p
> rogram. IF you down load the old version again..
> ...... then the site will tell you there is a newe
> r version of the program.
>
> Crap.... may have just messed up my machine now.
> I did a mode reset for both parks ..... im using t
> he old program...... now it does do what yours doe
> s give low digits AGAIN. Should have left well e
> nough a lone lol. Lucky i didnt touch my beach mo
> des. I also noted ..... depending where that coin
> was it gave different reading. Kind of all over t
> he place.

Dew

Do some gold ring tests on edge. With the original version I was getting 2/3 the distance on edge vs flat with mens bands ranging from 6 to 10 grams. Can't test the update since all the gold I had got sent in to cover a project.
Re: Equinox silver coin on edge
December 22, 2018 01:01PM
I assume you mean 1/3 LESS distance on edge? I see loosing depth as possible/probable......there isnt as much surface passing over the receive coil. Even then..... pass it over on edge one way.... then turn it the other way, there is even LESS surface going over the coil. On this sensitive machine size (SURFACE) does weigh heavy it seems over weight. 1/3 seems pretty significant thou. My tests showed a loose of maybe 3 or 4 inches between flat and on edge with the largest edge going over the coil. Likely get double beeps too over them being flat. I did test over 100 pieces of gold some time back with the two programs. I found very little depth or id difference between the programs (beach mode) on gold.... i just dont remember if i tested it on edge too. Some seem to think their machines needed a factory reset to work properly as well.

I tested some heavier gold rings for you both 10 and 14K. Still no real difference on the depth.... but yes you do get LESS depth with a ring on edge. I also tested those same rings on the Xcal and CTX...... they loose depth as well when a ring is on edge..... but like i said thats to be expected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2018 07:20PM by dewcon4414.