Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

ID Help Please - Gun Sights??

Posted by BigSkyGuy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
ID Help Please - Gun Sights??
December 24, 2018 07:40PM
Gun Sights?

Can anyone help ID the items shown? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays!
Re: ID Help Please - Gun Sights??
December 25, 2018 04:08PM
Not a relic hunter but doubt if an item like this would be found often...just judging by modern guns which would not be lost often...Imagine one of our avid relic hunters should chime in with more info....
December 25, 2018 04:13PM
I have never seen guns sights that look like that.
Older guns used iron sights as far a small I know.
December 26, 2018 12:29AM
I've found those before. Never really gave thought to what they were . But given how often they are found, I doubt they are gun-sights.
December 26, 2018 02:10AM
Linotype part

[www.google.com]
December 26, 2018 02:35AM
88junior you nailed it! I knew someone would come through. Thank you! How did you happen to know this?
December 26, 2018 02:47AM
Man, we used to have a Linotype in the high school print shop, I knew those parts looked familiar. That was a amazing machine, however even 35yrs ago it was obsolete w the advent of computerized type setting.

Aaron
December 26, 2018 12:39PM
WoW!! 88, good job kicking that up.
December 26, 2018 02:40PM
Thanks guys I have been around a linotype at historic site here in the area I live in and have seen a demonstration how it was used. That's how I knew what it was.