Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

“Monte's my hero kinda thread”

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: “Monte's my hero kinda thread”
February 15, 2019 10:40PM
I am thick skinned ,I will just post a video of his favorite detector getting whipped and watch him have a nervous breakdown.... smiling bouncing smiley
February 15, 2019 11:10PM
You have learned nothing. We don't care. Those on this thread went out of our way to state for the record we stand behind Monte. I don't care if he swings a tree branch. Now back to your dog house. We started this at your request. Now pi$$ OFF.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2019 11:20PM by goodmore.
February 15, 2019 11:26PM
You are a funny guy that REALLY needs to get a life,,
“Monte's my hero"
February 15, 2019 11:34PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am thick skinned ,I will just post a video of hi
> s favorite detector getting whipped and watch him
> have a nervous breakdown.... smiling bouncing smiley

Calabash,

What you should do is join us in Nevada in June, and bring TNSS with you. Bunch of us get together in Northern Nevada for 3-4 days, swinging all sorts of different detectors out in some of the Old West Ghost Towns. You can try your hand at a variation of relic hunting and see how it differs from your typical sites. There's some gold fields not too far away if you've ever had a hankerin' for that. Folks show up from all over. You can hunt some of the regular sites most everyone goes to or do some Map / History sleuthing of your own.

I'll bet at least a few of the folks show up with a 'Monte is My Hero' shirt just to poke some fun at Monte, so you can bring along yours if you want.

Rich (Utah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2019 11:39PM by Gonebeepin'.
February 15, 2019 11:55PM
What do those sites date back to??To be honest if they dont have Confederate buttons or Rev War Buttons there I am not really interested if a site is later than the civil war I will not even hunt it. I know we have our preferences and that's mine.

What would be funny though is a bunch of older dudes attacking me with their Tesoro detectors. That alone would be worth the trip...cool smiley
February 16, 2019 12:32AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> ARRON I thought you might be interested in these s
> hirts... YOU ARE
> MY HERO

Actually I thought this was quite amusing, but next time calabash, remember it’s spelled AARON, 2 A’s

IDK, man I think this is gettin way out of hand, kinda reminds of the Barry days, those on this forum back then know what I’m talking about.

I know calabash can be pretty obnoxious, and come off as a jerk sometimes but let’s face it, he creates drama even entertainment for some.

Who cares? Will you remember it next year next month? Will it change the course history?

I think he does have some useful information to contribute, just wish he could dial it back some.....

Paul had said at Romans 12:18 — If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.

There’s probably hundreds of years of experience here, I’ve been detecting since 86’ and some of you guys blow me away w the stuff you know. I’m trying to tap into that, and find some gold this year in what little spare time I have.

Proverbs 15:22 — Plans fail when there is no consultation, But there is accomplishment through many advisers.

BTW....whats the dates on that hunt in Nevada w the ghost towns? Probably can’t go anyway already going to Andy CTX Bootcamp in Gettysburg.

Aaron
February 16, 2019 12:35AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> What do those sites date back to??To be honest if
> they dont have Confederate buttons or Rev War Butt
> ons there I am not really interested if a site is
> later than the civil war I will not even hunt it.
> I know we have our preferences and that's mine.
>
> What would be funny though is a bunch of older dud
> es attacking me with their Tesoro detectors. That
> alone would be worth the trip...cool smiley

Most of the towns in Northern Nevada are linked to the Transcontinental railroad or gold/silver mining in some fashion. Dates of finds are typically 1850's through the turn-of-the-century. California gold rush had been going strong and the Transcontinental Railroad was in process. Kickindirt is in the neighborhood if you need to get some input. He's a Deus fan to boot.

Just a thought for an adventure. I always look forward to road trips myself.

As for a herd of old guys sporting a bunch of Tesoro's chasing you down the rails. Most everybody is pretty savvy about what they choose to use as nobody wants to be wasting their time.

Rich (Utah)

February 16, 2019 12:58AM
AARON you do remember how all this got started dont you??? You guys came over into my thread and spewed the crap about why I do what I do and now you crying about me needing to dial it back even quoting scripture. This one comes to mind...……

Pro 10:17  Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray. 
Pro 10:18  The one who conceals hatred has lying lips, and whoever utters slander is a fool. 
February 16, 2019 01:22AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> I am thick skinned ,I will just post a video of hi
> s favorite detector getting whipped and watch him
> have a nervous breakdown.... smiling bouncing smiley

man! what is it with you?..the " man" will "forget" more about detectors than you will ever know! he loves tesoros and so do 'tons" of others! .they have "always" found their share,and monte uses them because he KNOWS,as we all do,they are a "great" detector in experienced hands! simple to use,lightweight
excellent build quality,lifetime warranty,(yes,still around!),and just a ton of fun,and a joy to use!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 16, 2019 03:04AM
Yeah I am a complete idiot just remember to be on the lookout for a thread in a few days when I get back from the Low Country,,,Got some serious good research done on a site in a potential rev war area..... BTW Their so great they went out of business...…..YEAH I can see where that makes a lot of sense....eye rolling smiley Flawed logic if I have ever seen it. Hey check out my new video...new intro

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 03:10AM by calabash digger.
February 16, 2019 04:37AM
Aaron Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ARRON I thought you might be interested in these
> s
> > hirts... YOU A
> RE
> > MY HERO

>
> Actually I thought this was quite amusing, but nex
> t time calabash, remember it’s spelled AARON, 2 A’
> s
>
> IDK, man I think this is gettin way out of hand, k
> inda reminds of the Barry days, those on this foru
> m back then know what I’m talking about.
>
> I know calabash can be pretty obnoxious, and come
> off as a jerk sometimes but let’s face it, he crea
> tes drama even entertainment for some.
>
> Who cares? Will you remember it next year next mon
> th? Will it change the course history?
>
> I think he does have some useful information to co
> ntribute, just wish he could dial it back some....
> .
>
> Paul had said at Romans 12:18 — If possible, as fa
> r as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men.
>
> There’s probably hundreds of years of experience h
> ere, I’ve been detecting since 86’ and some of you
> guys blow me away w the stuff you know. I’m tryingsmiling smiley
> to tap into that, and find some gold this year in
> what little spare time I have.
>
> Proverbs 15:22 — Plans fail when there is no consu
> ltation, But there is accomplishment through many
> advisers.
>
> BTW....whats the dates on that hunt in Nevada w th
> e ghost towns? Probably can’t go anyway already go
> ing to Andy CTX Bootcamp in Gettysburg.
>
> Aaron

Good ole Barry!smiling smiley----Will we remember all this months & years down the road you ask?-----I dunno--could be--some of us old foggies remember Barry me boy!-----Will all this change the course of history you ask?---Now Aaron, that IS a tough question!winking smiley
What do the old guys use?
February 16, 2019 05:50AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Yeah I am a complete idiot just remember to be on
> the lookout for a thread in a few days when I get
> back from the Low Country,,,Got some serious good
> research done on a site in a potential rev war are
> a..... BTW Their so great they went out of busines
> s...…..YEAH I can see where that makes a lot of se
> nse....eye rolling smiley Flawed logic if I have ever seen it. H
> ey check out my new video...[url=https://youtu.be/
> mNCIOjmUwkE]new intro[/url]

Calabash,

For those of us out of the know, where's the LowCountry from your neck of the woods? I live at a bit over a mile high so when I drive East and get past Denver into the plains I'm in low country. If I'm going West it would be dropping off of Donner Pass in the Sierra Nevadas into the Bay Area.

Rich (Utah)

February 16, 2019 12:19PM
Down toward Charleston way and the surrounding counties.
February 16, 2019 12:33PM
calabash digger Wrote:

> BTW Their so great they went out of business

Pretty ignorant remark coming from a so called business owner. Why don't you ask the more important question...how long were they in business.
February 16, 2019 12:42PM
Our business has been in the family for 45 years.. but that is not the most important question to me buddy ……. The most important questions to me are . ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS? WHY ARE THEY NOT STILL IN BUSINESS? As a small business owner those are questions that concern me and not how good a company was 20 Yrs ago because that is irrelevant in 2019... BTW I am over and out for a few days will catch yhall when I get back in town..HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 12:44PM by calabash digger.
February 16, 2019 02:58PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> doc holiday Wrote:
> -----
> > Is that JABBA Da HUT ??
>
>
> You do know I am a bigger fellow because I have s
> ome health issues dont you. Liver problems... I ca
> n take your crap because I am thick skinned and ca
> n handle what I give out but some cant and YOU sho
> uld be mindful of commenting on the next guy's app
> earance. BTW I might Jab people about detectors an
> d stuff but not about their appearance.
>
>
> WHY DONT YOU POST A PIC OF YOURSELF FOR US ALL TO
> SEE? Jerk.....

Calabash my comment was directed at the TEE Shirt,not you.Sorry if it came across that way. God made us the way we are and who am I to disparage his work.
February 16, 2019 03:44PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Our business has been in the family for 45 years..
> but that is not the most important question to me
> buddy ……. The most important questions to me are .
> ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS? WHY ARE THEY NOT STILL
> IN BUSINESS? As a small business owner those are
> questions that concern me and not how good a compa
> ny was 20 Yrs ago because that is irrelevant in 20
> 19... BTW I am over and out for a few days will ca
> tch yhall when I get back in town..HH

Good luck at that new spot Calabash.

My family has been in business for 75 years. It is a multi million dollar business. We continue to expand and grow. I have a business of my own as well. Much harder to run it than the family business.

There are a lot of businesses that fold due to personal things and have nothing to do with products, service, etc. You should know that. Being in business for a long time takes a lot of hard work. There are also intangibles (such as the 'glue' that holds the business together) that play a huge part. Getting on Tesoro for going out of business is total BS and you know it. You just have a hard on for them and that's sad.

Nothing in business is irrelevant, past or present. Talk to the ones who STARTED your family business, because it is obvious it wasn't you. Riding on coat tails is easy. Start a business on your own, run it for 30 years and then talk to me. Let me know if things in the past didn't teach you and allow you to learn from mistakes.

If you knew the many reasons behind why Tesoro had to close up shop, you would think differently. When you really do have a business of your own, it will sink in.
February 16, 2019 04:04PM
Tesoro was a sitting duck.
They due to other offerings along with current pricing had no where to go.

They either had to fold or make something else detector wise. The second option takes capital and R&D. I bet they had neither.

The Mojave likely was a loss overall. They spent what little they had on it sndit was a bust. Small flash in the pan.

Other manufacturers far bigger than Tesoro have their concerns and problems too.

Be hard to build and sell a detector for 75 bucks wouldn’t it !!!
This is where Tesoro found themselves.
Oh yeah the mighty EQX was a contributor.

This lifetime warranty was costing them too.
I’ll bet more expense was going out to repairs on older Detectors vs actual profits on sales.
Detectors sold years ago too.

Besides, Tesoro folding. There being able to stay in business was question here years ago. With what they were offering model wise. Truthfully, I’ll bet they wish they had folded before getting involved with Mohave.

They were trying a thread a needle that had NO eye.

And the lifetime warranty, they had to fold to break this. No other company in their right mind would buy them out and have to keep the life time warranty.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 04:15PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 16, 2019 04:26PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> The Mojave likely was a loss overall. They spent
> what little they had on it sndit was a bust. Smal
> l flash in the pan.

I had a conversation with Rusty Henry in 2017 after the Mojave came out and according to him the Mojave was a big hit. In fact, he told me that the success of the Mojave and the new 7" coil on it was the only reason he delayed his retirement.

He also told me that Vince Gifford was very concerned about getting stuck with excess inventory so when the Mojave got released to a good bit of early positive buzz, they were caught way short with the initial manufacturing run.

That was the point when I figured the end was probably close at hand. Betting scared, in business just like actual gambling, is almost always a recipe for losing.
February 16, 2019 04:30PM
I folded my businesses when I came to a point that working 24/7 and 10+ hour days wasn't fun anymore. Thankfully for many years, I loved what I was doing and made enough money to retire early. If someone doesn't want to run a successful business anymore, that's their business.

tabman
February 16, 2019 04:39PM
What was drawing folks to Tesoro vs other models?

Sure wans’t Advertising or marketing wa it.

Minelab and Garrett very good at this.

Detectors with monitors (lower priced) got even cheaper since EQX release.

Now if every decades long detectorist would have ponied up and bought a new Tesoro maybe things might have been different. Only problem is these folks already likely had the units they bought years ago.

Employees have to be paid a living wage at least. I don’t know exactly what this is in Phoenix Az. Surely it is at least 12 bucks and hour. So when an older sold detector shows up with a problem someone must fix. And they must be paid. I just don’t see how this could be done really with what the detectors were sold for on the first place. And materials for repairs are a consideration too, I have said here previously I am good with math. The math here just don’t add up.

Maybe why few other detectors manufacturers offer lifetime warranty.

My posting of this subject is not me being pleased or my hurrah for Tesoro’s demise. Just me looking from the outside in.

PS
Think about this.
Look at warranty time manufacturers give on Li Pro batteries like in detectors made by Xp and Minelab. They sure don’t give full detector time warranty on the batteries themselves.
Why?
There is a good reason. By not doing they have a better idea of their actual overall commitments $$ wise.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2019 04:47PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 16, 2019 04:47PM
One of my favorite recent TV shows was the show Justified. I don't mean no disrespect to Monte when I say whar I'm bout to say. But there was a character on there named Boyd Crowder whom throughout the series, other characters often referred to his "way of talking". He was notorious for being long winded. That's who I think of when I think of Monte...that's not a bad thing cause Boyd was my favorite character in the series. I remember one quote about him that was "look at you...using 40 words when 4 would do" haha.
February 16, 2019 05:01PM
therover61 Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> -----
> > Our business has been in the family for 45 years
> ..
> > but that is not the most important question to m
> e
> > buddy ……. The most important questions to me are
> .
> > ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS? WHY ARE THEY NOT STI
> LL
> > IN BUSINESS? As a small business owner those ar
> e
> > questions that concern me and not how good a com
> pa
> > ny was 20 Yrs ago because that is irrelevant in
> 20
> > 19... BTW I am over and out for a few days will
> ca
> > tch yhall when I get back in town..HH
>
> Good luck at that new spot Calabash.
>
> My family has been in business for 75 years. It is
> a multi million dollar business. We continue to ex
> pand and grow. I have a business of my own as wel
> l. Much harder to run it than the family business.
>
> There are a lot of businesses that fold due to per
> sonal things and have nothing to do with products,
> service, etc. You should know that. Being in busin
> ess for a long time takes a lot of hard work. Ther
> e are also intangibles (such as the 'glue' that ho
> lds the business together) that play a huge part.
> Getting on Tesoro for going out of business is tot
> al BS and you know it. You just have a hard on for
> them and that's sad.
>
> Nothing in business is irrelevant, past or present
> . Talk to the ones who STARTED your family busines
> s, because it is obvious it wasn't you. Riding on
> coat tails is easy. Start a business on your own,
> run it for 30 years and then talk to me. Let me kn
> ow if things in the past didn't teach you and allo
> w you to learn from mistakes.
>
> If you knew the many reasons behind why Tesoro had
> to close up shop, you would think differently. Whe
> n you really do have a business of your own, it wi
> ll sink in.

apparently,he does! owns a "seafood restaurant"..i still say he has been "sampling'" his product too much. concentrations of mercury in fish can be debilitating..

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 16, 2019 07:01PM
jmaryt Wrote:

>
> apparently,he does! owns a "seafood restaurant"..i
> still say he has been "sampling'" his product too
> much. concentrations of mercury in fish can be deb
> ilitating..
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

[www.myfooddiary.com]
February 16, 2019 10:40PM
Wonder which one it is?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 17, 2019 12:37AM
All the personal insults got to love it...…..Just remember who is out finding the relics tomorrow while yhall are sitting around crying about Tesoro going out business. Thanks for the business lesson!!
February 17, 2019 01:09AM
So, which one is it? 45 years - ought to be proud to tell us I reckon.

Funny thing about social media - when somebody doesn’t use their right name, seems like they might say things which they wouldn’t want associated with their “real life”.

Rick Kempf
February 17, 2019 01:53AM
eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 01:54AM by calabash digger.
February 17, 2019 02:04AM
The Golden Sabre software programming loss and the Cazador fiasco were some of the first indicator something was going wrong................then they tried to keep hush about it, hoping the uproar would go away............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 17, 2019 02:22AM
CD.....?????

So who are you.

Rick Kempf