Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1236-X2 VS ID Edge

Posted by lurksalot 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1236-X2 VS ID Edge
May 19, 2007 07:16PM
NASA Tom,

Would you please compare the 1236-X2 to the ID Edge as to depth and the ability to see thru iron. (In good soil) I know the Edge has many more bells and whistles, but feel that performance may be similar between the two.
Thanks much for any info.

Linwood
Re: 1236-X2 VS ID Edge
May 19, 2007 10:42PM
Hi Linwood,

The 1236-X2 is just shy of the depth capabilities of the Edge. The Edge is also a bit more stable. The Edge is a bit more quiet in iron....... Yet BOTH are not so good in reference to iron see-thru abilities. The T-2 & F-75 are unsurpassed for iron see-thru abilities.

Tom
May 20, 2007 12:05PM
HI Tom,

I have considerable time on the 1236 and Edge and have to disagree with your statement about iron see-thru. If you use only the T2/F-75 as a reference to iron see thru that is very unfair to the 2 machines in question. I'll take a 1236 or Edge over a ML..Tesoro.. Whites ect for iron see-thru everytime! The Edge with the small coil closely approaches the T2 and stock coil in iron see-thru ability on a wide range of targets size and conductivities. Thats a Fact!

Tom
May 21, 2007 02:09AM
Hi Tom,

Yes, I have had quite impressive iron see-thru results w/ID Edge also..... and it's impressively quiet & stable in iron. (ML Advantage also 'rates' fairly high). And comparing concentric detectors to DD equipped detectors (especially elliptical DD)..... is comparing apples to school buses. I know exactly where you are coming from. Yet, I have performed head-to-head testing with T-2 vs. Edge in heavy iron infested sites... and the elliptical DD T-2 showed considerable performance gains (including more accurate ID) over ID Edge. Changing some of the T-2's set-up parameters.... and it suddenly became a comparable platform to ID Edge.

--- F-75 has zero advantage over a T-2.............,,,,,,,,,,, until/unless Sensitivity can be run above '82'; unto which...the F-75 will then have formidable performance gains beyond T-2's capabilities. There are plenty of sites where electrical instability issues will preclude abilities to adjust Sens above '82' on the F-75......... yet, there are sites that do allow max Sens settings, which...in turn, will leave T-2 far behind. (Head-to-Head performed here also).

Tom