Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well...its going to get even more harder to hunt the parks...

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Well...its going to get even more harder to hunt the parks...
May 24, 2011 01:09PM
I am noticing that the parks in my area, and not just my city are cutting the grass more infrequently. And some areas of the parks they cut only once in awhile. Last night I managed to get out for alittle and was shocked to see my favorite parks grass was over the top of my Lesche digger handle. With the long grass means less depth and more mosquitos and bugs. The cities just dont have the money anymore and this is only the start of many cut backs...
Re: Well...its going to get even more harder to hunt the parks...
May 24, 2011 01:56PM
Funny you should mention that..as over the weekend hunted a school area and yep the grass was so long coil kept getting caught in the grass..Not for lack of bucks just too much rain and saw where the lawn tractor stuck...
Hope for some dry time so I can get the deck painted and perhaps have a cut area on my next trip...Actually tough on the arm wading thru deep grass not to mention the lack of depth in areas that was once a 30's amusement park...and even though area beat to death still some old Barbers and silver to be had but again need all the depth I can muster..
May 24, 2011 02:38PM
Yes the over abundance of rain is a definate issue also...we've had the 4th rainiest spring in a 100yrs.
Hoping for a dryer summer.
May 24, 2011 03:18PM
Late april - late may the grass and weeds go crazy then in late may they die down and if cut or not some grasses die down. In late fall in my area the weeds die and lay flat but that would be where the LTD and boost work best

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 24, 2011 09:59PM
You beat me to the answer LowBoy. Yes the F75 LTD and Boost will allow you to keep the depth and raise the coil higher. (also the T2 LTD)

Tom in SC
May 24, 2011 11:20PM
yes f75 ltd would be the ticket!!! stuff is also lost easier in tall grass!
May 25, 2011 12:05AM
But the good stuff was lost when the grass was cut every Thursday, and the gas to run the mower cost $0.19/gallon.
May 25, 2011 03:28AM
I had to pass up 4 good old hunting sites because the grass is too long to detect there.Too much rain.Bill
May 25, 2011 10:50AM
The first cut of the hay fields here in PA should be in June. One of the farmers said he would call me when he cuts...great guy, he loves to see the finds. Last week I dug a 1782 Hibernia out of his back yard. I did notice the parks don't cut the grass as often, been like that for the last few years.
May 26, 2011 03:13AM
I hate to say this (Cuz I LUV my Country) But the Counties & States (Let alone the fed!!) are RUNNING outta $$$!!! High grass is the least of our concern! Save, Stockpile, HOARD your Silver! (God's $$$)

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!