Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT MAX

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT MAX
April 06, 2019 10:59PM
Has anyone tried the Garrett AT Max? I understand it may not be as deep detecting as many of it's foreign competition (Equinox, Anfibio, Dues). Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Mark
Re: AT MAX
April 07, 2019 12:03AM
April 07, 2019 02:16AM
I bought one for my wife and it is better than a lot of people say. It is very sensitive and gets good depth. Not the best on batteries. The wireless option uses batteries up faster. I use a F75LTD and have got her to check deep targets I hit and she hears most all of them.
April 07, 2019 03:34AM
Depth is pretty good, and separation is good too, but it gets fooled by deep pulltabs, calls them coins.
April 07, 2019 11:48AM
Top heavy, allot of ground noise in my soil. Very deep in all metal. Don't let you tube call your shot.
April 07, 2019 12:40PM
DUD detector....if your looking for deep coins you will have to dig iron and all to find them ….EQUINOX and Anfibio blow the thing out of the water....GARRETT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2019 12:41PM by calabash digger.
April 07, 2019 01:25PM
If you are not going in the water a Teknetic T2 Classic is great for the price. If you can go $300 more you can have the Equinox or XP ORx.
April 07, 2019 01:28PM
At that price range you can get an Equinox with multiple frequencies and tons more features.
April 07, 2019 04:17PM
The weight of the Max sucked and the bouncy target ID was not very accurate. Out of three AT machines it's the worst of the 3 in my honest opinion. Save a little more money and get a Deus or a Nox.
April 07, 2019 05:44PM
But it's got a backlight and audio volume!tongue sticking out smiley
April 07, 2019 05:50PM
Pedlar mills Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But it's got a backlight and audio volume!tongue sticking out smiley

And a rubber grip
April 07, 2019 06:28PM
There are no perfect detectors out there. Plenty of good finds are made with the AT Max detectors. Having said that there are a few other detectors that you should consider. The Equinox by Minelab or the Orx by XP.. These other detectors seem to out perform the AT Max from many opinions I have read. If salt water hunting is in your future the Equinox is the clear way to go.
April 07, 2019 06:35PM
Had a friend that had an AT Max, he liked it and used it exclusively until he saw me picking out targets that he missed in super heavy trash. I'm not in any way saying that the AT Max is not a good detector, it is and deserves the following that it has earned. My own personal observations between the Nox 800 and the AT Max...... the Nox wins.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
April 07, 2019 07:35PM
Agree that the Max is the worst of the AT Series. Way too noisy and you will dig more trash. Garrett could have at least fixed the weakness of the control box falling off. There are better machines in the same price range. Garrett does a ton of advertising.....just dont be fooled. If you want to stick with Garrett go with the AT Gold or Pro.
April 08, 2019 11:45AM
Thanks for all your input !!!