Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I got a new detector!!!!

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I got a new detector!!!!
August 16, 2008 03:58PM
Most of the posts on here are about Fisher.With Toms work with CZ's and his expertise(sp) it's no wonder.For 2 1/2 years I've wanted a Garrett GTI 2500.I finally broke down and bought one.Yesterday was my first hunt with the 2500.It is a different animal.I've never used a threshold based detector before.I found a wheatie and a toy Wyatt Earp metal badge and a coin/token from the 50's about President Zach Taylor.I found my first gold jewelry with it yesterday also.A pendant with a red stone in it.I only used it for a couple of hours total.I'm going to take it to a potentionally unhunted spot today,gird it off and hunt it then the F 75 and compare notes.Thanks Tom,now you've got me using a notebook to record target information before I retrieve it,at old sites.Like Arnold said in the movie"I'll be back!!!"
Re: I got a new detector!!!!
August 16, 2008 08:27PM
ME too! Congrats on the new detector...it sounds like you are already doing rather well...good luck! I finally decided to give an F-75 a trysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2008 10:32PM by christopher-ohio.
August 17, 2008 03:45AM
The old homestead site was a bust.No coins with either detector.Went to a drive inn theater(old site) and dug a 1944 Mercury dime.In a heavily hunted park I found a 1950 wheatie and a 1972 Kennedy Half with the 2500.Also some clad.
August 17, 2008 04:53AM
The president z.t. was most likely a gas station token...i forgot the one that did this, i believe it was citgo, but i can't remember...in the 1950's (a little b 4 i was born) they had tokens for all the presidents, and when u fill your tank up, you got one, and some people went only to citgo so they can eventually get the entire collection.
...Nice finds, my buddy had a 2500 that caugt an IH that my other friends DFX missed when we hunted an old boy scout camp....they r different, as u said, but nice machines.

-Mike
August 17, 2008 11:52AM
Time permitting, would like to see a head-to-head.
Heads up o the GTI 2500...
August 17, 2008 03:41PM
Although I felt it was bulky, didn't like anyone talking to me(turned it off) and one wonders if they ever fixed the one button sticking, also the imaging after 6 inches is worthless on a coin but can tell a can at a foot or better it had one excellent feature. The all metal sure is noisy and Deeeeeeeeeeep and also ID's. Example dug a 13 inch measured Barber dime that ID'd it right on as a dime. Dug some deep silver dimes using CZ's since 92 and never dug one any deeper. As far as I am concerned the All metal that ID's is as deep as any and deeper than most on the market..
Re: Heads up o the GTI 2500...
August 18, 2008 06:48AM
So far the 2500 handles the ground mineralization,dry ground and EMI way better than the F75.The I.D and depth indication are spot on.I have found some Mercury dimes,a silver quarter and a bunch of wheaties with it.I'm trying to learn it better before I run a head to head with the F75.Bottlecaps have plagued me with the F75.I have yet to dig a bottlecap with the 2500.It is a heavy beast though.
August 18, 2008 10:10PM
Most all detectors are more 'ground friendly' and EMI stable vs. the F-75.......... HOWEVER........ this does not constitute 'better performance'. Just simply; less brain-fatiguing.
August 20, 2008 05:37AM
Got 2 Mercury dimes and 3 wheaties in a nasty place with the new detector.EMI city.They were the only coins found at this spot.I have to check,one of the wheaties is a 1944-D .I need to check to see if its a D over S.I can't tell with my little magnfying glass.
August 20, 2008 10:39AM
Are you saying the new GTI-2500 had EMI???
August 21, 2008 02:33PM
No way!!!! 2500,no EMI.F75 couldn't hunt with it.Now I'm in the process of replanting a new test garden.This will have colocated targets,the works.It will be great.I might charge admission just to come see it.My only concern might be with depth on the 2500.That will just take time to determine in "real world" hunting experiences.
August 23, 2008 11:19AM
Would like to know your results with "ID accuracy" on the deeper coins using the GTI-2500.
August 23, 2008 08:43PM
When I get "days off" I'll diligently work on that project.
August 24, 2008 01:03AM
In calif your detector does not even come close to the F75 I don't think many detectors do. The Fisher is a great machine and I am still findinding ways to tweak it

I tired your unit it was slow and heavy and had no depth and did not do a good job at relic hunting. I tried a lot of machines and in Calif all of the Fishers have been great machines. And with the help of Tom it is the best thing since rice!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 04:15AM by Lawrenzo.
August 24, 2008 03:46AM
don't like the color either!..looks like somebody "puked" on it!..i guess
"charlie" likes that color!
August 24, 2008 01:34PM
The GTI-1500 & GTI-2500 performed "below average" in my test-garden...... and in real dirt situations (in Florida).