Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fl winds

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fl winds
April 15, 2019 03:25PM
Is it me or have we (Florida) had a lot more wind this winter. We get greater tide swings which of course can mean a few more waves at low tide. Been windy all week....looks like Sat we get Hawaii waves of nearly 9’ with 25mph winds straight out of the West. Outter sand bar moves to the beach....and just NADA there. What we need after this is a N. or S. Wave pattern for a few days cutting what’s going to be piles of worthless sand down to the shells. Just never know.....do I hunt flat beaches or high banks that might get cut out? Either way look like surfs up.
Re: Fl winds
April 15, 2019 03:30PM
Dew I tried to detect yesterday in 40 mph winds. Tough to do. About got blew over 3 different times with gusts. Finally gave up. About blew my headphones off my head. Much better today. So will have a go. Fingers and toes crossed, horseshoe thrown left shoulder, rabbits foot in pocket.
April 15, 2019 03:43PM
40 mph winds can really mess up a beach coming straight in down here. Something we beach hunters also realize with headphones you can dive with.....most have drain holes for ear pressure and to let water drain. But....in high wind really whistles thru those holes making it almost impossible to hunt.
April 15, 2019 04:15PM
V windy this side of the pond too!

I don't seem to remember it being "windy" in Fla unless a Hurricane was being served up?

Global Warming - my brother reminded me of this today as it is very wintry here!!!
April 15, 2019 04:24PM
You know how close to the beach I live Des ....so if there is a breeze I have it. We keep a nice breeze most of the time.... but there’s a big difference what we are getting now. Maybe next time Des you won’t be pressed for time and you can get a detector wet.
April 15, 2019 05:30PM
Crazy weather up here in Michigan, just had 4” of snow on the west side of state. Also really windy up here too lately, On my way to the lake right now expect it to be real choppy. Makes recovering small targets real difficult.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 15, 2019 07:35PM
Ice is starting to blow out of little traverse bay in northern michigan.
April 15, 2019 09:29PM
5 inches of snow here yesterday, 52 today and 72 tomorrow. Yes we have talked about how the wind blew here all winter.