Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Last Couple Of Hunts = Mixed Bag Of Finds

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Last Couple Of Hunts = Mixed Bag Of Finds
April 25, 2019 02:08AM
Hey all. Been on a break from this place for a couple of months and hitting some new sites this spring with my Diggin partner. Was out earlier today searching for some cabin sites on injun land but not a lot of luck in finding them. The land is 2 one mile square sections in a township where injuns lived from the 1830s to about 1860/61 so it may take us a while to find where the center of their community was. The 1st pic is an area we were searching today and if you look you can see a marshy Area that we came upon and straight out in front in the center at the edge of the marsh I ran into a Michigan rattlesnake that I prodded with my shovel until he decided to slither away! 1st one this yr and only 1 of very few I’ve ever encountered.

The second pic is last weekends digs on two separate sites almost adjoining each other,,, one is a little older than the other so I ended up with a mix of finds. Everything is from 1860s thru the 1910s. Nothing to write home about but fun to find/dig none the less on these nice spring days we’ve been having grinning smiley

Worth mention:
1863 fatty
1864 injun
1918 Buffalo
1888 injun
Some teens wheats
Spencer Hull
A sterling silver Pin with initials RMS
Some buttons
Thimble
Etc etc.

Thanks for looking thumbs down

Re: Last Couple Of Hunts = Mixed Bag Of Finds
April 25, 2019 02:28AM
Very nice, I like the RMS pin. WTG!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 02:29AM by Aaron.
April 25, 2019 02:46AM
Good stuff! I love dug coins that have patina like that higher grade 1864 Indian.
April 25, 2019 03:11AM
RMS?? I wonder if it is related to RMS Titanic?
April 25, 2019 03:46AM
I like that star Buckle!!

I think that R.M.S. is religious pin..Like Methodist..they use that scroll border motif on those Sunday school pins etc.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 25, 2019 09:53AM
I'd say it was a good day! Swinging in the thick. Good deal, MRH.
April 25, 2019 09:08PM
Nice spot you have there and nice haul of finds! Like the IHPs and the silver pin thumbs down
April 25, 2019 10:18PM
Congrats on the finds and for seeking out that location.. smileys with beer
April 25, 2019 10:36PM
A good selection there.
Although I can't see the underside of it, I think the 'flower' object is part of a tobacco jar lid:
[finds.org.uk]
[finds.org.uk]
April 26, 2019 11:39AM
Coin world suggests the use of mineral oil to bring back the natural color of those RED cents.
April 26, 2019 12:56PM
Nice mixed bag of finds!

Dean
April 26, 2019 04:18PM
Thanks guys. (Tu)

Pimento,,, I think you’re right. I’ve dug a few of those over the yrs and mainly on sites with pipe stems laying around.
May 01, 2019 01:01PM
I like the big rim fire hull ----if that is what it is.
May 02, 2019 04:51AM
Nice digs, MRH! I just dug an 1863 fattie this past weekend also (was back home in PA on vacation), and it was red/pink, just like yours!

Steve
May 03, 2019 09:45AM